Ch 19

How Can I Help You?

It’s been two weeks since the sleepover, and chasing Luhan around the front lawn with a water hose for an hour for pulling pranks on the boys when they were asleep. It’s also been 2 weeks since Sehun been typing non-stop, completing around 12 chapters in the process. He was so inspired after the trip, by seeing new places and new people and all. New ideas for the book just never seemed to stop coming.

 

Until now that is.

 

It’s was a Wednesday morning. Sehun had his coffee, had his laptop and was sitting at his favorite spot in his kitchen.

 

He was ready to type, and he was ready to start his day off in front of his laptop, but he couldn’t begin.

 

The document was blank on the screen and everytime he thought he had a good starting sentence he second guessed himself and pressed backspace until it was blank again.

 

Sehun just couldn’t understand why he was at such a standstill. He had a grasp on the story as a whole, but couldn’t find the words to convey the message he wants his readers to decipher.

 

It was frustrating. To be a writer, an author, a person who’s supposed to have a ways with words.

 

Maybe he needed to get out again. Experience life outside of his kitchen’s walls, get out of his hermit lifestyle, then perhaps he’ll find the words that was just at the tip of his tongue, but - yes there is always a but- Sehun has no idea on how to let loose or have, “fun" in the terms of his friends because his idea of fun is curling up to good book or making sarcastic remarks to others, which earns him weird looks from all his friends.

 

Well something has to happen at least. He doesn’t even remember the last time he even talked to people. It’s been five days. His last conversation was with Kyungsoo complaining about Kai ditching him for some guy he didn’t know, which Sehun responded by saying that the guy was Taemin and that he was the one to hook them up. Disaster ensued.

 

Sehun decided to put up his laptop, seeing no use on wasting the battery if he’s not doing anything with it. Maybe he should grab a book to see if it can spark any ideas.

 

He randomly chose one from the bookcase and randomly returned to his original spot.

 

Sehun grimaced as he read the tittle.

 

“How to be popular 101”

 

How and why was that book even a mile near his house let alone in his bookcase, Sehun will never know.

 

He threw the book in the trashcan-  Where it belongs, Sehun believed - and randomly chose again.

 

“The Great Gatsby.” Sehun smiled, satisfied with his second decision and sat down and began to read.

 

A few moments of sweet silence passed until Kyungsoo stormed into the kitchen, looking quite angry. Sehun, not really surprised at all at Kyungsoo’s demeanor, continued to read.

 

He knew Kyungsoo was going to and moan about Kai replacing him with Taemin, which isn’t far from the truth, then flip out if Sehun dares to mention the idea of Kyungsoo flirting with Kai to get back his attention. It became a tradition for Kyungsoo to flip anything over now.  It irks Sehun to no end. Tao already does that, now he has to deal with two destructive friends?!

 

God his life doesn’t get any easier.

 

“Sehun.” Kyungsoo said his name, but Sehun refused to tear his eyes away from the book. He didn’t want to be bothered with Kyungsoo and believed that if he ignored the other’s presence and didn’t move, the annoying creature would go away.

 

After 30 seconds of continous name calling, Sehun was blessed with the return of sweet silence. Sehun couldn’t believed that worked, but was glad nonetheless. He relaxed and dared to peer over his book to see if Kyungsoo was gone. Instead Sehun almost had a heart attack. Kyungsoo was leaning over the table, his face mere inches from Sehun’s face, eyes wide and sort of creepy.

 

Before Sehun could even think of a snarky comment, his book was knocked out of his hand, flew into the air, hitting the wall,  then landed hard on the floor with a loud thump.

 

“My book!” Sehun shoved Kyungsoo’s face away from. He ran to his book and picked it up before Kyungsoo could regain consciousness after being hit in the head. “Are you insane! This is a classic! Have you no mercy?!” Sehun cradled the book, whispering apologies for letting “that monster” aka Kyungsoo for abusing him.

 

“That was the only thing I could do to get your attention. You were ignoring me.” Kyungsoo glared at Sehun for overreacting.

 

“I was ignoring you because I already know what your problem is.”

 

“But you don’t understand Sehun, it’s not like last time.”

 

“Bull and you know it.”

 

“No it’s not.”

 

“Okay, fine.” Sehun walked to Kyungsoo and eyed him down. “ So it’s not about Kai blowing you off for Taemin, again, and spending all of his free time with him. Or not about Kai ignoring your phone calls and acting distant.”

 

“N-No.”

 

Sehun had an arrogant smile on his face. “Really? So what is it then?”

 

“Kai forgot that today was our friendship anniversary and instead of having a bros night out he had “plans” with that stupid Taemin.”

 

“God, just admit it! You’re ing jealous!” Sehun poked Kyungsoo’s chest.

 

“Am not!” Kyungsoo retorted.

 

“Are to!”

 

“Am not!”

 

“Are to!”

 

“I’m not and that's final.” Kyungsoo pushed Sehun away from him.

 

“No, you are and that’s final because this is my house, not yours.”

 

“You’re really pissing me off Sehun.” Kyungsoo huffed and finally decided to just sit down.

 

Sehun followed suit at the table. “You’re not the first one nor the last person I will anger.”

 

“But it’s not fair. You act as if you know everything and I’m always wrong.”

 

“Well it’s true.” Sehun smiled. “But in all seriousness, it’s so obvious you’re jealous. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s natural to feel that way when you feel like someone is taking something important away from you. You’re just in denial and you should stop that. It’s not healthy. Accept who you really are Kyungsoo because between you and me the real you is pretty awesome, so let’s start from there.” Sehun offered a reassuring expression.

 

Okay. I’ll try but I won’t make any promises.” Kyungsoo mumbled, letting Sehun’s words sink in. “Thanks Sehun.”

 

“No problem. You know I’m here for ya.”

 

“Yeah because you ignoring me earlier was a great example of that.” Kyungsoo said sarcastically.

 

“I know! Such a great example.” Sehun said.

 

“You Sehun.” Kyungsoo grinned playfully.

 

Sehun smiled back, but dropped it seconds later when an furious Kris entered. Sehun didn’t even attempt to comment how red Kris was because he was sure Kris would not hesitant to rip his head off.

 

Kyungsoo eeped when Kris violently pulled out a chair and sat down grumbling darks things.

 

“Good morning Kris.” Sehun spoke first. “Is there something weighing on your mind?”

 

“I broke up with my girlfriend.” Kris seethed.

 

“Yuri?” Kyungsoo said the forbidden name aloud.

 

Kyungsoo shrinked in his seat when Kris gave him a hard glare for even mentioning his ex-girlfriend's name.

 

Kyungsoo offered a quiet apology so Kris wouldn’t punch the daylights out of him.

 

“When?” Sehun asked as he sipped some of his coffee.

 

“Yesterday.” Kris stared at the table, avoiding Sehun’s curious stare.

 

“I see” Sehun hummed. “Then why are you so angry? I would think you’d be celebrating over the fact that you’re single again.”

 

“I normally would but,” Kris breathed in heavily. “Tao ruined my mood completely.

 

Oh. Something clicked in Sehun’s head. Tao and Yuri were supposed besties now. Sehun could only imagine how Tao reacted to the breakup news.

 

“That’s weird. I thought Tao would be happy about that.” Kyungsoo said, confused.

 

“Tao befriended Yuri and let’s just say they became inseparable.” Sehun said.

 

“That makes no sense, like, at all.” Kyungsoo said. He, along with Xiumin, Kai, Suho, Baekhyun, Suho and Sehun, knew how Tao felt about Kris and Kris’s girlfriends. Everyone else were oblivious to it, but not them.

 

“I know!” Kris exploded. “And when I broke up with her, Tao immediately goes and consoles her. When I called him he curses me out for breaking Yuri’s heart and how selfish and horrible I am. Like what the ? I already know these things, I don’t need him pointing out all of my faults like that and hurt my feelings just because he’s acting crazy. And when I told him that, he tells me to stay away from him and Yuri.” Kris shakes his head. “I….I just don’t know what happened. One minute we’re best friends and then the next he ing hates me. I’m so confused and I don’t know what to do to go back to how it used to be.”

 

Sehun and Kyungsoo exchanged knowing glances. Should they tell Kris or not? Would it better or worsen the situation if they tell Kris how Tao felt about him?

 

Sehun decided against it because it wasn’t his place to say. But that didn’t mean he didn’t like it. Tao was being unfair and Kris was being, well, Kris.

 

At this point there wasn’t much Sehun could do unless he talks to Tao, but then he doubts Tao would be willing to listen to what Sehun has to say.

 

“I understand your anger. Kai….. has left me too.” Kyungsoo broke the silence.

 

Kris peered at Kyungsoo. “Oh yeah, I heard about your guy's situation. Do you really not like Kai? I mean he is a bit of a spazz and overdramatic, but so are you. I thought you would say yes.”

 

“I was confused at the time. Very confused. You could say that I was scared, but now I know. Kai means a lot to me and I do return his feelings, although not as strong as his, well, yet. However I might be too late. He’s moving on and seeing this other guy. It’s pretty rare to even see each other now.” Kyungsoo smiled sadly.

 

“So you understand my pain.” Kris responded. “Doesn’t it make you feel bitter? How could those we trust and care about the most in the world just leave you like that? Do we mean nothing to them? All those years were nothing to them?!” Kris angrily asked.

 

“I know! Kai didn’t even give me a chance to recover from my breakup when he confessed! He should have at least given a month to heal. Maybe then I could have seriously considered the option! And the way he did it! Oh god, what the hell was he thinking?!” Kyungsoo said, letting Kris’s anger spark his own.

 

Thus began the ranting, both taking out their anger on Tao and Kai by bad mouthing them.

 

Sehun had tried to step in to calm them down. He even scolded them for acting like typical  s and to stop blaming the other party for everything. But they simply ignored him and went back to what they were doing.

 

Sehun felt like he was the only one amongst his group of friends that wasn’t so ignorant of the obvious because he was truly surrounded by idiots.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I swear you people need an actual therapist because I do not have the patience for your idiocy.” Sehun said.

 

“I’m not stupid.” Kris glared at Sehun.

 

“You’re the dumbest in here! God, you’re worse than Kyungsoo when it comes to not knowing what’s obviously in front of you, .”

 

“What is that suppose to mean?” Kris had no clue what Sehun was getting at.

 

Sehun gave up. He’d rather not have coffee for a day than deal with Kris.

 

“What’s up guys.” Yixing made his appearance, waving excitedly at the three.

 

“Well you look good.” Sehun complimented Yixing. He was glad that for once, he didn’t look like he was about to die.

 

“And I feel great.” Yixing chose to sit between Kris and Kyungsoo and nodded to the both of them.

 

“What brings you here?” Kyungsoo leans against Yixing.

 

“Yeah, do you have dumb problems like these two.” Sehun pointed at Kris and Kyungsoo and receiving the middle finger from both.

 

“Not really.” Yixing chuckled. “I’m happy with my job and my relationship status.”

 

“Good for you. If only I could be so lucky.” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

Yixing gave Kyungsoo a questioning look, but received no answer so he dismissed the depressing sound of Kyungsoo’s voice and asked Sehun if he could hold a small party at Sehun’s house.

 

“Just what I need.” Kris brightened up.

 

“It will not be that kind of party Kris.” Yixing rolled his eyes, only imagining what Kris was thinking of. Probably a strip club. “I want to hold a farewell party for Suho before he leaves for his 2 month long vacation.” Yixing explained.

 

“Sure, I have no problem with, but why at my place?” Sehun asked.

 

“I live in a small apartment and have no room for even a small gathering. Your house is a better option since you’re my only friend with an actual house and not an apartment building.”

 

“I see. Well you’re welcomed to have it here anyway, but I hope you don’t mind if I invite a few people to it.” Sehun smiled.

 

“What people?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“You don’t know them. I met them at a bonfire a few weeks ago and we’ve became fast friends.”

 

Kris gasped. “Sehun has friends we don't know of? How is that even possible!”

 

“ you and just for that, you are not allowed in my house on the day of the party.”

 

“ please, I crash parties for a living. “ Kris said. Which wasn’t entirely false.

 

Kyungsoo laughed at the two bickering back in forth. He then asked Yixing when he was having the party. Sehun and Kris stopped arguing immediately to hear Yixing’s response.

 

“Friday, if that’s okay with you Sehun.”

 

“You know Sehun has nothing else better to do.” Kris said.

 

Sehun eyed Kris and gave him a warning, which didn’t do much to keep Kris from taunting him further on.

 

“Do you have any idea what decorations you want or the food you want to serve?” Kris asked Yixing.

 

“Uh,not really.” Yixing frowned.

 

“Why don’t you just call Luhan. He’s a professional party planner and when you know what you want to get, Luhan and I can help you with the shopping.” Sehun suggested.

 

“Sounds like a plan.” Yixing said, feeling relieved.

 

“You just want to see Luhan, isn’t that right?” Kris teased.

 

“Of course I do. I haven’t seen him for a while and I miss him.” Sehun casually replied. He wasn’t going to let Kris embarrass him.

 

Kyungsoo and Yixing looked at Sehun as if he was crazy. He only provoked Kris to more.

 

“Aww, you miss your boyfriend.” Kris sung.

 

“He’s not my boyfriend.” Sehun took a long drawl from his coffee before adding, “Yet.”

 

“Holy ! You like Luhan?!” Kyungsoo mouth was wide open.

 

“No sherlock.” Sehun put down his cup. “Now close your mouth before flies fly in.”

 

“How can you admit that so easily.” Yixing asked Sehun because if someone said that Suho was his boyfriend he’ll be a blushing mess and denying it til the end.

 

“Because unlike you idiots, I’m honest with myself and don’t deny my feelings that are so plainly there.” Sehun said in a matter-of-factly tone.

 

“I really hate you right now.” Kyungsoo stood up. “I’ll see you guys later. I have to go sulk and eat a full tub of ice cream while watching Adventure Time.” Kyungsoo waved goodbye and left.

 

Kris soon followed pursuit, saying that he had to go throw away anything that reminded him of Yuri.

 

“I guess I should get going as well.” Yixing said.

 

“Do you really have to? Can’t you stay and talk for a little longer?” Sehun asked. He didn’t want to be bore out of his mind alone.

 

“Sorry. I have an interview in 2 hours. I have to get my makeup and outfit ready. Bye Sehun.”

 

Alone, Sehun tapped his fingers on the table for a few minutes, waiting for something, anything, to happen.

 

Sehun was disappointed fast. All there was was the sound of the clock ticking. Sehun decided he needed to get out more, but not today. He wasn’t ready for it.

 

Oh well, Sehun thought, he could always just call Luhan.