Ch 20

How Can I Help You?

This is a triple update. So if started off here, I suggest you go to chapter 18

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun was contemplating on to either bang his head on the wall or to just work up the nerves and walk outside. He was bored. Really, really bored. He had called Luhan earlier, but Luhan was busy with a client who wanted to have a huge party just because she had her cavities filled in. “Rich kids. They just find anything to have a party for.” Luhan said jokingly over the phone.

 

Well after that, Sehun tried to read, but his mood was ruined because of  Kyungsoo, Kris and Yixing. He wanted to talk to someone else, he wanted to interact so badly for the first time in a while. As a hermit, Sehun believes he had failed the hermit lifestyle.

 

So he just found things to do, like cleaning his whole house. Which didn’t take him too long because he’s honestly not that messy. The only time he doesn’t clean is around a book’s deadline.  And that’s maybe once or twice a year.

 

He tried to watch TV, but that was torture. All those commercials and stupid love dramas drove him up the wall and he thought he’d rather stare at a wall rather than watch a girl just stand there like a spooked deer when a guy kisses her, who by the way, at kissing.

 

So he did stare at the wall. No, he really did. That’s what he was doing for sometime. For 3 hours straight to be specific. And Sehun could honestly say it was the most interesting activity that late morning.

 

Sehun had gone off the deep end and he knows it, but decided to not do anything about it. It was the only thing that was going for him, why would he mess that up?

 

By the time Sehun was sure the wall was shifting slowly to the right every minute, there was the sound of laughter approaching his back door. Sehun jumped up from his seat, successfully knocking it over. He wasn’t sure if he was hallucinating, but that didn’t stop Sehun from diving to the door and opening it to reveal Kai and the boy Sehun would usually see on his coffee trip, Taemin.

 

“Oh hello Sehun.” Taemin smiled brightly.  

 

Sehun stared at him, not sure if this was real or not. Taemin sounded happy go lucky just like always.

 

The two boys stole a glance at each other, both confused why Sehun was frozen at the doorway staring at them weirdly.

 

“Uh, Sehun. Anyone home?” Taemin said, still smiling.

 

“Yeah Taemin because he definitely isn’t standing inside his house.” Kai said sarcastically.

 

“You know I didn’t literally mean it, .” Taemin playfully shove Kai and laughed.

 

Kai laughed along as well, but stop after there was still yet to be an reaction from Sehun. He frowned, feeling a bit creeped out.

 

Sehun was intimidating, Kai would give him that, but creepy, no. It really wasn’t much of his style.

 

“Taemin, I think the coffee has finally broken him.” Kai said in a serious tone.

 

“I would usually just laugh at that, but I’m kind of believing that too.” Taemin frowned, he too, was feeling uncomfortable. He knows Sehun. Perhaps not as much as Kai, but he knew a few things about him. Like how Sehun has an obsession with coffee, he was a well-known author and he was straight forward and extremely sarcastic. The Sehun in front of him didn’t seem to have any of those characteristics.

 

“Are you two real?” Sehun finally spoke in an airy voice. He was confused. He was just staring at a wall for 3 hours so he was having a hard time adjusting to the conversation that the two were having.

 

“Alrighty then. You really have lost your mind.” Kai slowly nodded his head. “Let’s get you inside, buddy. A glass of water and a nap for you is a priority.” Kai grabbed Sehun’s shoulder with one hand and used his other to push Sehun back into the house.

 

Taemin followed behind and closed the door once they were inside. He looked around to check out the kind of house Sehun lives in since it was his first time actually being there. There was a fair amount of space and it did look comfortable and very clean. He did take notice of the closed laptop and scribbled on pieces of paper all over the kitchen table. Taemin assumed that Sehun must have been writing on a paper before that showed up.  Then that made him wonder why Sehun was acting kind of out of it.

 

Sehun who was refusing to go upstairs finally snapped back into reality. The moment Kai touched him, he knew that he hasn’t entirely lost his mind. He wasn’t hallucinating and Taemin and Kai were there. Together.

 

Sehun was curious. Were they “together” together or just together as friends. He wasn’t sure. He did witness them playfully talking and touching each other and that doesn’t give him much believe it or not.  Him and his friends are like that and so are most friends so it wouldn’t be good to just jump into conclusions.

 

“You need to lay down just for a little while.” Kai was trying to explain to Sehun.

 

“No, I don’t. I’m ok.” Sehun responded.

 

“You didn’t seem ok when you opened the door looking like some madman.” Kai put his hands on his hips.

 

“Look I was staring at a wall for a few hours, so excuse me for thinking that you and Taemin were hallucinations because I was losing my mind.”

 

“You what for how many hours?!” Kai exclaimed in disbelief.

 

“I didn’t take you for the type to stare at walls for extremely long periods of time.” Taemin joined in the conversation with a playful smirk on his face.

 

“I was bored and had nothing to do. It seemed like a good way to waste time.” Sehun smiled back and shrugged his shoulders.

 

Taemin bursted out laughing. “It’s nice to see you again Sehun.”

 

“And the same for you.” Sehun patted Taemin’s arm.

 

“You are honestly the most ridiculous person on this earth.” Kai chuckled. He then headed to the table to sit.

 

Taemin and Sehun as well went to the table. Taemin sat down while Sehun cleaned up the mess on the table and offered drinks.

 

“Water would be nice.” Taemin politely answered.

 

“Well can you get milk, ice, banana, strawberries, blueberries and kiwi, shove all that into a blender, blend it and serve it in that glass cup with the words badass across it, yeah, thanks.” Kai said casually.

 

Sehun stared at Kai for a few seconds before saying, “So two glass of water then?”

 

Taemin began to laugh again.

 

“Oh come on Sehun!” Kai begged.

 

“Hell no. I’m not dealing with that bull. Besides, I’m out of ice.” Sehun turned around to fetch the drinks.

 

“Well if you say so.” Kai rolled his eyes and turned to Taemin. “I can’t believe he’s out of ice.”

 

Taemin just kept laughing. He knew Kai wasn’t too bright and he finds that funny, but this just takes the cake.

 

“Why are you laughing to hard.” Kai poked Taemin’s arm to get his attention, but Taemin was still chuckling and unable to get any proper words out.

 

 

“Because you’re a , that’s why.” Sehun came back with the water, with three cubes of ice in each.

 

“But you said you were out of ice!” said Kai, looking at the glass of water and still not catching on.

 

“Good lord, I pray for your future children, let’s hope they’re not as dumb as you.” Sehun sat down across the two.

 

“For heaven’s sake, he has a refrigerator that makes it’s own ice!” Taemin threw up his hands in defeat. He thought Kai would have caught on by now.

 

Kai just chuckled. “I know. I was playing around. I’m not that stupid.”

 

“Well I’m not sure about that but if you say so.” Sehun said. “So you two, how long has this been going on?” Sehun  raised an eyebrow.

 

Taemin and Kai looked at each other before breaking out in a smile.

 

“We became friends about a week ago.” Taemin answered.

 

Friends? So they weren’t more than that? Interesting. Sehun nodded his head slightly. “So how did you guys hook up?”

 

“You gave him my phone Sehun. How can you not know?” Taemin asked.

 

“I gave him your phone number two weeks ago, and you’ve only been friends for one. So you tell me.” Sehun smiled at Kai.

 

“Uh, I called him after I left your place, but he didn’t answer. I called him a few days later and told him I was interested in his dance studio.” Kai said. “Which wasn’t a lie by the way.”

 

“And I told him to come over and check it out.” Taemin continued. “The moment Kai showed off his dances moves, I knew we would get along pretty well.”

 

“I can see that.” Sehun mumbled. “ Well I’m glad I was able to connect two dance fanatics.”

 

 

Sehun then snapped his fingers as a thought came to his mind. “Hey Taemin, do you by any chance know a Key and Jonghyun?”

 

“Those are my close friends. Do you know them as well?” Taemin asked.

 

“A couple of weeks ago I met them at a bonfire with my other friend Luhan.” Sehun explained.

 

“Oh yeah! I do remember Key mentioning about meeting some new guys. So it was you. Well he said that he had a fun time with you two. Maybe one day we’ll hang out.”

 

“That sounds fun.”

 

After that the three chatted for some time about dancing, Sehun’s writing process, Kai’s embarrassing moments in which Sehun vividly remembers,and Sehun’s coffee addiction. It went on for a couple of hours and Sehun was enjoying himself until Taemin excused himself to the bathroom, leaving Kai and Sehun alone.

 

“So,” Sehun began. “Are you doing alright?”

 

“Of course I am.” Kai eyes flickered a pained look. He forced a smile. “What about you hermit? Doesn’t seem like you aren’t alright.”

 

“Its nothing I can’t fix. I’m just stepping over my boundaries, which isn’t a bad thing. But, you know, pointing out my problems won’t distract me or you from your’s.” Sehun commented in a lower voice. “So I’m going to ask you one more time, are you really doing alright.”

 

“Y-Yes.” Kai shifted his eyes to the table.

 

“Kai.” Sehun warned.

 

“Damnit Sehun! What do you want me to say?!” Kai snapped. “That I’m not doing ok?!”

 

Sehun sighed and leaned back in his seat. “No. I want you to tell me the truth. But you know what, if you want to just continue to keep it all inside until one day you’ll explode, I won’t stop you.”

 

“Sehun you’re not being fair.” Kai whispered.

 

“I’ve been talking to Kyungsoo, so you’re not being fair either.”

 

“Why are you bringing him up.” Kai looked angry. How could Sehun use his biggest weakness against him. He was being an .

 

“I’m not going to tell you want we’ve been talking about or how wrongly you are treating Kyungsoo, but I will tell you something I keep telling him, you guys need to ing talk.”

 

“But-”

 

“But nothing. You two are ing tiptoeing around each other and I’m sick of it. I just don’t understand why everyone in our group of friends have such a hard time being honest with each other.” Sehun shook his head. He loved his friends, but gosh they can be so clueless.

 

“Why do you have to act like that?” Kai stood up in a huff.

 

“Act like what?”

 

“Like you’re so high and mighty. Like you’re so much better than all of us just because you seem to have your life together. Like you don’t have problems of your own. Well let me tell you this Sehun which might come shocking to you, you’re not. You’re not better than me, Kyungsoo or anyone else that comes to you as a friend for help. If anything, you’re the worst. You don’t help, you just make us feel like .”

 

Kai and Sehun stared at each other until Taemin returned.

 

 

“Let’s go Taemin.” Kai didn’t bother to look at his friend and walked out the door with a sour expression.

 

Taemin was confused by the tense atmosphere. He never saw Kai look so mad, but decided not to say anything about it. He quietly said goodbye to Sehun and ran after Kai.

 

And Sehun was left sitting in his chair, with a bitter emotion beginning to boil in the pit of his stomach.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hurt. Hurt was a word to better explain how Sehun was feeling. It’s been sometime since he last felt this way and it’s something that doesn’t happen too often.

 

Kai had genuinely made Sehun feel low. Although Sehun wasn’t mad at Kai. He could never be honestly mad at any of his friends. Even Chen who had broken his coffee maker.

 

He knows they all mean well, especially Kai. Maybe Sehun did push Kai too hard, maybe he was acting like a jerk and maybe he was being a bit conceited.

 

Sehun knew that he was the one in the wrong. Kai was hurting too, he was trying  his best to move on, to heal his heart and Sehun just had to go and open his wounds again. He didn’t have the right to do that.

 

Sehun decided to give Kai a call tomorrow while he was inviting people to the party. In the time being, Sehun made himself a new pot of coffee and decided to sulk in silence for the rest of the night. He didn’t wish more company, he just wanted to be alone.

 

But of course he couldn’t even have that.

 

“I’m going to kill you!” A hooded man, Sehun has never seen or heard his voice before, shouted at the tops of his lungs as he swung the door open roughly.

 

He looked angry, furious, and had crazy eyes.

 

And we all know that crazy eyes aren’t good.

 

Sehun jumped from his seat, but froze in place when the stranger pulled out blue gun.

 

Holy crap. Sehun was in trouble. He knew it. He just knew. His demise would be by a robber because he never locks his goddamn door. God, he can only imagine how many times his friends told him that it would come back and bite him in the .

 

“Are you Sehun.” The stranger stared at Sehun.

 

Should he lie? It would probably be his best bet.

 

“Uh, no.” Sehun shook his head.

 

“Liar.” The stranger spat out.

 

“How would you know?” Sehun asked. He doesn’t remember ever seeing the stranger before. Not that he could with the stranger’s face being completely covered up.

 

“I saw you talking to Taemin in front of his studio.”

 

So he knows Taemin.

 

“That still doesn’t explain why you think I’m Sehun. I’m pretty sure Taemin talks to a lot of people.” Sehun said.

 

“I recognize your face from the books you write.”

 

Oh. Well there goes his cover.

 

“Look, I’m sure we can work this out.” Sehun tried to reason with the crazy guy.

 

“No, we can’t! How can you do that! How can you hook Taemin with that low-life, bad boy wannabe with my Taemin?!” The stranger finally pulled his hood down to reveal an attractive face with long brown curly hair. He lifted the gun and pointed it to Sehun

 

He pulled the trigger and Sehun flinched. He was hoping for the pain to not hurt too bad, but was pleasantly surprised that something wet hit his face.

 

It was juice. Apple juice. And now that Sehun got a better look at the gun, it was a water gun! No gun comes in the color blue!

 

“Is this some type of joke?” Sehun frowned as he wiped the juice of his face with his sleeves.

 

“How is my heart a joke you !” The man then begin to cry and dramatically sat down on the chair. “Taemin is my everything. I was going to tell him how I feel, how much I care for him because I was so positive he felt the same way, but then you just had to ruin us by hooking him up with Kai. Now Taemin is stuck to that guy’s hip like glue and hasn’t even returned my phone calls. He’s too busy with Kai. Like, guess what Kai and I did today or Kai showed me this epic dance move the other day or Kai is so funny. Kai, Kai, Kai, Kai, It’s always about Kai.” The man complained. “It use to always be about us.”

 

“As sad and sorry I am about that, may I ask who the hell are you?” Sehun slowly approached the man.

 

The man looked up and sighed. “I’m Minho. I’m Taemin’s best friend. Or well, I used to be his best friend before a week ago.”

 

“It’s not actually nice to meet you in this kind of circumstance, but hello anyway. I am Sehun and I didn’t realize that giving Taemin’s number to Kai would cause such a problem for you.”

 

“Well, it did.” Minho sniffed.

 

Then there was an awkward silence. Sehun didn’t know what to say and neither did Minho. So Sehun just walked over the machine to refill his cup.

 

“Do you want any coffee or anything?” Sehun offered.

 

“Coffee would be nice.” Minho gave a little smile.

 

“Here ya go.” Sehun gave the mug filled of coffee to Minho and sat down. “So you and Taemin had a thing?”

 

“Yes? No? Well, I don’t really know. All I do know is that I like him a lot and he might have felt an equal attraction. I would like to think we had thing.”

 

“Sorry.” Sehun said.

 

Minho took a long drawl from his coffee and cleared his throat. “ No, I’m sorry. You don’t have anything to be sorry for. I was being a little overdramatic.”

 

“A little? You pulled a gun on me.” Sehun said in a joking manner.

 

“Hey, at least it wasn’t real.” Minho chuckled. “Besides I was jealous and mad.”

 

“Mad at the wrong person apparently.”

 

“You can say so. I’m not even that mad at Kai. I’m just mad at myself for not getting my feelings across with Taemin before he ran off to be with someone else who isn’t confused about his feelings for Taemin.”

 

If only Sehun could tell Minho how wrong he was about Kai. Kai might have liked Taemin, but he didn’t see it as the kind of like you would have for a crush but more as a friend. Besides Kai was still stuck on Kyungsoo.

 

“But you calmed down a lot in a short amount of time. Actually You just went through like 3 stages of emotion. Anger, sadness, and then acceptance.” Sehun listed.

 

Minho just shrugged, cocked his head and smile.

 

That was creepy.

 

“I think I like you Sehun. You don’t seem like the type to let anything get to you.” Minho said.

 

“Well I did graduate as a valedictorian from the school of giving no s.” Sehun joked. “But in all seriousness I just tend to go with the flow.”

 

“Hey, I hope you don’t mind, but can I use your phone. I have to call a friend to come pick me up. I took a bus here, but lost my bus card.” Minho asked after checking his jean and jacket pocket.

 

“Sure, no problem.” Sehun handed Minho his cell phone and watched as Minho dialed a phone number.

 

“Hello,” Minho said into the phone. “ It’s me, Minho. I’m calling from a friend’s phone.” He paused. “Yes I have friends other than you guys.” Pause. “Oh you………. Fine, I’m sorry. Can you come pick me up? Where? Hold on.” Minho put down the phone. “Sehun, what’s your address?”

 

Sehun told him and Minho repeated it back to his friend.

 

“Yes it’s pretty close to Taemin’s dancing studio.” Pause. “What do you mean I’m up to something? I can honestly say that I haven’t done anything……………..Fine I’ll tell you, just stop talking about it!” Minho face turned red. Sehun’s guessing that his friend probably has something embarrassing over him. “I might, or might not have gone after the guy who connected Kai and Taemin.” A long pause. “Look he’s alright. We sat down, had coffee and talked….. I’m not lying. Well I’m at his house that’s why I’m not lying!” Pause. “I so didn’t bury his body in the backyard.” Pause.” I might have said that last time, but I was just joking!”

 

Sehun eyebrows rose at that one.

 

“He’s alive. Look I’ll give the phone to him and you can talk to him……..I wouldn’t impersonate his voice.” Pause. “I at impersonations first of all.” Pause. “Fine! I’ll see you in 10 minutes.”

 

Minho ended the phone call and rolled his eyes.

 

“That was interesting.” Sehun commented.

 

“God, I swear he is such a nag.” Minho whined. Sehun assumed he was talking about his friend on the phone.

 

“So you were really thinking of harming me? Should I call the cops or something?”

 

“No!” Minho shouted. “I-I mean no cops. Earlier I was just saying those things because I was angry, remember?”

 

“I was just kidding. No need to get all psycho on me.” said Sehun.

 

“I’m not crazy.” Minho glared at Sehun.

 

If not crazy then definitely bipolar, Sehun thought.

 

“Let’s not get awkward again. What about we talk ourselves for the next 10 minutes?” Sehun suggested.

 

“Why?” Minho eyes Sehun suspiciously.

 

“Just to waste time.” said Sehun. “Sounds good?”

 

Minho thought about for a few seconds then agreed.

 

   Minho learned that Sehun always loved to read and write, ever since he was able to, which was about 3. He decided to become a writer at the age of 15 because he enjoyed telling stories and sharing a bit of himself with others although he’s not good at it verbally. He dropped out of college after his first 3 books became widely popular. He had only been in 2 romantic relationships his whole life, he has 5 other siblings and 2 parents, but only stays in contact with one of his older sisters because of family problems. He loves and worships coffee and would kill for it. He also has someone he loves and has yet to confess. He almost burned his house down because he accidentally set his living room’s curtains on fire when he was trying to light some candles. He turns into a complete zombie around deadline time. He once ate a cricket as a dare, acted like it didn’t bother him at all, but later he threw up in his neighbor’s bushes. His first friend was Xiumin and they met in elementary school. He met Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were still best friends, in middle school. He met Chen and Kai, the trouble making  duo in high school. He met Tao in his first year of college. He met Kris, Suho and Kyungsoo in his second year. Luhan and him first became friends as he was the one to organize Sehun’s first book signing and they became fast friends. Which turning out that Luhan knew Kris from high school and Xiumin from summer camp. The last one was when he became friends with Yixing who was a friend of Suho.

 

Sehun learned that Minho was soccer player who hopes to become a soccer coach after he retirees. He always wanted to play soccer ever since he went to his first soccer game at 5.  His nickname varies from froggy to curly top. He has four close friends. One that designs clothes for a living and nags too much, another is a songwriter and also works part time at a pet store, another is a chef and, one loves to dance, which was obviously Taemin. He used to a model at 14 but stopped when he was 15 so he could have more time to practice his soccer skills. He can sleep for an extensive amount of time. He once slept for 2 days straight. He loves to eat meat, well more than the average person. He’s very competitive. He has gotten into over 10 fights and won every last one of them. Becomes nauseous at the smell of cinnamon. Has two brothers and 1 sisters and a dad. His mom disappeared the night after his kindergarten graduation and hasn’t seen her since. Has been in many relationships, but none of them lasted too long, but has high hopes for Taemin. Secretly admires Kai for his dancing, but nothing else. His favorite color is green. Also he might be a bit bipolar.

 

Bam! Bam!

 

“Minho!” Someone was knocking on the door and shouting.

 

“Honey stop hitting the door like that. You could break it.” Another voice was heard.

 

“It’s my friends.” Minho shook his head in amusement.

 

Sehun opened the door to see Key and Jonghyun bickering. They both stopped when they saw a nonchalant Sehun before him.

 

“Hey.” Sehun said.

 

“You live here!” Key exclaimed.

 

“Yup. Come in.” Sehun let the two in.

 

“So you’re the one that brought Kai to our Taemin. I should’ve known. I do recall you mentioning setting Taemin up with someone. Must’ve slipped my mind.” Jonghyun said.

 

“Minho what were you thinking causing Sehun so much trouble.” Key scolded Minho and grabbed his arm.

 

“Well I wasn’t aware you guys knew each other.” Minho stuck his tongue out at Key.

 

“You seriously have jealousy issues. I suggest you get that checked out.” Jonghyun advised Minho.

 

“I second that motion.” said Sehun.

 

“ off you two.” Minho crossed his arms.

 

Key just sighed and turned to Sehun. “Thanks for not calling the cops, we’ll be taking him now.”

 

“No problem. Even though he pulled a gun on me, all is well.”

 

“He did what?!” Key looked at Minho in shock.

 

“It was a water gun!” Minho defended himself. He couldn’t believe Sehun ratted him out like that.

 

“You know what? You’re in so much trouble. Let’s go.” Key began to push Minho out the door. “Bye Sehun.”

 

Jonghyun also left laughing his off because of how Minho looked like a kid in trouble with his mom.

 

Sehun waved goodbye and closed the door, making sure to lock it for the first time in some time.

 

He’s had enough company for today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note

I'm back everybody! It's been a really really long time. I missed this story, like, a lot. For now on this story is back on track for weekly updates (Unless something with my laptop or internet s me over. Let's cross our fingers guys!)

 

Anyway I've missed you all and I hope you enjoy the updates~