Ch 10

How Can I Help You?

“Why good morning Sehun. How are you doing this wonderful morning.” Xiumin smiled at Sehun while he took a sit right next to him. He put his arm around Sehun’s shoulder and sat a cup of newly bought coffee in front of him.

 

“Well someone seems to be very happy this morning.” Sehun eyed the coffee, wondering if he should drink it or not.

 

“Yes I’m VERY happy this morning. Life has been so nice to me lately that’s why.” Xiumin said and leaned closer to Sehun.

 

Sehun leaned away as Xiumin began to intrude his personal space.

 

“Does it have to do with a certain co-worker of yours.” Sehun asked.

 

“Oh how did you know?” Xiumin smiled wider.

 

“Maybe because you aren’t in a y mood and you aren’t  talking about poisoning his drink if he says one more word to you.” Sehun paused. “Wait, you didn’t poison this drink did you.” Sehun pointed at the coffee.

 

Xiumin laughed loudly. “Oh Sehun, your such a jokester. I would never do that to you, buddy.” He gripped on Sehun’s shoulder tighter.

 

“Okay you’re scaring me. Who are you and where is the psychopathic Xiumin I know.” Sehun said while shrugging off Xiumin’s arm from his shoulder.

 

“He’s currently on a vacation now.” Xiumin decided to stop being too chummy with Sehun and gave the other some space.

 

“For how long?”

 

“Probably forever if Chen continues to be locked up in his office.” Xiumin replied hopefully.

 

“Are you serious? For how long?” Sehun asked. He didn’t expect to Chen to easily avoid Xiumin. Maybe he was really that scared of losing his job.

 

“Since last week. The first day it happened I thought maybe he didn’t come to work because his door was closed shut. However at the end of the day, Chen came out and went straight to his car and drove off. I was shocked. He didn’t even steal a glance at me. The next day he went straight to his office and didn’t come out for anything. Not even for a lunch or bathroom break.”

 

“Wow.” Sehun breathed in. Chen sure did have dedication if not anything else.

 

“I know. So this week has been like heaven for me. Not once have I heard a dumb squirrel joke. I finally feel relieved, stress free and not full of anger.” Xiumin grinned.

 

“Well thats good for you.” Sehun said, actually meaning it. Xiumin really deserved a rest from the cruelty of Chen

 

However at the same time Sehun also felt a bit worried for his friend Chen. Staying in that office all day, filled up to the neck with work. He probably also spent his time working at home as well. Although it was his fault for letting all his work pile up so high but still, he couldn’t help himself if he was hopelessly in love Xiumin.

 

“So you haven’t talked to Chen at all?” Sehun questioned Xiumin.

 

“Nope.” Xiumin pushed back a strand of his hair.

 

“And you don’t miss him at all?” Sehun asked slowly.

 

Xiumin’s eyebrows furrowed. He turned to Sehun with a confused expression. “Why would I? You know how much of a nuisance to me. Why would I miss the person who continues to make fun of my complex? That makes no sense.”

 

“I know.” Sehun looked away from Xiumin. “But you have to admit, he did make your life a bit more lively. Especially you.”

 

“What?” Xiumin scoffed.

 

“Come on Xiumin. You work at a real estate agency. Life can’t get any more boring than that.” Sehun pointed out.

 

“Hey! For your information, I actually like my job.” Xiumin crossed his arms and glared at Sehun.

 

“That wasn’t what you said 2 years ago. Which, by the way, when Chen wasn’t working there yet.”

 

“That was when I first started the job. I was fresh out of college with a major in economics so excuse me if I was bitter to have a job that had nothing to do with it.”

 

“Bull. For your information Xiumin,  having a major in economics is good for real estate.”

 

Xiumin only shook his head and rolled his eyes.

 

“What I’m trying to say is that you were a pitiful guy years ago. You were depressed and felt like you were wasting your life away. You didn’t even care about your complex so much at the time. However after Chen came into your life, lets say that you became much more67  lively. You actually raised your voice, showed some type of emotions and looked forward to what things Chen would say to you so you could curse him out.” Sehun now chose to look at Xiumin. “So are you going to miss that or not?”

 

“No.” Xiumin said flatly. “I won’t miss that. I’m happy so stop trying to take that away from me.”

 

“Fine but don’t come complaining to me in another week on how you’re feeling sad for some “odd reason” because we both know its because of the absence of Chen. Alright?” Sehun sighed.

 

“Tch. Like hell I am. Thats the day pigs will fly.” Xiumin responded.

 

“Should I tie 200 balloons to a pig next week then?” Sehun smirked.

 

“I swear, there’s no-” Xiumin began.

 

“Winning with you.” Sehun finished. “I know. I don’t get why anyone hasn't noticed.”

 

“Maybe we’re too distracted plotting your death.” Xiumin suggested. “because I know I am.”

 

“I’m taking that as a confession Xiumin.”

 

“Yes you should.” Xiumin smiled at Sehun with a gleam in his eyes.

 

“I’m telling Luhan on you.” Sehun smiled back.

 

Xiumin’s smile faded quickly. “You wouldn’t.”

 

“Oh you know I would.” Sehun chuckled.

 

“Damn it. You tattletale.” Xiumin got up from his sit and sat across from Sehun.

 

At that moment Kyungsoo entered the Kitchen looking a bit jumpy.

 

“Sehun!” Kyungsoo called out.

 

“Yeah thats my name. Please don’t wear it out.” Sehun said.

 

“Oh god its good that you’re here.” He breathed out in relief.

 

“Well when isn’t he?” Xiumin asked.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Xiumin and tilted his head.

 

“What?” Xiumin asked.

 

“I didn’t see you there.” Kyungsoo answered sounding and looking a little nervous.

 

“I found that hard to believe with those eyes of yours.” Sehun joked as he finally picked up the coffee on the table.

 

“What's wrong with my eyes?” Kyungsoo stomped his foot on the floor.

 

“It looks like a deer caught in headlights, thats what.” Xiumin said casually.

 

Sehun laughed and gave Xiumin a high five.

 

“ you! I didn’t ask to be born with these eyes. Just like you didn’t ask to be born with those chipmunks cheeks.” Kyungsoo pointed at Xiumin.

 

Xiumin twitched. It was the first time that week someone called him out for them. Now Kyungsoo had to go and ruin his mood.

 

Xiumin grumbled some swear words but didn’t say anything.

 

“So what did you want Kyungsoo?” Sehun asked before he sipped out of his coffee cup.

 

“Um.” Kyungsoo looked at Xiumin. “I’m not sure if I’m comfortable with Xiumin being here.

 

Xiumin raised a brow.  “Ok now I’m curious.”

 

“Nooooo! You have to go. It’s personal.” Kyungsoo complained

 

“Don’t tell me its about Kai confessing to you.” Sehun asked.

 

Kyungsoo blushed and face palmed himself. Great now Xiumin knows.

 

“Holy ! Kai finally confessed to him?! Since when?” Xiumin exclaimed.

 

“About 2 weeks ago I believe.” Sehun answered casually.

 

Xiumin pulled Kyungsoo onto the seat next to him.

 

“So are you guys going out or not?”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “I-I rejected him.” He said softly.

 

Xiumin sighed. “Poor Kai. He liked you for 3 years  but got rejected just like that.”

 

“Wait you knew too?!” Kyungsoo snapped out of his embarrassed state and stared wide eyed at Xiumin.

 

“Of course I knew. EVERYONE KNEW.” Xiumin said.

 

“Yeah I told you that Kyungsoo. Only you didn’t know.” Sehun sat down the now empty coffee cup.

 

“Even Kris, Chen and Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

From what Kyungsoo knew, these guys were the least likely to know. It’s all because they weren’t good with secrets and always used them against you. Especially if you have a crush on someone, they’ll make you seem like an idiot in front of them.

 

Sehun burst out laughing. “They were the first ones to know. They were actually rooting for Kai all these years.”

 

“Yeah they were all so supporting. Always giving Kai pep talks and comforting him if you got a new girlfriend.” Xiumin added. “I still find it funny how you didn’t know.”

 

“But no one told me!” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“No one told me either but I caught on. So did Xiumin, Baekhyun, Suho, Lay, Tao and Luhan.” Sehun said. “I mean it was so painfully obvious.”

 

“Of course someone as slow as you wouldn’t know.” Xiumin patted Kyungsoo’s back.

 

Kyungsoo glared at Xiumin until the boy removed his hand.

 

“So are you still hung up on the confession?” Sehun asked.

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“I can’t seem to forget how Kai just said he loved me and how he kissed me. I can’t stop dreaming about it and thinking how could I not have known.”  Kyungsoo said as his cheeks began to glow a light pink.

 

“Are you regretting rejecting Kai?” Sehun proposed.

 

“N-No! I’m not, its just.....” Kyungsoo drifted off.

 

“Just what?” Xiumin repeated.

 

“Its just that Kai’s been my best friend for all these years and now we can’t be anymore. I’m sad and kind of lonely. Usually I spent most of my time with him. Now he’s too sad to even look me in the eye. I remember how we would have sleepovers and fool around all night. And how he would hug me or playfully flirt casually because we were close like that. Or when he would show me his new dance moves and they would be so memorizing. Not to mention that he cook way better than my mom. But we can’t go back to that. I hate that and I miss him. ” Kyungsoo whined.

 

“Maybe you should’ve said yes.” Sehun while stretching his arms. “Because it seems to me that you like him as well. Although the feeling might not be as strong as Kai’s.”

 

“Didn’t I say I wasn’t gay?!” Kyungsoo shouted.

 

“Doesn’t matter. If you like someone, you just like them. You know more than anybody else how I don’t give a about genders.” Sehun said while getting up from his seat and walked towards the cup holder.

 

“Yeah, I think Sehun’s right. Maybe you can give him a chance.” Xiumin agreed.

 

“No I can’t. I just......can’t.” Kyungsoo said sadly.

 

Sehun glanced at Kyungsoo.

 

“Hey how’s your stepfather doing? heard that he twisted his ankle a month ago.” Sehun asked as he pulled down a bag of chips.

 

Kyungsoo froze.

 

“H-He’s d-doing alright.” Kyungsoo stammered.

 

“Thats good.”

 

Xiumin gave Sehun a questioning look. He didn’t understand what was happening and how come Kyungsoo was pretty much shaking at the mention of his stepfather. However his look was not answered as Sehun turned his back to him to pull some drinks out from the fridge.

 

“So you wouldn’t mind if I hook Kai up with a friend of mines do you?” Sehun asked as he came back with the snacks.

 

Kyungsoo glared at Sehun but shook his head.

 

“No. I don't care. Do whatever you want.” Kyungsoo stormed out of the room without another word.

 

Xiumin watched the door slam shut before he turned around and looked at Sehun.

 

“What the hell was that?”

 

Sehun stared at the chips in front of him and simply said, “Kyungsoo’s stepfather is a homophobe.”


Xiumin didn’t say another word, already understanding the situation a little more. He grabbed a bunch of chips and stuffed them in his mouth.

 

 

Author's note

Really did not to intend to end the chapter like this but whateve. 

Hello all old and new readers~ 

Heres a new chapter! 

Piece!

Ps: The next two chapters are dedicated to hunhan everybody!