Ch 5

How Can I Help You?

“Oh god, I’ve gained like 10 pounds since last week.” Yixing pulled up his shirt to expose his bare chest. “My stomach is becoming flabby again!” Which it wasn’t.

 

“Oh come on Lay, its not that bad.” Sehun said.

 

“YES IT IS! WHO THE HELL GAINS 10 POUNDS IN 7 DAYS?!!!!!!!” Yixing exclaimed loudly.

 

“Good god man, relax. Its not the end of the world.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“But I’m a model. Of course it matters. I live off my body and if my body is not up to par, then I can’t make money. If I can’t make money,  I’ll be fat AND broke.”

 

Yixing was (yes you guessed it!) another close friend of Sehun. He was a few years older than the writer and was known to work full time as a model. He was known to endorse clotheslines,  restaurants and food products. Like most models, he had to keep his body in shape, and went through strict diets to do just that. However recently Yixing has been straying away from his initial diet and because of that, his body is taking consequences of that. Although its not really noticeable at all.

 

“I’m sure you can lose at least 20 pounds by going to the gym like you always do.” Sehun said, thinking that Yixing most likely went to the work out gym at least twice a day.

 

“Thats not the problem though! The problem is that I’m mostly likely going to gain that weight back in no time. I can’t just be changing my weight like that. It’s unhealthy.”

 

“I swear, you health freaks really know how to be annoying.” Sehun scoffed.

 

“I bet you won’t be saying that in 20 years when I’m perfectly fit and healthy while you're in the hospital with cardiovascular disease for all that coffee you be drinking.”

 

“I bet you don’t even know what the word cardiovascular mean.” Sehun pointed out.

 

“Its another word for heart disease.” Yixing stuck out his tongue. “Now on those apples.”

 

“Whatever Lay. If you’re problems with your weight, then fix it. I doubt its that hard to get back on track.”

 

“I know. That’s what I thought at first but, Ugh! Its much harder than I thought.”

 

“How so?”

 

“You know how I always stop by Suho’s bakery on my way to and from work?” Yixing asked

 

“Of course.” Sehun nodded.

 

Suho was one of the eleven friends Sehun had. He also so happened to be the best friend of Yixing. He was the owner of a little famous bakery down the road from Sehun’s house actually.

 

“Well you know how usually Suho would make sweets especially for me, that were fat free?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Well he isn’t doing that anymore.” Yixing sighed.

 

“Wait, what? Why?”

 

“He told me that a worker accidentally mixed up the ingredient orders and he wasn’t able to receive the right ingredients to make my sweets.”

 

“Is that why you’re gaining weight?”

 

“Yes and no.”

 

“That doesn’t make sense. I asked you a yes OR no question. Not all the above.” Sehun said quite sarcastically.

 

“Ok see what happen is that one morning I stopped by as usual and checked up on Suho. He was kind of stressing out because he was being pressured to create new sweets for the shop. So he was making some samples and one of them so happened to be a creme filled chocolate donut. He asked me to sample it and I did. That was the downfall of it all.” Yixing explained

 

“Was it that good?”

 

“Sehun,” Yixing suddenly grabbed Sehun’s hand. “It was like I was in chocolate heaven.”

 

“Damn.”

 

“Yes thats what I said when I took a bite. After that I was hooked. I pretty much devoured the rest of the samples to my embarrassment.” He scratched the back of his head, looking a bit flustered.

 

“Then the next day, he had made something new. It was this candy that was hard on the outside but once you bit into it, you tasted this sweet liquid. I gave him some of my advice about it and some ways he could perfect it. The day after that, Suho said the candy was a success thanks to my input. Ever since then, I’ve been sampling and giving my two cents for all his new dishes.”

Yixing sighed. “And I have tried stopping but the way Suho looks at me with pleading eyes when he wants my criticism is hard to ignore. And the way he looks so happy when I compliment him is  something I look forward to every time I go there.”

 

“So in other words, you don’t know how to reject Suho?”

 

“I guess you can say that. Its also because of how delicious the sweets are too.” Yixing added.

 

“Well you’re screwed.”

 

“I’m fully aware of that. So do you have any advice?”

 

“Stop going to Suho’s bakery every day then.” Sehun said while tapping the table.

 

“But-”

 

“Didn’t you say that your career is over if you don’t stop gaining weight?” Sehun interrupted.

 

Yixing pouted. “Yes.”

 

“Then its the only way. Try to minimize your visits to the bakery to only a couple of days a week.”

 

“I guess you're right. I’ll try to stay away buts its not going to be easy since I drive by it everyday and I know he’s waiting for me.” Yixing said sadly. “But what am I going to say to Suho if he asks why I haven’t been around often?”

 

Sehun shrugged. “Just say that your schedule has been packed, or something along those lines.”

 

“Gotcha.”

 

Silence. Silence was what filled the room. Other than talking about problems, Yixing and Sehun never really had much to say to each other. Its not that they are awkward or anything (pfft, they so are), its just that the two had entirely different interests. Not to mention that Sehun doesn’t talk much either.

 

“S-So...how’s your new novel doing?” Yixing spoke up

 

“Its doing fine. Just fine.” Sehun said nonchalantly

 

“Have you finished it yet?”

 

“No, I have two more chapters to write.”

 

“Oh, that’s good.”

 

“..........................”

 

“...........................”

 

“I think you should leave Yixing.”

 

“Yeah I think so too. Bye Sehun.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I've got issues.” Suho first said as he sat down at the table.

 

“Who doesn’t?” Sehun said while biting into a chocolate chip cookie, that Suho made and gave to him.

 

“I’m talking about some SERIOUS ISSUES.”

 

“And like I said, who doesn’t?”

 

“You don’t.” Suho said while looking at him. From what he knew, Sehun was a pretty laid back person, who seemed problem free most of the time.

 

“Haha! That’s hilarious Suho, because as far as I know, I have more issues than all my friends combined.” Sehun said with his mouth full of cookies.

 

“And that would be?”

 

“Nothing that should concern you.” Sehun uttered.

 

“If you say so.” Suho pause as he say Sehun stuff two oatmeal cookies in his mouth. “You really are stuffing yourself.” He commented.

 

Sehun chewed and chewed for a few moments before swallowing.

 

“Why wouldn’t I? The sweets you make are hard for me not to stuff into my mouth.” He picked up another cookie while saying so.

 

“Why thank you Sehun but please be careful, I don’t want you choking on anything made by me.”

 

Sehun nodded but continued to eat in a fast pace. He couldn’t help it either. Suho really knew how to make some really good cookies or anything sweet actually. Which is no wonder why Suho’s bakery is one of the most popular bakeries  in town. Even people from towns over would come the long way just to try his delicious pastries.

 

“So what serious issue do you have Suho?” Sehun reached to pick up his coffee in which he bought from starbucks.

 

“Work. Its getting really stressful.” Suho frowned. “I mean when I first opened the shop 2 years ago, I liked being busy all the time and didn’t mind all the work. However recently I’m just tired of it all. I’m tired of getting up at 5am everyday. I’m tired of taking orders, I’m tired of doing all the paperwork, I’m tired of all the interviews I get from food magazines, and I’m tired of standing all day, which makes my legs and feet ache.”

 

“And the worst off all, I’m tired of baking.” Suho said softly.

 

Sehun stopped in the middle of grabbing the last cookie on the plate.

 

“You’re tired of baking?”

 

“Yes and thats not good at all. I love baking, I really do. If I didn’t love baking I wouldn’t have chosen to become a pastry chef for a living. But I’m getting of tired of it and I’m really scared I’m going to start hating it.”

 

“Suho this really is serious.”

 

“Didn’t I already tell you that?”

 

“If you stop being a pastry chef, you’ll stop making these delectable cookies!” Sehun said awfully loudly.

 

Suho lips turned into a straight line.

 

“I know. That’s why I’m in trouble. Not to mention that I’ve been trying to create new sweets to put on the menu. I didn't even want to do it, but so many customers and my employees have been demanding it. I’m also being pressured by that.”

 

“Sounds like you need a vacation.”

 

“A vacation?” The word sounded so foreign to Suho. The last time he even had a “so called” vacation was before he opened his own shop and was working for another bakery in France.

 

“Yes a vacation Suho. I think you should get away for a little while and relax for once in your life. Go to the countryside or go to an island like Jeju. Just free yourself from all your responsibilities and go wild.”

 

“But who’s going to look after the shop? What if something goes wrong when I’m gone? How can the shop  possibly function perfectly without me?

 

“I’m sure that’s why you have a manager for a reason. I doubt anything too crazy can happen while you’re gone. And the shop can function without you, believe it or not.” Sehun reassured Suho.

 

Suho thought about it. He REALLY did need a rest. If he continued down this road, he’ll probably have a mental breakdown in no time. That wouldn’t be pretty. Besides if he just went away for a little he might be able to rekindle the passion he had for baking a while ago.

 

“Ok, I’ll do it. I think a vacation will do me some good.” Suho finally decided.

 

“Great.” Sehun smiled. “Now all we need to do is figure out when and where you are going to vacation.

 

“Let’s do that another time Sehun. I need to get home and take a warm bath.” Suho massged his shoulders.

 

“Sure, but make sure to come visit soon.” Sehun took a bite out of the last cookie. “And don’t forget to bring more pastries.”

 

 

 


Author's note

*Did not proof read yet*

This chapter is pretty short :/

Well anyway I present you with Suho and Lay!  I think I did good, well I hope so.......

Anyway the next chapter is what we've all been wating for! Yes, you guessed right, HUNHAN! I'm looking to this chapter, what about you? Lol

Don't forget to comment or subscribe :P

Good night everyone~