Ch 12

How Can I Help You?

“OHMYGOOOOOOD!!!!!” Luhan screamed directly into Sehun’s right ear as the rollercoaster sped downward. He had his arms up high and was shouting like crazy. On the other hand, Sehun was holding onto dear life on the handlebars and trying his best not to shout as well. That would be so unlike him.

 

As the rollercoaster did a few twists and turns ,even going upside down for seconds that seemed like forever to Sehun, it came to a complete stop when they arrived at the platform.

 

“That was so fun!” Luhan exclaimed loudly, also panting  from all the unnecessary shouting he had been doing. He grabbed Sehun’s arm, shaking it violently. “That was so awesome! Right Sehun?! We should totally ride it again.”

“Never. Again.” Sehun managed to utter before climbing out of the ride. Luhan followed close behind him. When they were both standing on the platform, Sehun turned to Luhan and grabbed him by the shoulders. “I’m never going on that monstrosity you call an amusement ride EVER AGAIN. It will not be the cause of my death so don’t you dare think for even one second I’m stepping one foot onto that thing.” Sehun warned.

 

“Oh come on Sehun. It wasn’t that bad.” Luhan smiled at Sehun. “Even a 10 year old was riding that thing. You don’t see him crying.”

 

“Don’t care. I’m not going on that again. You go on it alone.” Sehun firmly decided.

 

“Fine.” Luhan pouted. “But I want the pictures they take when you’re riding it.”

 

“Deal. Let’s go.” Sehun and Luhan walked over to a counter that had a flat screen tv hanging behind it, showing off the shots of the people faces when they rode the rollercoaster. And let’s just say the face expressions of the most people were not too pleasant.

 

“Excuse me.” Luhan called out to the lady behind the counter. “Do you have the photos of me and my friend here.” He pointed to Sehun standing next to him.

 

“One moment please.” The woman smiled and checked on her computer. She pulled up a picture and turned the screen to Luhan and Sehun.

 

The first thing Luhan do was laugh. Sehun just rolled his eyes and frowned. On the screen showed a picture of Luhan, with his mouth wide open, his hair blowing everywhere and his arms flailing in the air. However it was nothing compared to Sehun.

 

Sehun was biting his lip, his eyes were the size of golf balls, his hair was flying in his face and his arms were tightly wrapped around the handlebars. In the least, you could say he looked extremely terrified.

 

“Hahaha, Sehun why do you look like that?!” Luhan leaned on Sehun to keep himself from falling on the ground from a fit of laughter. “You look so scared. I didn’t know you was such a scaredy cat. Hahahaha!”

 

Sehun sniffed the air and pretended that he hadn’t heard a word Luhan had spoken to him. “Luhan are you going to buy the pictures or not? I don’t want to stand here all day.”

 

“You bet I am. I'm so going to show everyone this picture.” Luhan wiped away a small tear that formed in his eye from laughing too hard. “Or I could just blackmail you instead.”

 

“Doesn’t matter to me. Not like I ever cared how the others viewed me.” Sehun answered coolly. He wasn’t going to let Luhan get to him. Even though he kind of did a little. But at least he wasn’t going to show it.

 

“Sure Sehun. Sure.” Luhan teased. The women handed Luhan him the pictures inside an envelope. Luhan ped his backpack and the envelope inside. “We can go now.” Luhan said as he slipped the backpack back on.

 

“Can we sit down for a little?” Sehun asked as he spotted an empty bench under some trees. “We’ve been going on these rides for 3 and half hours non stop. I’m tired and my feet are sore.”

 

“Anything for you hunnie.” Luhan pinched Sehun’s cheek lightly. He, too, was feeling a little tired from walking around and waiting in line.

 

Sehun groaned and swatted Luhan’s hands away. They sat down on the bench and decided to just sit for 10 minutes.

 

“So what ride do we have yet to ride?” Luhan asked as he pulled out a pamphlet on the carnival’s ride that was handed to him by a guy dressed up in a bunny suit. Out of the 32 rides that was there, about 20 of them were crossed out, representing the rides they had gone on.  “Do you want to go on the swinging boat next or the ride that goes really high then just drops?” Luhan asked.

 

“Can’t we just play some games at the vendors for a little while. My body is beginning to feel like jelly from all the extreme rides its been on.” Sehun complained.

 

“So I take that as the swinging boat?” Luhan asked, innocently.

 

“Ugh! Fine! We’ll ride all those stupid rides but you better take responsibility when my body shuts down on me. Got it?!”

 

“Of course princess.” Luhan cooed. “Besides I only want to go on 3 more rides. The rest of them are for toddlers anyway.” Luhan said.

 

“Thank god! just 3 more rides and my life will be spared!” Sehun rested his shook his hands.

 

“Yes, then you can do whatever you want from there on, you big baby.” Luhan chuckled.

 

“I am not a big baby. I drink coffee and last time I checked babies aren’t allowed to drink that.” Sehun retorted.

 

Luhan just shook his head at Sehun. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and looked at the time. “It’s 4:45 Sehun.”

 

“Alright. What time were you planning on dropping me off at home?” Sehun asked.

 

“Lets not limit our time together. Let’s just go with the flow.” Luhan grinned at Sehun. Sehun unconsciously returned the gesture.

 

“Ok.” Sehun muttered.

 

Luhan suddenly jumped out of his seat and turned to Sehun. He reached out his hand. “Time for the swinging boats.”

 

Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hand and allowed the other to pull him up. “You better hope I don’t get motion sickness because I’ll make sure to puke all over you.”

 

“I’m sitting far away from you.” Luhan made a disgusted face.

 

“You can’t escape from me. You’re stuck with me.” Sehun slung his arm over Luhan. They began to walk towards the Pharaoh's boat.

 

“And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Luhan whispered under his breath, feeling the butterflies flutter in his stomach.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I want that pen.” Sehun pointed at a blue pen that was illuminating with white light. It was on the high counter with all the other prizes on it.

 

“Are you freaking kidding me. You want me to get you that pen? Not a teddy bear or something remotely cool like that water gun?” Luhan looked at Sehun skeptically. He was holding a fake silver rifle and had his straw hat on once again.

 

“Yes. You asked me what I wanted and I want that pen.” Sehun crossed his arms. The two, after completing riding all the amusement rides they could, were now at the gaming vendors. They’ve been playing around for less than an hour and both have successfully gotten a few small prizes like stickers, erasers, stuff animals and a pretty little wand (That was won by Luhan at the bean bag vendor).

 

Now they were at the cross bow target shooting vendor. Sehun was unable to shoot even one target, which were creepy doll heads by the way, so you cannot blame him if he choked every time he aimed at the targets. Luhan, seeing how Sehun was distressed over losing a couple times, decided to give it a shot.

 

“Why?” Luhan asked. He didn’t seem to understand what was so magnificent about a glowing pen.

 

“Luhan, I’m an author. Sometimes it gets a little boring writing with a plain old pen. I like to spice up my writing life with a glowing pen. Besides it also allows me to write in the dark. Does that not seem cool to you?” Sehun said in a very serious tone and expression.

 

Luhan cracked a smile. “I swear you can be so weird Sehun. But I guess that’s one of the many reasons why I like you.” He got into position with the rifle and aimed at three different targets. Within seconds he knocked all of them down, stunning Sehun, the person working at the vendor and the crowd around them. Immediately the crowd started to clap and cheer in amazement. Sehun just stared at his friend.

 

“Woah kid, how the hell did you do that?!” The worker at the vendor questioned Luhan, scratching his head in confusion.

 

“My dad taught me how.” Luhan answered simply and handed the rifle to the man. “I want that glowing blue pen, please.”

 

“Is that all?” the man asked once again confused by Luhan’s choice of prize.

 

“Yes that’s all I want.” Luhan answered. He was then given the pen. “Thank you sir.” He turned to the still frozen in shock Sehun, and waved the pen in his face. “I got you the pen. Happy?”

 

Sehun snapped out of the trance and slowly nodded. He thanked Luhan and took the pen. As they walked away from the vendor Sehun asked Luhan, “How were you able to do that?”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Shoot all of them like nothing. You didn’t even take a small break in between the shots.”

 

“Are you saying that I was good?” Luhan asked, walking a little closer to Sehun, making the back of their hands touch.

 

“Yes Luhan. That was amazing! Like nothing I’ve seen before. Well except for movies but that’s a different story.” Sehun rambled. “But seriously you just did it like it was a piece of cake. Like seriously, how?”

 

“My dad taught me.” Luhan answered.

 

“I thought your dad was a history professor at a university?” Sehun pointed out.

 

Luhan shook his head. “ That’s my step father. I’m talking about my biological father.”

 

Sehun stopped in place. He never knew that. Why didn't he know that? He knew he didn’t know much about Luhan’s personal life but still, how come he didn’t know something like that? he usually knew a lot about his friends but how come Luhan had to be the different one.

 

Luhan continued to stroll not noticing that Sehun was no longer beside him until he was about to open his mouth again. He looked around and saw Sehun just standing in the middle of the street. He looked beyond confused and a little sullen. Luhan grew worried and ran back to Sehun.

 

“Sehun!” Luhan called him out. He waved his hand in front of Sehun’s face.

 

“I’m right here Luhan. I’m not deaf, you don’t have to scream.” Sehun mumbled.

 

“Sorry. You just looked out of it again. Something on your mind?” Luhan voice was full of concern just like always when he was worried for Sehun.

 

“Not really. Just a little tired that’s all.” Sehun replied.

 

Luhan didn’t really believe him but decided to just let it go. “If you say so.” Luhan then spotted something that caught his eye. “Cotton candy!” he squealed.

 

Sehun turned around and saw what excited his older friend. He broke out in a smile. “Let’s get some, shall we?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was 9pm, the carnival was going to close in less than a half an hour so there was less people there but the lights on the rides were still shining brightly in the dark and good ole country music was playing loudly in the background. The streets were dirtied with spilled popcorn, soda cans, cotton candy, chips, boxes and wrappers of candy, and confetti. Under a lone tree sat Sehun, crossed leg with his elbow resting on his thigh and his chin in his palm. He was slouching but didn’t look bothered by it.

 

Rather he looked a little peeved off and tired. He had every right to be though, he hadn’t seen Luhan for a long time. It seemed as if the other had disappeared without a trace. And the worst part is that Sehun didn’t have his cell phone so he couldn’t call to ask the location of Luhan. It only made him madder when he remembered that it was Luhan’s idea to split up for a little while since he wanted to ride some more rides and Sehun wanted to watch a magic show. And he was the one that suggested to meet up at the same tree Sehun was currently under.

 

Sehun tried to not think of the worst case scenario because he was sure Luhan could take care of himself but it always came creeping up every second. He was mad that he didn’t know where the other one was and if he was in danger or not. Sehun should’ve brought his cell phone then he wouldn’t have to ponder on the non existent danger Luhan was in.

 

Sehun was about to leave and go look for the older male when he saw Luhan walking towards him. He was not alone as Sehun saw two male figures trail right behind him. “I’m sorry Sehun for being late. I was too busy talking to some guys I met at the roller coaster ride that I forgot the time.” Luhan immediately began to explain as he saw how upset Sehun looked. “You’re mad. I can tell, you’re very mad.”

 

“I’m not mad. Just a little tired.” Sehun lied. Of course he was mad, he’s been worried sick about his friend, thinking he was being attacked by some psychopathic clown when he was talking to some guys he met at a rollercoaster ride, that nearly killed him earlier that day.

 

“I’m really really sorry Sehun. Don’t be mad at me, please. I didn’t mean to forget about you.” Luhan apologized, seeing right through Sehun’s lie. “Smile for me. please, you’ll feel better.”

 

Sehun kept his same stoic expression.

 

“Hunnie~” Luhan suddenly hugged Sehun. “Hunnie don’t be mad at me, pwease?”

 

Sehun couldn’t help but break a little at his act but he kept his usual composition.

 

“I’m not mad at you. I was just worried about you when you didn’t show up. Thats all. I don’t have my cell phone so I have no knowing if you’re alright or not.” Sehun calmly explained. He Luhan’s hair. “You don’t have to apologize.”

 

Luhan blushed and lowered his head but he did nod.

 

“Oh Luhan is that your boyfriend?” one of the male’s that followed Luhan asked in a teasing tone. He had bleached blonde long hair and brown eyes.

 

“Seems like it.” The other male said. He was shorter than the other guy  and had bleached blonde hair as well. However he definitely had more muscle than the other.

 

“No he isn’t!” Luhan denied. “He’s my friend I was talking about earlier. This is Sehun.” He gestured to Sehun. “And Sehun these are my new acquaintances, Kibum,” He pointed to the taller male.

 

“I prefer to be called Key if you don’t mind.” Key waved at Sehun.

 

“And Jonghyun, Key’s boyfriend.” Luhan pointed to the man standing next to Key.

 

“Hello, nice to meetcha.” Jonghyun shook Sehun’s hand. Sehun noted that he had a pretty tight grip.

 

“Hello.” Sehun greeted and bowed slightly.

 

“They’re the reason why I was late. I bumped into Jonghyun and we struck up a conversation about the rollercoaster being fun and Jonghyun was talking about how it was his 5th time riding it.” Luhan explained.

 

“And I thought he was hitting on my boyfriend while I went to buy some pictures.” Key added in. “I caused quite a scene back there.” Key and Luhan both laughed.

 

“Yeah, that also happened.” Luhan grinned. “Then after that misunderstanding we started talking and I ended up telling them about us and what we were doing today. Then they told me how they were headed towards the beach with some other friends of theirs to have a barbecue and a campfire.” Luhan glanced at Sehun. “And they invited us to join them.”

 

“Yeah you guys are very much welcomed to come.” Jonghyun said.

 

“Do you want to go?” Luhan was practically begging him with his eyes for Sehun to say yes.

 

Sehun was exhausted but he did remember that this was suppose to be a spontaneous and fun trip with Luhan, so why not?

 

Sehun smirked. “Sure why not.”

 

“Are you sure?” Luhan asked.

 

“Yes I’m sure Luhan. It sounds fun, let’s go.” Sehun said to the enjoyment to Luhan.

 

“Cool, just follow us. The beach is only a few blocks away.” Key gestured for them to follow.


Luhan, who was smiling widely, held onto Sehun’s arm and together they followed the other couple towards the beach.

 

A/N

Porque?!!!!! I'm 1 hour late! I was suppose to update on july 3 not 4th. All because I was an hour freaking late! Ugh! *Knocks over flower pot*

Well anyway besides my unnecessay tantrums, this is the 2nd part to Hunhan's trip. I'll be adding a 3rd part for them for the next chapter. It will be their last moments together before Sehun is swept away with his friend's problems once again.

As always I would like to welcome my new and old subscribers. I love you all and I enjoy reading your comments. They really help me get through the day or help me out when I'm feeling sad. Thank you so much! I adore you all!

I'll keep thinking up more ideas and typing away~

 

P.s. Happy 4th of july!!!!!!!!!!!