Ch 4

How Can I Help You?

“Is my cheeks really that squishy?” Xiumin asked Sehun as he plopped down at the kitchen table.

 

“Is that even a question?” Sehun chuckled as he flipped a page from the book he was reading.

 

“Yes. I’m being serious here and you should be too.” Xiumin glared at the younger boy.

 

Sehun glanced at Xiumin before looking back to his page. “I am being serious. You and I, heck even the whole knows that your cheeks are puffy and squishy like a bun.”

 

“I ing hate that. Why was I cursed with my face?” Xiumin said as he pinched his left cheek.

 

“Because your parents decided to get it on and their genetics screwed you over.”

 

“Oh yeah, that.” Xiumin sighed. “I swear my life is only filled with people poking and pinching my cheeks like their my great auntie and I’m their 5 year old nephew.”

 

“Your life has not been a good one.”

 

“No it has not. Ever since I was a child I’ve been picked on because of it. Even now, in my freaking early TWENTIES, people still make fun of me.”

 

Sehun dropped his book and looked at Xiumin with sympathy. He knew Xiumin had to go through a lot for his chubby cheeks and he knew how much of a struggle it was for Xiumin to not snap on anyone for even mentioning them. At first when Xiumin, was young, everyone thought it was cute and adorable and he didn’t mind them. However at the age of 10, he grew tired of the attention he got for them and hoped that in a few years all of his baby fat would go away.

 

Unfortunately for Xiumin that was not the case because by the time he was in high school, they were still there and even more chubbier. It only got worse when his classmates and peers started to make fun of him for it. It got so bad that he had developed a complex for them and tried everything to get rid of them. He visited doctors, tried weird medicine for it, practiced black magic and even went as a far as starving himself to the point that he passed out for dehydration and malnutrition. Luckily with a few years of counseling, Xiumin was able to deal with his complex but only to some degree. This is why he talk his troubles out with Sehun sometimes. He didn’t want to go back to his old counselor because  it costs a lot of many to talk your feelings out to some stranger, when you could have someone listen to them for free.

 

“Don’t give me that look Sehun. I already pity myself as much as it is, I don’t need you pitying me as well.”

 

Sehun just nodded his head, knowing full well that Xiumin was a bit too prideful.

 

“So,” Sehun began while tapping his fingers on the edge of the table. “Has Chen been bothering you lately.”

 

Xiumin grimaced at the sound of the other’s name.

 

“Oh you know it.” Xiumin hissed.

 

Sehun looked at with Xiumin with great interest.

 

“What did he do this time?” Sehun asked. He actually enjoyed some of Chen’s antics on Xiumin. They were pretty funny, he would have to admit.

 

“Oh the usual. Came into my office around lunchtime, started a conversation that somehow ended to how “adorable” my cheeks are. I kick him out but he’s back within an hour, still cracking jokes and calling me a squirrel. Then during a board meeting, which was about building condos near a forest, Chen, that , says that we need to think about my relatives, the squirrels, that live in the trees.” Xiumin explained with an annoyed expression.

 

Sehun had to use every muscle in his body to not break into a laugh. He didn’t want Xiumin to rip his head off if he did.

 

“Everyone almost died laughing at Chen’s lame joke. Even the freaking Ceo was on the floor, wheezing for gods sake! I was beyond embarrassed, Sehun.  And of course he didn’t stop at that either. Near the end of my shift, he offered to pay for my dinner since he “felt bad”. Tch, I was stupid to actually believe him.”

 

“Why?” Sehun dared to say.

 

“HE ING BROUGHT ME TO A RESTAURANT AND ORDERED ME NUTS!!!!!” Xiumin shouted.

 

“Oh.” was all Sehun could say. He couldn’t deny that Chen was jerk or rather a troll who joked around too much. He was a troll amongst trolls and loved to mess Xiumin the most. No one really knows why Xiumin is always Chen’s victim, well, Sehun knew EXACTLY why. But you’ll learn about that later on.

 

Anyway, from  the looks of it, Xiumin was slowly growing with rage towards Chen and one day he’ll explode on Chen. Maybe even murder him. Yeah, you heard right, Xiumin might actually kill him. Don’t be fooled by Xiumin’s weak and innocent exterior, he’s a very dark person.

“I swear, I’m going to wring his little neck so he won’t be able to make fun of me. Or I could shove a pole so far up his , ” Xiumin began.

 

“Woah, you’re steering from the path of sanity Xiumin. Just calm down. Chen is only playing around and doesn’t mean to hurt you with his jokes.” Sehun interrupted Xiumin’s very detailed way of hurting his co-worker.

 

“Don’t care. He’ll get what he deserves when I snap.” Xiumin said.

 

Sehun shook his head.

 

“Xiumin your problem won’t easily go away if you kill him. There’ll be even more people equally as obnoxious as him. Are you going to kill them as well?”

 

“Yes.” Xiumin did not hesitant to reply.

 

“So you’re going to become a serial killer then?”

 

“If its necessary to stop everyone from teasing me then yes, I’ll be a serial killer.”

 

“You scare me sometimes Xiumin.” Sehun got up from his chair. “And its not the good scared either.” Sehun commented as he went to the coffee machine.

 

“How can there be a good scared?” Xiumin said while rolling his eyes.

 

“There is.” Sehun poured the last of the coffee into a pink mug.

 

Xiumin didn’t question it, sure that Sehun was going to give him a lame example. Instead he chose to ask something else.

 

“Have you seen Chen recently?”

 

Sehun glanced at Xiumin.

 

“Not since last week. Why?”

 

Xiumin shrugged his shoulders.

 

“I know that he comes to you sometimes.”

 

“And?” Sehun hesitantly asked.

 

“What do you guys talk about?”

 

“That’s confidential.”

 

“How? You aren’t a therapist so you’re free to tell me anything.” Xiumin leaned towards Sehun.

“Yes, I’m not a therapist but I’m not going to talk.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I know that you’re going to use Chen’s problem against him. That’s why.” Sehun took a sip from his mug.

 

Whatever gave you that idea?” Xiumin scoffed. Fidgeting a bit because he was scared that Sehun caught on.

 

“Don’t play innocent Xiumin. I KNOW you. More than you know yourself.”

 

“Sure you do.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“I know that you secretly like it when Chen calls you Baozi. I know that much.”

 

Xiumin slightly blushed.

 

“N-No I don’t” Xiumin stuttered.

 

“Then why are you stuttering then?”

 

“I’m n-not.”

 

“You’re doing it again.” Sehun smirked.

 

“Aish! Stop messing with me!” Xiumin pouted.

 

“You know that only makes your cheeks bigger.” Sehun pointed at Xiumin’s face.

 

“I’m going to kill you.” Xiumin hissed.

 

“Good luck with that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I’m so screwed Sehun!” Chen exclaimed the moment he barged into Sehun’s door.

 

However Chen learned that Sehun was nowhere to be found inside the house. He wasn’t in the kitchen, where you could mostly find him, he wasn’t in the bathroom, living room or even his bedroom. The house was pretty much empty. That was indeed something rare. If you haven’t notice, Sehun rarely leaves his house. Even when he was young, he only went out for school and always go straight home. Sometimes Sehun’s friends and family had to literally drag him outside when they wanted to do have some fun. Due to that,  Sehun’s friends like to think that Sehun has a fear of the outside world but in actuality he finds more comfort in staying at home. Besides nothing outside interests Sehun.

 

Chen decided to just sit at the kitchen table until Sehun comes home. He really needed to get some advice from him and doubted this could be held off for another day. For the first 5 minutes Chen patiently sat at the table but after that, due to extreme boredom, he started to roam around the house. He watched TV for 10 minutes before throwing the remote on the couch and deciding to raid Sehun’s refrigerator. Unfortunately he wasn’t able to find anything he would like to eat there.

 

“Sehun you are such a bland person. Even when it comes to food.” He mumbled as he slammed the fridge’s door.

 

He went upstairs and entered Sehun’s bedroom. He jumped onto his bed as a little petty revenge on Sehun for not having Chen’s favorite food and  made a mess by flipping around on it. Then he got a interesting idea to face down all the pictures in the house just to mess with the house’s owner. He did just so and chuckled to himself while doing it. As he entered the kitchen again, his eye caught the coffee maker. A devilish grin grew on his face. He knew, as well as everybody else, how Sehun was obsessed with coffee. He wondered how Sehun would react if it disappears.

 

Being the troll he was, he unplugged the machine and hid it inside the hallway closet. Satisfied with his little prank, he ran to use the bathroom. The moment Chen closed the bathroom door, the back door opened. Sehun entered his house with two grocery bags as he came back from the supermarket. Earlier that day he ran out of coffee and needed to buy more orange soda anyways, so he decided to take a small trip to the nearest store.

 

Immediately Sehun felt that something was different about his house. It wasn’t only atmosphere that felt different but something else as well. He looked around, not catching anything odd in particular until he saw that most of his picture frames were faced down or turned to the back. Sehun cocked his head, wondering how the heck did that happen. Its not like he would do something like that but who? Did someone perhaps enter his house? Its not like Sehun locks his door anyways, so people are free to casually walk in. What if someone was in there with him? Sehun shook his head, trying his best to not think of anything bad. He didn’t like freaking himself out at all. He fixed them and went upstairs to hang up his jacket, not pondering anymore about the pictures.

 

When he entered his bedroom he noticed that his covers were practically on the floor. Sehun knew that he had properly fixed his bed that morning. He always did. But then, why? Why were they a mess as if someone jumped on his bed. He scratched his head, feeling even more confused. He decided to conclude that maybe he was having withdrawal for not having his daily cup of coffee and was to get one right away. But first he hung up his jacket in the closet and proceeded to make his bed once again.

 

Sehun made his way to his kitchen’s cabinet, and took out one of his favorite mugs. It was mug that looked like it was made out of coffee beans. This mug was a present from a very close of his’s and he really treasured it. He went to the counter with the coffee maker on top of it, but when he got there, there was no coffee maker.

 

Sehun’s eyes widen. He rubbed his eyes, and doubled checked if it was really not there. And it wasn’t. This couldn’t be. Sehun never moves the coffee machine. Its always on the countertop. ALWAYS. Sehun roamed the kitchen but found no coffee maker. He checked under the sink, all the cabinets and even the fridge but no coffee maker was found.

 

He stood in the middle of the kitchen, with one hand holding the coffee mug and the other grasping his hair. He was flustered and even a bit scared. Someone had obviously taken his coffee maker and messed with his things inside the house. But who? Who has been in his house? If it was a thief he would have stolen anything that deemed valuable, but all his jewelry was still on his desk in his bedroom. No one went through his drawers and no one took the five dollar bill that was lying near the sink. So who would be possibly do all these things?

 

“On there you are Sehun!”  Chen shouted as he entered the kitchen, startling the freaked out Sehun, and making him drop his mug.

 

Sehun had his hand over his heart and narrowed his eyes at Chen.

 

“Were you the one messing with everything in my house?”

 

Chen smiled but said nothing although there was no need for him to confirm anything since Sehun knew the moment he set his eyes on the other. Only Chen would pull these childish pranks.

 

“I swear to god Chen, if I had died of a heart attack, I would haunt you for the rest of your life.”

 

“Too bad you didn’t. It would be cool to have a ghost friend.” Chen said.

 

Sehun shook his head then look down at his shattered mug. He couldn’t but feel a bit shattered too. His favorite mug was now broken.


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So what brings you to my home today, other than trying to pull pranks on me.” Sehun asked after making Chen sweep up all the glass shards of the mug on the floor.

 

“I’m in trouble.” Chen said sadly. “Like in a lot of trouble.”

 

“No surprise there my friend, you’re always in trouble.” Sehun responded

 

“But why me?”

 

“Because you’re always looking for it. Messing with people and pulling pranks on others, how can you not expect to get into trouble?”

 

“I guess.” Chen admitted.

 

“So what trouble are you in now?”

 

“It involves my job.”

 

“Uh-oh.” Sehun said

 

“Uh-oh indeed.” Chen agreed.

 

“What did you do at work?”

 

“Well its more like what I didn’t do at work.”

 

Sehun gave Chen a questioning look.

 

“I haven’t been.......exactly....doing my......job.” Chen said awfully slow.

 

“Are freaking kidding me?”

 

Chen shook his head.

 

“Then what the hell are you doing for the whole 8 hours there then?”

 

Chen bit his bottom lip.

 

“Well?” Sehun pushed.

 

“I-I, might h-have been daydreaming a lot.”

 

“About what?”

 

“About s-someone.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“Is that someone, Xiumin?”

 

Chen blushed slightly and nodded.

 

“Are you ing kidding me? You think about him for 8 hours?!”

 

“Hey! I can’t help it. Its just that he’s so cute, especially his cheeks.”

 

Sehun shook his head in disprovement.

 

“And when he pouts its just like the most adorable thing ever.” Chen continued to gush.

 

“You know Xiumin has a complex about that.” Sehun reminded Chen.

 

“I know but how?! He’s so freaking precious. He looks like a squirrel and you know how much I love squirrels!”

 

“I get it but you know how much Xiumin hates being compared to squirrels and chipmunks. Which is why he probably he hates you.”

 

“I don’t care. I like teasing my little Baozi.”

 

Sehun stared at Chen.

 

“What?!” Chen shouted, annoyed by the way Sehun was looking at him.

 

“You are such a jerk.”

 

“Glad that you know.” Chen smiled brightly.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“Don’t be too surprised if Xiumin pulls a knife on you one day.” Sehun muttered.

 

“I won’t.” Chen said smugly. “Anyway, my boss is getting on my about my piling work. I need to find a way to stop thinking about Xiumin during work. Do you have any suggestions?” Chen asked.

 

Sehun touched his chin and hummed to indicate that he was deeply thinking.

Sehun snapped his fingers when an idea came to his head.

 

“Listen to music while working.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Usually music can keep you from thinking about too much and besides, studies say that music helps workers, get their job done faster without any distractions.”

 

“I bet you made that last one up.” Chen said.

 

Sehun smirked. “No I didn’t. Anyway thats the only thing I could think of right now. So either take it or leave it, troll.”

 

“Fine, I’ll try it. Thanks Sehun.”

 

“No prob.” Sehun then got up from his sit. “Now we have another problem on our hands.”

 

“Which is?” Chen asked.

 

“Where the hell is my coffee maker?” Sehun hissed.

 

“Oh.”

 

“Don’t ‘oh’ me. I will literally drop kick your if you don’t give me my coffee maker. I know you hid it, .”

 

“Yes I hid it. Its in your hallway closet. Now chill while I go get it. Its not like you can’t survive without coffee.”

 

“I can’t survive without coffee. Coffee is like water to me. I can’t live without.” Sehun said with the most serious expression.

 

“You have serious issues dude. I hope that you don’t get any health problems from drinking all that coffee.” Chen said as he disappeared into the hallway.

 

A few moments later he came back, carrying the machine with both arms.

 

“Here’s your precious baby, Sehun.” Chen said as he walked toward the other.

 

However before Sehun could grab it, Chen unexpectedly tripped over the chair’s leg causing him to let go of the machine, which hit the ground hard and broke into pieces.. It landed right in front of the Sehun.

 

Both of the boys froze, one scared that the other was going to murder him right then and there, and the other one too shocked to react at all.


Sehun slowly looked at Chen and made eye contact with him. Chen could already see the rage inside Sehun’s eyes but made no effort to run or talk. The kitchen was engulfed in a deathly silence.

 

Author's note.

This chapter was not proof-read but I'll do it later.

Oh sh*t someones in trouble! We all know how Sehun loves his coffee. 

Chen's trolling days might be over XD

Anyway, the next chapter is Sulay. Look forward to see what their problems are. Its pretty cute and funny. lol