Ch 3

How Can I Help You?

The next day after Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s daily visit to Sehun’s house, he was graced by Kris’s presence in the early afternoon. Kris was one of Sehun’s older buddies and one of the most womanizing one as well. He had a history of picking of girls of great beauty and fantastic bodies. However Kris never kept a long lasting relationship that was longer than a couple of weeks because of problems. But recently he had a girl he’s been seeing for a while and let’s just say everyone was surprised, and more noticeably Tao, the best friend of Kris. Everyone thought maybe his current girlfriend was “the one” but it seems that even this relationship was starting to have issues.

 

“I don’t know what to do Sehun.” Kris started out.

 

“Uh Huh.”  hummed Sehun as he was drinking from his coffee cup.

 

“I mean its so hard just dealing with this.” Kris said tiredly.

 

“Uh Huh.” hummed Sehun again.

 

“With us, I feel like we’re like water and fire. One minute I feel like I’m walking on air and I’m totally  in love with her, then the next moment I’m the most pathetic person in the world and on the verge of breaking up this relationship.”

 

“Uh-Huh.”

 

“Every time after an argument , I’m positive I’m going to break it off but then she goes and does something to make me forget the whole thought entirely afterwards.”

 

“I see.” Sehun sat his drink down and started to trace his finger on the rims of the cup

 

“I have my flaws and she has hers but she acts like she doesn’t, like she’s perfect, while I’m a sad excuse of a human being. It makes me so angry when she does that.” Kris said while running his fingers through his hair.

 

“That’s unfortunate.”

 

“Sehun are you even listening to me?” Kris  grumbled.

 

“Of course I am. All my attention is on you.” Sehun said nonchalantly.

 

“Then why aren’t you saying nothing.” Kris asked.

 

“I am. Didn’t you hear all that uh-huhs and I sees?” Sehun said in a playful voice.

 

“I swear you Sehun.”

 

“How? I’m listening to your problems right now. I’m just waiting until you’re done.”

 

“I know, but the way you are looking at me discourages me.” Kris sighed, noting how emotionless Sehun looked earlier.

 

“What do you mean my face?!” Sehun said quite offended. He was actually listening intently to Kris’s normal girlfriend problem.

 

“Its just all.......uninterested! Your dead fish eyes doesn’t make it any better.” Kris pointed out.

 

“You are such a jerk Kris. Just because my face expression doesn’t show it but I do care about your problem as much as you do.” Sehun explained.

 

“Ok, sorry. You know I can be a bit....” Kris began

 

“Mean.” Sehun finished Kris’s sentence.

 

“I’m not mean.”

 

Sehun looked at Kris with a oh-really expression. Sehun knew Kris too well. Although Kris does not mean to act like an and really blunt, it was just the way he was. But still, Kris did have a habit of hurting peoples feelings, unintentionally, especially his girlfriends.

 

“Fine! I’m a bit mean.” Kris admitted. “But I’m not THAT mean.”

 

“Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night.” Sehun answered.

 

“Are you sure you aren’t the mean one.” Kris spat.

 

“Yes. I’m sarcastic not a .” Sehun said with a smirk on his face.

 

Kris rolled his eyes and propped his elbow on the table and placed his chin on in his palm.

 

“So back to the original conversation, I’m a bit distressed.” Kris said.

 

“So as usual its about your girl.” Sehun said.

 

“Yup. I’m just so confused.”

 

“Yea, one minute you love her and the next minute you want to strangle her.”

 

“Woah! Not strangle her! Just kick her to the curve.”

 

Sehun hid his smile behind his hand.

 

“How long have you guys been dating anyway.” Sehun asked.

 

“Around 2 and half months.” Kris said thoughtfully. “Almost 3 months I suppose.

 

“Maybe its just a phase.” Sehun suggested.

 

“A phase?”

 

“Yea. Sometimes a couple has different phases in their relationship.” Sehun said. “For example there might be a phase when you guys can’t keep your hands off each other.”

 

“Oh I remember that phase.” Kris his lips. “That was a good time.”

 

Sehun almost gagged at this. “Ok too much information, .”

 

“Oh don’t act all innocent. I know how you read books.” Kris pointed out.

 

“.............................” Sehun stared blankly at Kris

 

“Ha! I was right.” Kris patted himself on the back for finally getting one over Sehun, which does not happen quite often.

 

“They’re not books......they just contain topics about.......making love.” Sehun said trying his best not to look guilty.

 

However Kris saw through his disguise.

 

“Suuuuure Sehun. Let’s say that then.” Kris chuckled.

 

“ you Kris.”

 

“That’s very flattering but I have a hot girlfriend.”

 

Sehun groaned.

 

“Shut up Kris. We’re straying away from the main problem here.”

 

“Oh yea, we are.”

 

“So since you have mixed feelings about your recent girlfriend, I’ll just ask you some questions on how you feel about her. If you answer remotely positive, try to stick it out for a little longer, if not, break up with her this afternoon.”

 

“The afternoon? Isn’t that too soon?” Kris sat up in the chair.

 

“That’s IF we learn that you only stayed for her looks.” Sehun reassured.

 

“Ok, shoot then.”

 

“Do you find her attractive?”

 

“Very. I mean you seen her Sehun. Like hot damn! She’s fine.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“Does she make you happy?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yes? No? Maybe....” Kris said unsure of the correct answer.

 

“Think about it in a percentage. Out of 100, how much does she make you happy.”

 

“Like 70?” Kris asked in more of a question.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah your right, its likes 55.” Kris finally decided.

 

“Do you think about her often?”

 

“How often?”

 

“Like half the day.” said Sehun

 

“Yeah, but mostly not on a positive note.”

 

“How long have you been thinking you should break up with her?”

 

“A few days ago”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“But you’ve been complaining about her for like 3 weeks.” Sehun said a little confused.

 

“Yea, but I never thought of breaking it off at all until someone mentioned it.”

 

Sehun’s eyebrows knitted.

 

“Who mentioned it?” Sehun asked.

 

“Oh Tao did.”

 

“..........why?” Sehun wasn’t too shocked to hear that.

 

“He said that he was tired of me always coming to him about my love life and suggested that if I was so annoyed by my girlfriend why don’t I think of breaking up with her.”

 

“Whoa.”

 

“I know, right? I never thought Tao would be the one to tell me that. I mean we both know he’s even more straightforward than I am, but he’s never mean about it.” Kris said.

 

Sehun hummed in agreement as a thought came into his head.

 

“I have one last question. Do you ever think of anyone ually other than your girlfriend?”

 

“I...........don’t”

 

“What was with that long pause?”

 

“T-That wasn’t a p-pause, something was caught in my t-throat.” Kris stammered, obviously lying..

 

Sehun looked at Kris but decided to let the subject drop.Sehun sighed and touched the bridge of his nose.

 

“I think you should stay with her a little longer.”

 

“Really? Why.” Kris scratched his head.

 

“I’m not exactly sure but, just see how it goes. I just don’t want you regretting breaking up with her afterwards. So lets make sure you really can’t stand her.”

 

“Seems understandable.”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Thank you Sehun. You’re really a great help.”

 

“What are friends for?” Sehun awfully smugly.

 

“Right.” Kris paused. “So do you have any problems?”

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

 

Kris suddenly felt embarrassed.

 

“I-I just wanted to see how are you. I mean, I always come to you to help me out but you never confided in me.”

 

Sehun couldn’t hold back a laugh. This was one of the first times he seen Kris to actually care about someone other than himself. Before Sehun could apologize for the rude  action, Kris stormed out of the room, feeling humiliated and mad for being remotely caring for once.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“That !” Sehun’s friend, Tao, slammed his fist on the table.

 

“Calm down Tao. I don’t want you breaking my table again.” Sehun tried to calm the younger down.

 

Tao was another friend of Sehun’s that loved to come whining and complaining to Sehun. Out of all his friends, Tao was the most violent and sassiest. When he comes to Sehun’s house, he had a habit of breaking something of Sehun’s or get into an argument with the author since they both had very venomous words. However the next day, the two would have no remembrance of the fight at all, knowing that the things they said were not true.

 

Tao mumbled a sorry and folded his arms in annoyance.

 

“Is it her again?” Sehun said, knowing full well it was.

 

“Yes its that again.” Tao said under his breathe.

 

“You know she has a name.”

 

“I don’t care. She’s a and that is how I’m going to address her.” Tao said stubbornly.

 

“Whoa. What did Kris’s girlfriend do to you this time?” Sehun asked his seething friend.

 

“She was talking bad about Kris behind his back.”

 

“Isn’t that what you guys do to her?  Aren’t you doing that right now?” Sehun pointed out.

 

Tao, stubborn as he is, denied that.

 

“No thats different. When you gossip about someone you don’t do it with that person’s friend. That could’ve went to one of her many y friends, not me.”

 

“True. So what did she say.” Sehun said, giving up on the  Tao’s logic.

 

“That sad excuse of a girlfriend, told me that Kris is so insensitive, mean, and selfish. That he cares only about himself and no one else.”

 

“Wait.” Sehun leaned forward, “Isn’t she just describing Kris.”

 

“So! It doesn’t matter. As a girlfriend you should see only the bright sides of a person not the bad sides.”

 

“Thats ridiculous and you know it.” Sehun said, knowingly.

 

“Who’s side are you on?!” shouted Tao.

 

“No one’s. I’m just saying, you should see a person for both their flaws and perfections. Thats all.”

 

“Whatever.” Tao grumbled.

 

“You really don’t like her, do you.” Sehun knew how Tao was about Kris’s girlfriend. Well, he never liked any of Kris’s girlfriends. He never liked a single one. None at all.

 

“I think thats pretty clear to see.” Tao said snarkily.

 

“Why?”

 

“Why not? She’s stuck up, two faced, and annoying.”

 

“And Pretty, can’t forget pretty.” Sehun added, to irritate Tao.

 

“Yes I give her some props for being attractive enough to catch Kris’s attention.”

 

“Not to mention she’s a girl.” Sehun said slyly.

 

Tao glared at Sehun.

 

“What is that suppose to mean?”

 

“What do you think it means?” teased Sehun.

 

“I think it means you’re being an .”

 

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.”

 

“You’re a bad therapist.”

 

“I’m not a therapist.”

 

“You should be, all you do is sit your down at this table listening to everyone’s problems.”

 

“I’m an author, Tao, not a damn miracle worker. I LISTEN to people’s problems and give out my own opinions and advice. I don’t solve their problems like Therapists do.”

 

“Then why do you do it then? Are you really that bored of your life that you need to hear about others.” Tao pushed on.

 

Sehun put down his coffee and glared at Tao.

 

“Tao you don’t want to go there.” Sehun warned.

 

“What if I want to?”

 

“Then you’ll regret it.”

 

“Try me.”

 

“Fine.” Sehun got up from his chair and went upstairs. He found his way to his room and was rummaging through his drawers. He pulled out a small photo book, which made him smile a bit. He rushed downstairs and slammed it on the kitchen table in front of the angry friend.

 

“What the hell is this?” Tao asked.

 

However Sehun ignored his question and began to rapidly flip the pages. He stopped at one page and a gleam in his eyes appeared.

 

He slid a photo out of the book and slid it to Tao.

Tao stared at the photo before a grim expression slowly made its way to Tao’s face.

Sehun at that moment knew that he had won over Tao.

 

“W-Why?” Tao’s voice came out hoarse.

 

“Just because.”

 

“Why do you still have this?”

 

“For moments like these. That’s why.”

 

Tao ripped the photo in shreds, and glared at Sehun.

 

“You don’t anymore.” Tao said with a relieved smile

 

“Oh Tao. Pitiful, pathetic Tao. Don’t you think I have more than one photo of you touching Kris lips when he was sleeping.”

 

Tao jumped from his sit.

 

“You ! That was from high school, That was a misunderstanding, ok?!.”

 

“Sure it was Tao, Sure it was.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“I was! Damnit Sehun!” Tao snatched the photobook off the table and threw it at Sehun.

 

Sehun reacted quickly and ducked. Even though Sehun missed it and was out of harms way, it costed him his picture frame.

 

“Tao, What the hell!” Sehun yelled as he looked at the shattered glass on the floor.


By then, Tao already ran out the door, trying his best not to laugh at Sehun’s angry expression, knowing that he was the real one that won this one.

 

 

 

Author's note.

I present you with the Kris and Tao. lol.

I have don't have much to say right now but the only thing i need to tell you guys is that Chen and Xiumin is up next.

Look forward to it~