Ch 11

How Can I Help You?

Sehun woke up to a body hovering over his bed., His body freezes up and his heartbeat starts to quicken. With his vision still a little blurry he tries to make out the face of the person above him. However he didn’t need to see who it was when the person laid his hand on Sehun’s shoulders and began to speak.

 

“Sehun. Its time to get up. Don’t tell me you forgot that today is Saturday.” The voice belonged to Luhan, Sehun’s close friend.

 

Sehun let out his breath, not realizing that he was holding it all that time. He sat up while scratching the back of his head. He peered up and saw Luhan gazing at him with a smile on his face. He also noticed that the older male was wearing a straw hat, a white T-shirt and green khaki shorts and beige sandals. He looked as if he was ready to go on an adventure.

 

“Good morning sleeping beauty.” Luhan said after Sehun climbed out of bed.

 

“Good morning my prince. Did you wake me up with a kiss?” Sehun asked in a teasing tone. He walked over to Luhan and patted his straw hat.

 

“Of course m’lady.” Luhan bowed his head to hide the red showing on his face.

 

Sehun chuckled and just stood there for a minute before a thought came into his head.

 

“Hey, how did you get inside? I thought you didn’t like barging into my house?” Sehun asked.

 

Luhan crossed his arms and gave Sehun an annoyed glare. “I’ve been knocking and ringing your doorbell for the last half hour. Not to mention that I called you at least a zillion times so I had no choice but to enter the premises. But don’t worry Sehun, I won’t be doing that again. It made me feel like I was trespassing.”

 

“But you were.” Sehun said while staring at Luhan.

 

“Ah whatever Sehun! You were sleeping like you were in a coma so I had no choice.” Luhan turned his head away from Sehun. “And besides its Saturday and I promised that we would be doing something fun today.”

 

“Oh yeah, You did.” Sehun recalled what the other said a week ago.

 

“Since you remember go put on some clothes. I’ll go pack your things.” Luhan pushed Sehun out of the latter’s room and into the bathroom. Sehun knew that protesting was useless so he let Luhan drag him out of his room. “And here.” Luhan shoved some clothes into Sehun’s arms. Before Sehun could ask when did Luhan go through his drawers, the boy closed the bathroom door.

 

Sehun just sighed and prepared himself to take a shower. While he did that, in Sehun’s bedroom, Luhan was on the floor, pulling out a small black backpack from under Sehun’s bed.

 

He placed it on top of the bed and zipped it open. Luhan walked over to Sehun’s dresser and opened on of the drawers. He pulled out two pairs of underwear, swim trunks, a few polo shirts, and cargo shorts then stuffed them into the backpack. He then went into Sehun’s closet and took out flip flops and sandals then also threw them into the bag.

 

He stood in front of the bag, thinking what else he could put in there. Since Sehun liked to read, he might as well throw in a few books. Luhan ran downstairs and found a bookcase in the living room. He scanned all of the books and decided on the books that had the most interesting covers. As he went back upstairs, he saw Sehun stepping out of the bathroom with a towel on his head.

 

Sehun was wearing a blue polo shirt and brown cargo pants. He was still bare foot. His hair was still wet so he was drying it. He spotted Luhan coming up the stairs with a few books in his hands.

 

“Why do you have books?” Sehun asked, following the older back into his room.

 

“For you to read when you get bored thats why.” Luhan answered. He crammed them into the backpack and zipped. “Although, hopefully that won’t happen because I’m anything, but boring.” Luhan bragged and handed Sehun the small backpack.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and put on the bag, not even bothering to see what Luhan put inside. He was sure the other packed what he needed. That’s how much he trusted Luhan. “So what do you have planned?”

 

“Nothing.” Luhan replied. He went back into Sehun’s closet and pulled out navy blue shoes and set them in front of Sehun.

 

“What do you mean by nothing?” Sehun slipped on the shoes and looked at Luhan.

 

“I have nothing planned. Today we are going to be spontaneous and just walk around until something attracts out attentions.” Luhan smiled proudly at his idea.

 

Sehun snorts, thinking Luhan is acting like his old weird self. He then dodges Luhan’s fist that was aimed for his shoulder.

 

“Hey! I’m being serious here.” Luhan shouted. “Sehun you need to go with the flow and just relax today and have fun as well.” Luhan grabbed Sehun’s wrist. “Now lets go and do just those things.”

 

Sehun follows Luhan downstairs and walks into the kitchen. Sehun sees a green backpack on his kitchen table and assumes its Luhan and it is, as Luhan picks it up and swings it onto his back.

Luhan then picks up a water bottle and a cup of coffee that was hiding behind the back pack.

 

“I didn’t forget that you need your coffee in the morning.” Luhan gives the coffee cup to Sehun. He watches as Sehun takes his first sip. He sees a small smile appear on Sehun lips. “An Espresso Macchiato with two shots of caffeine, did I get the correct one?” Luhan winks at Sehun.

 

“You sure did.” Sehun said feeling awfully refreshed and ready to go.

 

“Then lets head out Sehun. A new journey that is yet to be written is waiting.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I can’t believe this is your idea of fun Luhan.” Sehun frowned and crossed his arms. He was standing next to the said boy, who was trying to choose between rainbow colored socks or the domo ones.

 

They were inside a clothes store which was inside a huge mall. This was their first stop as Luhan saw the mall when they were walking. Sehun was not a fan of shopping or the mall since it was always crowded with people. Sehun hated people being around a large quantity of people.

 

“Don’t be a party pooper. Its not like we’re going to be here all day. Well unless you want to?” Luhan asked in a hopeful voice. He, unlike Sehun, liked shopping and going to the mall.

 

“Only in your dreams Luhan.” Sehun answered flatly.

 

“Fine.” Luhan crouched down and laid down on the floor.

 

“What are you doing?! Get up.” Sehun nudged Luhan’s side with his foot.

 

“You said we can only stay here in my dreams so I’m trying to sleep.” Luhan mumbled before faking a snore.

 

Sehun scoffed. “Luhan you’re being so childish.”

 

“So what. You like this childish man.” Luhan retorted.

 

“I swear there is no winning with you.” Sehun threw up his hands in defeat.

 

Luhan got up the floor and smirked. “No there isn’t. So what do you think?” Luhan picked up the socks. “The rainbow ones or the domo ones?” He asked.

 

“The domo ones.” Sehun said without glancing at either of them.

 

“Why?” Luhan asked.

 

“Because they have your face on them.” Sehun tried to say without bursting out laughing but failed.

 

“Yah Sehun!” Luhan shouted and started to hit him with the socks.

 

Sehun only laughed harder and covered his face with his arms. “Don’t get mad at me that they use your face to endorse their socks.”

 

“You’re so mean!” Luhan put the domo socks back on the racket and decided to buy the rainbow socks instead.

 

While Luhan was paying at the cash register, Sehun waited near the exit. He was leaning on the wall when a girl with short bob and thick rimmed glasses walked up to him. She was carrying a small bag and looked up nervously at Sehun.

 

Sehun raised his eyebrow at the girl as she began to speak.

 

“U-Um excuse m-me, but a-are you O-Oh S-Sehun?” She stuttered.

 

“Yes that’s my name.” Sehun answered.

 

The girl’s eyes brightened as she pulled out a book out of her bag. The cover had a picture of the backside of a little boy holding a woman’s hand. Immediately Sehun knew the girl’s intentions. “T-Then you must b-be the same a-author of Mom.”

 

“Yes I am.” Sehun mustered up a professional smile. The girl was a fan of his. The book was published a year ago and it was the same book that caused Baekhyun to regularly clean his kitchen. “Are you fan?”

 

“Y-Yes! Can I-I have your a-autograph?” She asked.

 

“Of course. Do you have a pen?” Sehun grabbed the book.

 

The girl searched through her bag and found a pen for Sehun.

 

Sehun signed the inside cover of the book and thanked the girl for reading his book.

 

“Are y-you going to publish a-another book soon?” The girl asked as Sehun returned the book.

 

“In about 2 months.” Sehun answered. “I hope you look forward to it.”

 

“I-I do! I can’t wait for it. Hwaiting author-nim!” The girl waved goodbye and so did Sehun.

 

He had a smile plastered on his face for a few seconds before it disappeared. He was happy to meet a fan but he was never really much of the type to show it. He just felt it. And because of his cold demeanor his manager told him to always smile when fans are around so he wouldn’t seem arrogant. It was annoying at first but it became something he did automatically now.

 

“Who was that?”

 

Sehun turned around to see Luhan standing behind him. He was carrying a very small paper bag and he was smiling but from the look of his eyes he did not look happy.

 

“It was a fan, thats all.” Sehun replied. He noticed how the look in Luhan’s eyes disappeared. He looked relieved.

 

“That must be nice.” Luhan said.

 

“Yeah. Its nice to meet people who genuinely like your stories.” Sehun shifted a little. “So where are we going next?” Sehun changed the topic.

 

Luhan shrugged. “Dunno. So let’s walk around for a bit.”

 

“In the mall?”

 

“Yup.”

 

Sehun groaned but Luhan ignored it and dragged Sehun with him. While walking, Luhan chattered away about anything and Sehun just listened and nodded every once in awhile. 20 minutes after aimlessly walking around, a huge poster caught both of the boy’s attention.

 

It was hanging near the exit of the mall and it was very colorful. Across the banner it said “The Carnival is in Town! Only for this weekend so stop by and try out the rides.” Then on the bottom was the address.

Luhan grabbed Sehun’s arm a little violently and pointed to it. “Are we seeing the same thing Sehun?!”

 

“Depends. I’m looking at banner for a carnival. What about you?” Sehun responded sarcastically.

 

“Me too!” Luhan began feel giddy. “Let’s go!”

 

“Fine, but I don’t have any money on me. I left my wallet on my dresser.” Sehun told Luhan.

 

“Doesn’t matter, let’s go!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“OMG GOD YES!” Luhan shook in fist in the air. He was in line with Sehun, waiting for their turns to get their tickets. They’ve been waiting for almost an hour and they were next in line.

 

“Finally, I was beginning to think that we were never going to get our tickets.” Sehun said, relieved. “I hope this carnival is worth it.”

 

“I bet it is if so many people are here.” Luhan assured Sehun. He pointed to the hundreds of people in line.

 

“It better.” Sehun muttered under his breathe.

 

“Next!” The dull voice of the man at the ticket booth called.

 

Luhan and Sehun both walked up to the men.

 

“We would like to have two VIP ticket bands.” Luhan ordered.

 

“That will be 40 dollars.” The man grunted.

 

Luhan pulled out a familiar looking wallet and gave the man a 50 dollar bill. “Keep the change.” Luhan said.

 

“Gee, thanks mister.” The man said in a unenthusiastic voice. He put the money in the cash register then took out two rubber bands with the words Star Carnival carved in them.  “Here are your bands.” He gave them to Luhan. “ We here at Star carnival hope you enjoy your time here.”

 

“We will!” Luhan squealed.

 

The man rolled his eyes and called for the next people to come up.

 

Sehun glared at the man before following Luhan towards the park.  From what Sehun could see, the carnival was huge. Most likely occupying more than a few blocks. He could see food vendors set up everywhere and game vendors as well. There was a variety of different rides like roller coasters, ferris wheels, bumper cars, and tea cups.

 

Sehun could already see the fire in Luhan ignite. He knew that the older male was going to try every last ride in the carnival and Sehun was most likely going to be dragged along. Not that he mind too much.

 

Luhan interrupted Sehun’s thoughts when he gripped Sehun’s shoulders. “Are you ready Sehun?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said, are you ready Sehun?” Luhan repeated.

 

“For what?” Sehun asked even though he was beginning to understand.

 

“To have the best time of your life? To ride every last ride here? Even the Tilt-a-Whirl, the hurricane, the free fall and the fun slide?” Luhan asked. “Are you ready for that?”

 

“You’re scaring me.” Sehun said while trying to scoot away.


“You should be Sehun, you should be.”

 

 

 

A/N

Sorry for the long wait everyone. I got distracted, like always. I started watching this drama called a thousand kisses. I'm on the 4th episode and I'm so in love with all the characters. lol. Anyway it seems as if Sehun is stuck in a dangerous situation. Lets hope he'll get out of it alive. This is only the first part of the hunhun couple day out, I'll try to type up part 2 tomorrow or wednesday. 

P.s. I love you all my dear subscribers and readers!!!!!!!

Please comment if you can. I'll read every last one and reply to them all~