Ch 17

How Can I Help You?

 

"I've come to a decision that I'm no longer going to waste my life away, sulking in bed all day, over the fact that Kyungsoo broke my heart into tiny little pieces."

 

"Well good for you."

 

"Shh! Luhan, let me finish."

 

"Oh....sorry."

 

Luhan coughed lightly into his hand to hide his small embarrassment. Kai did storm into the house, yelling for everyone to shut up and listen to his speech for a moment, before sitting down at the kitchen table.

 

"Anyway as I was saying, I'm not going to let Kyungsoo's rejection ruin my life. Since I've had a lot of time to think alone, in a dark room, I've realized that this isn't Kyungsoo's fault. Kyungsoo doesn't have to like me back in a romantic way. We've been friends for a long time, so we have a sort of a brother's relationship. No one likes their brother in such a ual way."

 

"Well that could be argued...."

 

"Luhan! Please stop interupting me!"

 

"I'm sorry. Please, continue."

 

"Kyungsoo sees me as nothing but a close brother and that's undertsnadable. I also learned that the situation right now isn't my fault either because I can't help who I fall for. It's perfectly normal to develop feelings for close friends bcause they're the ones that are always there for you and understands you on so many different levels. Not to mention that they accept you even for your flaws, mistakes and wrongdoings. I love Kyungsoo, with all my heart, and I don't want to be a burden for him."

 

"What are you trying to say, Kai?"

 

Kai looks down at his hands and sighs, deeply, as if he was trying his best to stay calm. He then says, in a slight shaky voice, "I'm going to move on and find someone else who can return my feelings. So Sehun, give me that guy's phone number you were talking about when I was here last time."

 

Sehun, who had an approving smirk on his face the entire time, began to clap. He was proud of Kai. Finally the boy can stop acting as if life wasn't worth living anymore and take life by the reigns and take control. Luhan was smiling, because like Sehun, he was both proud and happy for Kai.

 

Sehun slids a piece of paper to Kai, who quickly picks it up.

 

Aloud, he reads, "Congrats. You are on step closer to moving on. Although I don't entirely agree that Kyungsoo doesn't like you in a romantic way. (Kai rolls his eyes at that and mumbles, "I wish.") Nonetheless I still approve of your decision. Taemin is the guy's name and his phone number is on the back. So is his dance stuido's address." Kai flips the paper and hums in acknowledgement.

 

“So are you going to call soon?” Luhan asked, his curiosity getting the best of him.

 

“Most likely.” Kai smiled sadly. “I don’t want to, you know, chicken out at the last minute because even though my head is ready to move on, my heart is a bit more reluctant.”

 

“Kai….”

 

Before Luhan could even try to comfort Kai, the boy quickly excused himself, not wanting to be looked at with pity filled eyes, and went home to work up the courage to call the number of the boy that goes by the name of Taemin.

 

Luhan huffed and crossed his arms, feeling quite disappointed that Kai was not willing to be consoled by close friends.

 

Sehun rested his hand on Luhan’s back, thinking it was for the best to let Kai figure out things on his own.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Holy .” Kyungsoo ran into the house, his hand entangled in his hair, mouth just as wide open as his eyes. “I-It makes sense! Holy it all makes sense now! Sehun!”

 

 

Sehun groaned when he heard his friend’s annoying shrilling voice from his bedroom on the second floor. He was in bed with Luhan, who was fast asleep. Sehun, on the other hand, had been staring and lightly feeling the softness of Luhan’s exposed skin.

 

 

 

Just an hour ago, the two decided, well actually Luhan brought it up and Sehun went along with it because he would be an idiot to not take the opportunity to sleep with Luhan 2 days in a row (Pun fully intended),  to take a power nap so they wouldn’t fall asleep during their movie night.

 

 

 

Now Kyungsoo had to ruin Sehun’s erted fun, not that it’s not the first time any of his friends manage to bother Sehun at the wrong moments.

 

 

 

Sehun dragged himself down the stairs and grabbed the collar of Kyungsoo’s blue jean jacket and forced the hysterical boy to sit down, who was screaming holy repeatedly. It was honestly getting redundant.

 

 

 

“Will you shut it!” Sehun said as more of a demand than a question then bonked the older on the forehead. “Luhan is sleeping and I don’t want you waking him up.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his head and even though Sehun didn’t hit hard enough to cause any real damage, he wanted Sehun to feel at least a little guilty. “That really hurt.”

 

 

 

Sehun snorted. “I barely touched you. You are not getting any apologizes around here.” Sehun sat down and started to massage his throat.

 

 

“Why do you sound like that? Does your throat hurt?” Kyungsoo eyes narrowed at the way Sehun’s fingers wrapped his neck.

 

 

 

“A bit. I was outside in the cold for too long, so in result of it I caught a light case of hoarseness. It’s gotten better since this morning.” Sehun cleared his voice and then smiled. “Now putting my own problems aside, what the actual is yours?” Sehun folded his hands.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo eyes went big as a bug at the mention of his epiphany and shouted in shock, “Holy !”

 

 

 

“We’ve been through that already, so please if you don’t mind, get on with it.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

“Do you remember when you and Xiumin cornered me the other day about Kai’s confession and my feelings towards it?”

 

 

 

“How can I not? It was funny as hell.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo grumbled for a few seconds before continuing, “So ever since then, I’ve been thinking about my uality and how my step father was always such a prick about homouality-”

 

 

 

“Wait.” Sehun interrupted, raising his hand up as well.

 

Kyungsoo shifted his eyes in confusion. “What?”

 

 

 

“You’ve been ‘thinking’? Holy , no wonder you were freaking out. I hope this doesn’t mean the end of the world!”

 

 

“I’m being serious over here!” Kyungsoo screeched in annoyance. He couldn’t believe Sehun was being so childish at a time like this.

 

 

 

Sehun muffled a laugh, “Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself. Go on.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo deeply inhaled and exhaled before speaking again so he wouldn’t feel the need to punch Sehun in the face. “As I was saying, I was thinking - I swear to god Sehun if you keep snickering every time I say thinking, I’m going to rip your ing adam’s apple out - and it made me come to this conclusion. Maybe because of my step father’s non existent  tolerance for homouality, I was restricting that side of me because honestly, there were a handful of times I’d had an attraction towards man but I would just ignore them.  It doesn’t mean I don’t like women, oh god no, but I also like men too. So I’ve come to a conclusion that I’m a biual and I have already came into terms with it.”

 

 

 

“Wait. So your telling me that you are bi and you made this decision within less than a week.” Sehun asked skeptically.

 

 

 

“Look I know it sounds ridiculous.” Kyungsoo began.

 

 

 

“And it does.” Sehun added.

 

 

 

“But I’ve been thinking about it non-stop and it just made sense to me. I know you’re not going to believe me automatically but like I said before, I spent many hours pondering about it before coming to this answer. So I would appreciate it if you could support me.”

 

 

 

“That goes without saying but are you really sure?”

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

“Certain?”

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

“Positive? Definite?” Sehun pushed on.

 

 

 

“Are you serious?!” Kyungsoo exasperated. “Sehun, I just said that I was bi!”

 

 

 

“With a cherry on top?”

 

 

 

“Sehun that doesn’t even go with this type of scenario.”

 

 

 

“So does that mean you’re going to let Kai pop your cherry?”

 

 

 

“Sehun!” Kyungsoo whined like a 12 year old boy complaining about his mom kissing him in front of all his guy friends.

 

 

 

“Oh please. I was just curious. I mean this whole revelation happened because Kai wanted to be with you. Does this mean that there is a possibility that Kai could be a guy crush of yours?”

 

 

 

“Pssh! No. Of course not, that’s just crazy talk. You’re crazy.” Kyungsoo rambled but it was obvious to see that Kyungsoo was flustered.

 

 

 

“Oh, what was that? I couldn’t hear you over the BULL!” Sehun smirked.

 

 

 

“Fine! He was. A long, long time ago. Even before we became friends. I had a tiny little crush on him for a few weeks before becoming friends with him. However around the time we did became friends, I got myself a girlfriend and those feelings were just buried away for some time.”

 

 

 

“Whoa. So when Kai confessed, did it bring back those feelings?” Sehun asked.

 

 

 

“Of course it did! I mean at the time, I was confused. Like really confused when Kai said that he loved me because one, I just got my heart broken by my girlfriend of 6 months and two, an overwhelming feeling of my past feelings for Kai hit me pretty hard and it scared the out of me. The two combined, I just wasn’t ready for it. You know what I mean?”

 

 

 

“Absolutely. You were too ed up to accept the confession.” Sehun replied.

 

 

 

“I hate you.” Kyungsoo glared at Sehun, who smiled back in response.

 

 

 

“Nothing new, but don’t you think you should talk to Kai about it?” Sehun suggested.

 

 

 

 

“No! No ing way, I-I’m just not ready to be in a relationship right now and I’m positive Kai hates me anyway!” Kyungsoo pleaded.

 

 

 

“But he doesn’t -” Sehun was cut off as Kyungsoo went ballistic, ape and anything that relates to going berserk.

 

 

 

“YOU KNOW NOTHING!” Kyungsoo flipped the table over, with an sudden amount of  strength  and sprinted out the door as fast as he entered.

 

 

 

Now it was Sehun’s turn to be shocked because he never believed in a million years that Kyungsoo would just flip out like that. Kyungsoo was small. Kyungsoo was skinny. Kyungsoo stood for the definition of weak. Kyungsoo was definitely not, the hulk.  That’s why the first thing Sehun uttered after the shock wore off was.

 

 

 

“Holy .”



 

 

AN

Hey everyone. It's been a really really long time since I've updated and I hate it. Trust me I do. I do have a new laptop. Yay!

However, unfortunately I do not have any internet connection at home. I'm currently at my sister's apartment. 

The next time I update might not be until next week or until I get a wireless router. I'm sorry for the inconvience. But I hope you enjoy this chapter!