Ch 16

How Can I Help You?

After Yixing and Suho left to have their 11 o' clock brunch together, Luhan also left to retrieve the snacks for that night's movie event. With Sehun left alone, he did something he knew he shouldn't be doing. He was rummaging through the cabinets for coffee powder. Caramel Macchiato to be exact.

 

He was going to make himself a piping hot cup of coffee even though the doctor recommended that he shouldn't and how Luhan was going to throw a huge fit if he ever finds out.

 

Sehun, honestly, couldn't help himself. He finally got his new coffee maker, which he's been thinking about non-stop since Chen dropped it off earlier that day. He hadn't had a decent cup of coffee since his old coffee maker broke, so he was willing to worsen his sore throat and sit through one of Luhan's scoldings for it.

 

Since Sehun was a coffee addict it wasn't as much as he wanted coffee.  Rather it was the fact that he needed it in his system.

 

He needed to smell that bitter, but also sweet and alluring aroma that would soon fill his kitchen. He needed to taste the warm, creamy, and smooth liquid go down his throat and savor the delicious after taste.

 

He was going crazy just thinking about it.

 

When he finally found the powder hidden way back behind a can of oatmeal, he brewed himself a cup of coffee, plopped a cube of sugar in the cup, he sat down at the kitchen table and had his first sip of good coffee in ages.

 

It was as stimulating as Sehun remembered. He moaned in satisfaction just as the back door opened and someone entered.

 

With his euphoria being cut short, Sehun almost dropped his cup, afraid that Luhan was coming back earlier than expected and was going catch him in the act of betrayal. However Sehun let his breath go when the intruder was non other than Tao, looking as pissed as always about something going on his life.

 

"Oh hello Tao." Sehun greeted in a soft voice as it was all Sehun could muster up.

 

Sehun believed that since he was already going against the doctor's and Luhan's orders, he might as well as go all out and talk too.

 

"Were you just ?" Tao asked, his frown deepening.

 

"Was I?" Sehun smirked.

 

"Yes you were, you ert. Who the hell has a ing while drinking coffee?"

 

"Well you seem pretty peeved off." Then Sehun paused for a second and titled his head ever so slightly. "Then again, when aren't you?"

 

"Cut the Sehun. You know I'm not in the mood yet you continue to provoke me. That's not a good move seeing that I'm the one who knows kungfu here."

 

"Is that a threat, Tao?" Sehun laid is cup on the table. "Because if so, you can just exit the way you entered."

 

Tao scoffed at Sehun's empty threat and sat down at the table. "What the hell is wrong with your voice? Its sounds like you're whispering."

 

"I'm not trying to, believe me. I lost my voice last night because I had that thing with Luhan."

 

"Oh yeah! I remember you told me that. How was your guy's date?" Tao put his hand on his cheek.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. "It was not a date. Just two friends hanging out and having fun."

 

Tao howled at that one. "Sure, whatever you say Sehun."

 

"Anyway, " Sehun ignored Tao's laughter. "it was lovely. We went to the mall, then the carnival and hung out at the beach with another group of people. And guess what was the most amazing that I received?"

 

"Luhan's dic-"

 

"A glowing pen, you ing ert" Sehun pulled out the pen from his pocket, which was lighting up at that moment.

 

"Oh. That seems. cool. But seriously did you guys or not?" Tao eyed Sehun up and down.

 

"You're no better than Kris." Sehun mumbled under  his breath. "No we did not." Sehun put his pen down on the table and rolled it to Tao.

 

"Well I guess better luck next time then. It sounds like you had fun regardless. i wish I could've come, but I was busy shopping with Kris's girlfriend." Tao stopped the pen from rolling off the table with his middle finger and proceeded to roll it back and forth while smiling.

 

Oh that's interesting.

 

Tao mentioning Kris's girlfriend with a smile, that's almost unheard of.

 

"Ok, where is the real Tao and what have you done with him? Seriously what happened?" Sehun asked.

 

"Me and her kind of......became....you know.....friends." Tao cleared his voice and scratched his throat, making Sehun repeat the same action. "I actually talked to her without being so judgmental of her every gesture, words and you know, her existence. Turns out she isn't all that bad. We have a lot of things in common. we both love shopping at the same stores, the same food, same music and we both love to judge others. We even share the hate we have for Kris's habit of humming when he drives and flirtatious behavior with other women."

 

"Wow." Sehun was amazed. "I can't believe you guys actually became friends."

 

"Weren't you the one who told me to befriend her in the first place. Don't act all shocked." Tao threw the glowing pen at Sehun and shot daggers at him.

 

Sehun dodged the attack with a smirk.  "I know I did, but still. I thought it would take a while for you guys to get along since all you've done was talk bad about her for so long. But damn, it just took one conversation to change everything? Well I guess you aren't as thickheaded, stuck up, and stubborn as I originally thought. Good job Tao."

 

" you Sehun. I know you enough to know that was an insult sugar coated with some sort of lame compliment." Tao gave Sehun the middle finger then crossed his arms.

 

Sehun smirked and gulped down the rest of his coffee then proceeded to get up from his seat and clean up all evidence of him creating and drinking coffee.

 

Tao watched Sehun leave the room and come back with scented candles. He lit them up and opened the window from over the stove. He left again and returned again with mouthwash. "I almost forgot to ask. Why are you so angry if Kris's girlfriend, Yuri, isn't getting on your nerves?"

 

Tao snapped his fingers, glad that Sehun brought the question up.

 

"Kris is being an ."

 

"Is that really anything new?" Sehun began to gargle.

 

"Not really, but he's just ing and whining all the damn time......at me! Usually he doesn't complain about much other than he's tired of his girlfriend or  how he wants to bang this one girl at work, but doesn't want to cheat. You know, the typical bull."

 

Sehun nodded, agreeing with Tao.

 

"But lately, ever since me and Yuri been hanging, all he does is complain that all I do is hang out with his girlfriend and all Yuri does is hang out with me. Like, What the ? Its been like 2 days? No, 3 days since we've gotten along. Like seriously, its not even that big of a deal. But no, Kris got his in ing twist about it. He's acting all jealous and . Kris is acting  jealous! How crazy does that sound? Kris the ing womanizer is jealous even though he could care less if another guy flirts with his girlfriend right in front of him!"

 

Sehun spits out the mouthwash then says, " That's weird."

 

"I know! He was never jealous before when it came to his past girlfriends. Why now?" Tao sighed. "And then it hit me, maybe Kris is in love with this girl. Wait, give me a moment to explain, Sehun." Tao said as he saw Sehun looking at him as if he's crazy.

 

Yes Kris being in actual love is like a  joke, a hilarious one. The others would even use it when they drink together. But Tao was being serious about it.

 

"I know it's laughable and all, but I'm not kidding. Nowhere near it. I think.......she might be the one." Tao said the last one as if it was painful to say.

 

"Yeah, how can she not be? She's funny, witty, fashionable." Tao listed.

 

"And pretty, can't forget pretty." Sehun added, feeling like the moment they were having was like deja vu.

 

Tao eyes began to well up at that and smirked. "And she's a girl." Tao choked out before a tear escaped from his eyes.

 

"Oh, Tao." Sehun's heart drop and he swiftly made his way to Tao's side and began to massage Tao's back.

 

"Don't Sehun. Just don't say anything. Just let me talk, okay?"

 

Sehun nodded, understanding how hard it was for Tao to finally confide in him, and continued to make circular motions on Tao's back that made his younger friend feel relaxed.

 

"You know I always knew that Kris was important to me. I mean the moment I met him, he's all I ever thought about. Everything about him made me think of him. His eyes, his hair, his laugh, his smile, and his voice were just, you know, perfect. Even with his flaws, it only made him even more appealing. I just, I just didn't know that I was......" Tao then took a deep breath. "That I was in love with him." Another tear streamed down Tao's cheek, but this time he made sure to quickly wipe it away.

 

"But maybe I've always known. Maybe I just chose to ignore my feelings because I've always known that I'd never had a chance with him to begin with. He only likes girls. He would never see me in such a way."

 

"Don't say that Tao. I'm sure that you guys have a chance." Sehun spoke softly.

 

"Don't lie Sehun. It doesn't fit your character."

 

"I'm not. You know I don't say what I have doubt in." Which was true. Sehun hardly lied to his friends. Although there were some few occassions he had, but this was certainly not one of them.

 

"No, I already came to accept the fact that me and Kris are never getting together. Besides," Tao mustered up a smile. "If there was a girl Kris woud spend his life with, I'm more than happy to give him to Yuri."

 

Sehun searched in Tao's eyes. He couldn't tell besides the fact that Tao was hurting and miserable, if Tao really meant those words.

 

"Tao I-" Sehun began, but Tao cut him off.

 

"Really Sehun, it's alright. I just wanted to vent out my feelings that's all." And before Sehun could say anything else, Tao was out the door.

 

Sehun's eyes lingered at the back door, feeling an emotion of dread pass through him.

 

He wished that he could've helped soothe Tao a little more, but he was practically speechless and useless. He always had strong suspicions that Tao had a crush on Kris, but he was not ready for Tao to say that he loves Kris. Having a small crush and loving each other were on much different levels.

 

Sehun wasn't sure how to exactly help Tao, but he needed to talk to Kris to see if Tao and Kris had a chance at all. He hoped. Sehun just wanted the best for everyone.

 

As Sehun went back to his seat, something caught Sehun's eye.

 

His glow in the dark pen was one the floor, cracked. It must've broke when Tao threw it at him earlier.

 

Sehun sighed remembering that Tao is always bound to break something during his stay.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Are you ok? Ever since I've returned from the store you've been out of it." Luhan brushed a strand of hair away  from  Sehun's eye.

 

Sehun looks up at Luhan, his eyes telling Luhan something was bothering him. That he wanted to so badly to tell him about Tao's predicament.

 

Yet Sehun couldn't. He didn't think it would be right to tell anyone else about Tao's problem, even if he did trust Luhan more than anybody.

 

Luhan could tell that Sehun was conflicted, but was not willing to share. He softly pats the top of Sehun's head. "Its ok Sehun. You don't have to say anything, I understand. But remember, I'm here for you. Always."

 

Sehun flashed Luhan an apologetic smile.

 

Luhan returned it.

 

"So we have our snacks now. So in about 4 hours we'll be stuffing our mouths with junk food and you clinging onto my arm screaming like my 3 year niece." Luhan continued to joke to lighten the mood.

 

Sehun softly guffawed. "Haha. Very funny. Oh and also, if you haven't noticed, that was sarcasm." He thought.

 

"Oh I've noticed." Luhan winked.

 

Slam!

 

Luhan jumped up 2 feet in the air at the sudden loud noise. Sehun and Luhan turn to find Kris pulling out a chair in an angry manner, grumbling and finally sitting down.

 

Uh-oh. A mad Kris is never a good sign.

 

Sehun and Luhan gave each other a look to show that they were both wondering what was eating Kris up. Although Sehun had an idea, it was still startling to see Kris act so hostile.

 

"Um, hello Kris." Luhan greeted as cheerfully as possible.

 

Kris looked Luhan up and down. "Why are you here?" Kris might have meant to say it so rudely, but it came out that way. Luhan kept a smile on his face, but Sehun saw the corners of Luhan's lips twitch.

 

"I'm here because just like you Sehun is my friend and him being my friend I like to hang out with I have permission to hang out at his place anytime I want. Is that a problem for you?" Luhan responded.

 

Kris saw how Luhan was looking at him and felt a chill climb up his back. He knew that saying something snarky back will only get him in further trouble so he stayed quiet.

 

"As you must know, Sehun can't talk. He lost his voice today." Luhan sat down next to Sehun and wrapped his arm around Sehun's neck.

 

"I really don't care. I just need to talk to someone right now." Kris muttered.

 

"Rant away." Luhan slightly narrowed his eyes, getting a little bit impatient with Kris's attitude. Although its no surprise Kris can be a douche when he's angry. Luhan tries to see the good in people, but Kris was testing that.

 

"Ok first of all. Tao and Yuri are hanging out way too much."

 

"Wait." Luhan immediately cut Kris off. "Are talking about your girlfriend Yuri? Or someone else?" Luhan asked.

 

"Why the hell would their be any other Yuri?" Kris didn't sound pleased that he was cut off.

 

"Well me and Sehun met another girl by the name of Yuri yesterday. I was just making sure we were on the same page." Luhan smiled sweetly and battered his eyes. Sehun was holding back a laugh and Kris was certainly not amused.

 

"Anyway, as I was saying before being rudely interrupted," Kris referred to Luhan. "My girlfriend and Tao have been stuck to the hip  for the past 3 days and its getting on my nerves. All they do is talk to each other, hang out with each other, go shopping together they even ing yell at me for the littlest things together. I mean its was enough all ready when they both did it separately, but now that they're double teaming me, it's 10 times worse."

 

"I'm also pissed that they have no time for me anymore. Its like I don't exist. Especially Tao. Like when the hell has Tao ever gotten along with any of my girlfriends? Come on, guess." Kris urged the two.

 

"Um.....never?" Luhan answered unsurely.

 

"Exactly!" Kris's voice boomed louder than expected. Luhan jolted closer to Sehun. "Never! Tao has never gotten along with any of my girlfriends. Because you know why?" Kris urged the two to speak again.

 

Sehun was thinking that Tao was really jealous of the girls that Kris dated.

 

"Because he hated them?" Luhan spoke instead.

 

"Yes! He. ing. Hated. Them." Kris pounds his hand on the table with each word. "And you know what? I kind of hated most of my past girlfriends too. The only reason  I was with them was because of the . None of them were up to par with me or we were just never compatiable. Tao knew these things thats why he always talked bad about them until I realize that I could do so much better than them.

 

Not that ing long ago Tao was talking about Yuri, but now it's turned a 180 and all he does is talk about me. I'm very  pissed at that. My girlfriend and my best friend should not be getting along, at all. And it's not  fair that I'm not able to even spend time with him anymore. We used to spend more than half of the day together. We did all kinds of stuff  together, but now he barely has anytime to even stay around for more than 20 minutes! God I should just ing break up with her. I'm not kidding either. I'm not waiting because I'm beginning to realize that I should've dumped her long ago because it wouldn't have presented that monstrosity that Yuri and Tao call a friendship."

 

Kris finished by taking a deep breath and crossing his legs in a dramatic manner. Sehun and Luhan stared at Kris, trying to process all of what Kris just said to them.

 

Luhan was confused, but he also understood what Kris was coming from. He knew that Kris missed hanging out with his buddy and all, but did that really have to set of Kris to the point that he wants to dump Yuri for good.

 

Sehun, believe it or not, was dying in the inside, of laughter of course. Kris was known to become grumpy and agitated when he didn't get his way, but this, he just sounds like a 5 year old whining about the fact he has to share his favorite toy or something. Also, Sehun was happy.

 

Maybe not for himself because Sehun knew that Kris was going to ruin his mood with his endless bickering, but he was happy for someone else.

 

He was happy for Tao because Kris sounded not jealous of Tao for  hanging out with Yuri,his extremely attractive girlfriend,  but jealous of Yuri for spending time with Tao, his best friend in the whole wide world.

 

And that one little detail meant a lot to Sehun.

 

 

 

 

A/N

I know it's short. Pretty short.

Well what can you do? I really didn't have much planned out for this chapter unfortunately but this isn't the end of Taoris.

So how have you guys been doing? How's life?

Well for me, it's been alright. School as usual and I have to get ready for the ACTs. Nothing really new....

Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll to update this weekend, unless an odd and sudden strange feeling of laziness casts over me and keeps me from typing. (You know what I'm talking about )

Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!