Ch 18

How Can I Help You?

“Sehun you are such a little liar.” Luhan shook his head as he emerged from behind the kitchen’s entrance, with his arms crossed in his arms and eyes glaring at Sehun. He caught Sehun. He caught him good.


 

Sehun tried to put on an innocent act but failed considering the fact that he was still dazed about his table being flipped over and all.


 

Luhan sighed and walked over to Sehun.


 

“How long have you’ve been standing there?” Sehun looked down, avoiding the evil eye the older was giving him.


 

“Around the time you were making fun of Kyungsoo for saying the word think , which is a very mean thing for you to do. Shame on you Sehun.” Luhan scolded him. “Also I’m very angry with you. I told you to not talk yet you just can’t seem to keep your mouth shut.”


 

“But-”


 

“No, I don’t want to hear your excuses. If you want to keep talking, I can’t hold you back, but don’t come to me later whining about how much your throat hurts.” Luhan then began to smile, mischievously. “Well I guess you got what you deserved already.”


 

Sehun slowly raised his head and peered at Luhan. “And what’s that?”


 

Luhan nodded his head towards the flipped over table and the books and broken glasses of cups scattered on the floor.


 

Sehun rolled his eyes and shrugged. “Perhaps I did.” He mumbled.


 

“Well I guess there is no time to waste then. Clean up this mess while I go set up for movie night. It’s 6 and I expect you to be done in a half an hour.” Luhan ordered.


 

“You’re not going to help me?” Sehun stood up in disbelief. He would’ve thought that at least Luhan would show pity for him.


 

“Nope.” And with that Luhan skipped out of the kitchen, laughing at Sehun’s assumption.


 

Luhan admits, he’s a nice guy, but he isn’t that nice.


 

Sehun groaned and cursed Kyungsoo to the deepest depth of hell. He promised himself that he was definitely going to get back at him when he gets the chance.


 

Sehun went to work, grabbing the broom and dustpan out of the supply closet and had the table put upright. He was happy that there was not much damage done to his hard wooded table, only a few small scratches. He was sure that the table would’ve been cracked in two with the amount of force Kyungsoo used.


 

He then sweeped up the broken glass and picked up the books on the floor, promising revenge for being handled carelessly. No one messes with his books. No one.


 

As he returned the cleaning supplies and finished wiping down the table with a washcloth, Sehun felt an emotion of dread come over him.

Sehun was startled to say the least. It was so sudden too. He didn’t understand why the atmosphere took a 180. I mean he was upset about the Kyungsoo incident but it wasn’t that big of deal.


 

It wasn’t until he found Chanyeol with slumped shoulders and a downcast look standing at the back doorway.

 

Sehun eyes slightly widened. He had heard from the others that Chanyeol was feeling a bit down but this, this was more than just feeling a “bit down”. Who could have possibly make Chanyeol, one of the happiest human being alive, look so dead inside.


 

“What’s wrong?” Sehun calmly said as he slowly stood up and approached Chanyeol.

When Sehun came to Chanyeol, he sighed. Chanyeol expression was grim with red eyes and dry tear streaks running down his cheeks. His lips were chapped and his skin was sickly pale.

 

Whatever was wrong with Chanyeol, he was obviously not taking care of himself. Which is abnormal, because Baekhyun takes care of Chanyeol like he was his own child.

 

Sehun repeated Chanyeol’s name, this time even louder. However Chanyeol didn’t respond, just stared at the floor.

 

Sehun grabbed both of Chanyeol’s arms and when he still didn’t acknowledge him, Sehun shook him lightly. “You have to talk to me Chanyeol. I can’t help you if you don’t talk.” Sehun pleaded.

 

Yes pleaded. Sehun doesn’t often beg, but at times like this, it was essential.

 

New tears began to stream down the poor giant’s face. “I-I….I don’t k-know how I’m going to live without him.”  Chanyeol choked out before his legs gave away. At that time, he began to sob loudly, breathe erratically and hold on to Sehun as if he was going to lose himself completely if he didn’t have Sehun close to him.

 

Sehun’s heart felt heavy at the scene before him. From that one sentence, he knew what exactly Chanyeol was grieving about.

 

“Baekhyun? You’re crying over Baekhyun? Did something happen between you two? Did you get into a fight?”

 

Chanyeol weakly shook his head at the last question before burying his head back into Sehun’s chest and sobbing once more.

 

What could be wrong with him? Something obviously happened between Chanyeol and Baekhyun but what exactly?

 

Sehun tried to think back to the last time he talked to Chanyeol. He remembered discussing about Chanyeol’s laziness and the consequences………..Right! Sehun  also recalled talking, or more like taunting, about what if Baekhyun left Chanyeol and how could Chanyeol  live without his Baekhyun taking care of him.

 

Wait. Was that the only reason why Chanyeol was wailing like a 3 year old? Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“Chanyeol, are you crying because you’re scared that Baekhyun will leave you?” Sehun slowly separated Chanyeol from him.

 

“Yes.” Chanyeol wiped his eyes and sniffed.

 

“What the heck. Chanyeol! He would never!” Sehun slapped Chanyeol’s shoulders. “He loves you so much, it’s just impossible for him to do something like that you idiot!”

 

“Sehun who are you calling an idiot?” Luhan walked into the kitchen. “Oh! Chanyeol, what’s wrong?” Luhan was by Chanyeol’s side in a split second when he saw the downtrodden boy.

 

“He’s worried that Baekhyun would leave him.” Sehun answered even though the question wasn’t directed towards him.

 

“That’s ridiculous! Baekhyun loves Chanyeol so much, it wouldn’t even be an option for him to leave him. Chanyeol are you really that dense?”

 

“I know! That’s what I was telling him. He’s definitely overreacting.”

 

“I totally agree.”

 

“What would you two know!” Chanyeol glared at them. “You know nothing!” Chanyeol wiped away the falling tears. “Baekhyun doesn’t even want to be around me anymore. He’s never home, he doesn’t call me to let me know if he’s going to come home late or even return my calls. Everytime I talk to him, he looks so disinterested! He’s always irritated and he told me just a couple of days ago to leave him alone when I asked him if he was doing ok.” Chanyeol hiccuped. “He hates me! He ing hates me and I can’t even blame him for it because I hate myself too. I . I’m lazy, I don’t clean after my messes and I’m clingy. I’m like a ing 10 year old! No wonder Baekhyun grew tired of me!

 

A-And the s-sad t-thing about i-it? H-He could live w-without me. B-But I’ll j-just die i-if I l-lose him.”

 

Chanyeol then l curled up in a ball and howled in misery.

 

Sehun and Luhan exchanged looks of uncertainty. How could they comfort Chanyeol if he was determined to believe that Baekhyun hated him and although it did seem like Baekhyun was being a bit mean to Chanyeol, they were sure there was another reason why Baekhyun was acting such a way. But how could they convince Chanyeol otherwise?

 

Luckily their solution presented itself when Baekhyun came walking in with a confused expression upon his face as to why the sound of a wailing seal could be heard from even 8 houses down.

 

“What is going on in he-” Baekhyun froze in place when he scanned the scene.

 

Chanyeol was bawling his eyes on the floor. Sehun and Luhan were both sitting next to Chanyeol with troubled faces.

 

However how Baekhyun interpreted this scene as is that Chanyeol, his poor sweet little (little? Please) baby who could do no wrong, was being bullied by Sehun, someone who is widely known in his group of friends to be mean when he wants to, and Luhan, who could be the scariest man on earth, possibly Satan in human form, when you piss him off.

 

Now Baekhyun was furious. How dare they make his Chanyeol cry.

 

“What did you do to him!” Baekhyun screeched, rushing to Chanyeol, grabbing him and held him tightly.

 

“Did they hurt you? If they did, nod your head. I’ll kill them if they even touched a hair on your head.” Baekhyun shot daggers at both of them. He looked like he was ready to kill at any meant.

 

Chanyeol, stopped wailing but silent tears continued to roll down his cheeks. He was confused. One, because Baekhyun suddenly showed up and two, because Baekhyun was threatening  to actually kill someone, his friends, for making him cry even though he was that someone.

 

“You seemed to have misunderstood something Baekhyun.” Sehun tried to take control of the situation before it got even more out of hand.

 

“Yeah, it’s not what you think. Just calm down.” Luhan backed Sehun up.

 

“No, you calm the down Luhan? Who the hell do you think you are to make Chanyeol cry? How would you feel if I made Sehun cry.”

 

“I doubt that would even be possible.” Sehun sneered.

 

“Shut up Sehun. I will and could make you cry!” Baekhyun spat back, knowing full well how to push Sehun’s buttons.

 

Luhan glared at Baekhyun the moment Sehun showed a brief hurt look.

 

“Exactly. You’ll be ing pissed off. Now I want to know why! Why would you do such a thing to Chanyeol?!”

 

“For s sake! We didn’t do anything! You want to know why he’s ing crying like a baby?!” Sehun pointed at Baekhyun. “It’s because of you, alright? He’s crying because he thinks you hate him and that you will leave him. He could not bear that thought and came here to talk his problem out.” Sehun crossed his arms and sighed in an annoyed manner.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen as he let the information sink in. He peered down at Chanyeol, who by now has stopped crying and covered his red face with his hands in total embarrassment.

 

“But…..why? How could you think that I would hate you even for a second? I love Channie. You mean the world to me. If anything, I should be the one scared that you would leave me.”

 

Chanyeol immediately shot up. “Are you insane?! Of course I would never leave you.”

 

“Well, I know I can be a nag. I yell at you a lot and treat you like a child. No one would like that. I felt that maybe one day you’ll leave me when you’re sick of living with someone who acts like your mom.” Baekhyun smiled sadly.

 

“I do act like a child! I leave messes, I whine like baby, and I depend on you for practically everything. Besides I love my mom so I don’t care if you sometimes act like her. For the most part I deserve the scoldings. If you don’t tell me when I do something bad I’ll most likely keep doing it.” Chanyeol admitted. “I was scared you’ll leave me because you aren’t around anymore. We live together and I barely see you anymore. You know what you told me the other day? You told me to leave you alone. I assumed you didn’t love me anymore. You look so mad and irritated nowadays so I thought it meant that you were finally sick of me.” Chanyeol slumped his shoulders.

 

“You really are an idiot!” Baekhyun whacked Chanyeol’s forehead. “I’m just really tired because I’ve been working extra shifts at the hospital because my sister got herself into a financial crisis and needed some money. I just hate working at night at the hospitals. Most of the time the patients are either drunk off their asses, erts, or drug addicts trying to fake injuries to get high on the morphine. Just the other day I had to chase after a bulldog that a patient accidentally let loose. I’m so sleep deprived, everything just pisses me off and I can’t seem to think rationally.” Baekhyun used his thumb to wipe away any remaining tears and smile. “I’m sorry for taking all of my anger out on you.”

 

“It’s okay. I’m sorry for being a baby about everything. But why didn’t you tell me about your sister’s situation?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Well knowing you, you would try to help as well and I know it would be no problem to you but it’s a family issue that we can solve ourselves.” Baekhyun Chanyeol’s cheek.

 

Chanyeol nodded his head understanding that it was a pride thing.

 

“But that’s something I love about you and I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Baekhyun leaned down and gave Chanyeol a peck on the cheek. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too Baekhyun.” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun close and began it kiss him slowly and sensuously.

 

Oh.

 

You didn’t know?

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol are best friends, something they were originally, but also a couple.

 

However it’s easy to forget the latter since they don’t often show their romantic affections and prefer to act like 12 year olds. Sehun actually likes keeping it that way because its truly cringeworthy to him when most couples are always in each others personal space all the damn time.

 

Like now for an example.

 

“Guys. We get it. You’ve made up but puh-lease stop each other’s faces off in my kitchen. I eat here for gods sake!” Sehun grimaced and was contemplating to either pour water on them or hot coffee. Hot coffee was pretty appealing option to Sehun at the moment.

 

Next to him Luhan was staring at his friends with envy.

 

“Oh god! I saw tongue!?” Sehun knew that was the final straw for him and left the premises before witnessing live .

 

Of course he made sure to drag the other audience member, Luhan, as well.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“This is crazy.” Luhan whispered, bumping Sehun’s shoulder. He tightened his hold of the blue blanket they were sharing and tried, as subtle as possible, to move closer to Sehun.

 

“Yes this certainly is.” Sehun smiled and not so slyly, moved closer to Luhan.

 

“Shush! We’re watching a movie here.” Chanyeol eyed the two on the couch, huddled up suspiciously close.

 

“No one told you and your boyfriend to intrude on our movie night.” Sehun snapped back.

 

Yes, it was true. After the two finished their little “o” on Sehun’s kitchen floor- Sehun made a mental note to use every cleaning product known to man to get rid of the stains and germs- they wouldn’t leave. Once they heard about the movie fiasco, they were determined to sleep over. After some pillow fights, board games that Chanyeol schooled everyone in, and the consumption of snacks that Chanyeol alone ate half of, they were watching the horror movie.

 

To say the least, Baekhyun and Chanyeol crashed Sehun’s and Luhan’s night. Luhan didn’t seem to mind as much as Sehun, who was definitely annoyed most of the time. He wanted some alone time with Luhan, but nope,  that was ruined the moment Chanyeol walked through the door. He promised to get back at them just like Kyungsoo.

 

He just couldn’t understand how people can make a simple small problem into an exaggerated big one filled with unnecessary arguments and tears. Then again he wasn’t much of a people person to actually understand them.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol both made sure to stick their tongues out at Sehun before cuddling and continuing to watch the movie.

 

Sehun wanted to literally just grabbed those two and throw them out ,but seeing how that there was no way he could physically drag Chanyeol out, he settled on just swearing for the mean time.

 

During the movie, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were jumping and screaming the whole time. Surprisingly Sehun found himself jumping at a few scenes and became self-conscious that it was indeed very dark outside and inside with the exception of the TV. Luhan only laughed, not showing a speck of fear.

 

Before the movie went to the ending credits, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were fast asleep. Sehun was nodding off, not fully conscious nor completely asleep.

 

But one person was still fully awake, and he made sure to admire and sneak quick touches of his crush’s skin and lips.










 

Oh, and to also draw on everyone’s face and put shaving cream down all their pants.