Ch 2

How Can I Help You?

 

 

Sehun woke up at 6am in the morning to his kitchen’s drawer slamming, echoing from downstairs. Still tired and drowsy from waking up, Sehun slowly made his way downstairs not scared in the least that maybe a robber had broken into his house. Sehun knew better than that. It was most likely one if his friends  trespassing in his house again. But Sehun was curious which one of his friends that would actually be up at this time. As he came closer to the kitchen he heard the kitchen’s faucet running and dishes clanking together. Wait is someone doing his dishes?! Only ONE person would do this.

 

Sehun entered his kitchen to see the backside of young man with brown hair. He was wearing a white long sleeve sweater and blue jeans He was facing the sink and sure enough he was cleaning Sehun’s dirty dishes while wearing yellow rubber gloves.

 

“Good morning Baekhyun.” Sehun said while yawning.

 

“Good morning Sehun.” Baekhyun said, without even turning around. “Did you get a good nights sleep.”

 

“Not really.” Sehun responded.

 

“And why’s that?”

 

“My sleep was disturbed by someone noisily washing my dishes at 6am in morning”

 

Baekhyun stopped for a second. “Sorry about that, I just couldn’t stand seeing the dirty plates and pots sitting out while I was waiting for you. I tried to resist but I gave in.”

 

“You are such a neat freak.”

 

“Rather be clean than dirty.” Baekhyun said as he continued to scrub a glass cup.

 

Sehun shook his head and smiled a bit as he made his way to the counter with a coffee maker sitting on top of it. He knew how Baekhyun was about hygiene and keeping a tidy place. Baekhyun was the kind of person that felt the need to clean or fix anything that is dirty or out of place. He was just born that way and has always been that way since Sehun met him in middle school.

 

By the time Baekhyun finished washing the dishes, sweeping the floors and wiping the counters, Sehun had already had a cup of coffee, had a quick shower, was fully dressed and sitting at the kitchen’s table with the morning’s newspaper.

 

Baekhyun slid into the wooden chair and waited for Sehun to put down his paper. Sehun could tell by Baekhyun’s expression that he was anxious and had a lot to say. He already knew why too. It was because of a certain someone that manages to make Baekhyun go crazy.

Sehun slowly folded the paper and set it down on the Kitchen table. Before Sehun could even open his mouth to tell Baekhyun to go ahead, the said boy already bursted.

 

“I’m am so done with that guy I swear! All he does is lay around the house and make a mess! I feel like I’m a mother cleaning after her 4 year old child! He’s 21 years old for god sake! Like seriously! Who does he think he is?! Every freaking day I have to tell him to stop leaving empty dishes around and leaving his dirty clothes everywhere. But he does that anyway. Argh! That nerve of that guy. I’m his roommate not his freaking maid!”

 

Baekhyun ranted on and on, without  stopping to catch his breath. And Sehun let him, already used to how Baekhyun’s rants were. Never stopping until he gets it all out. It was a daily thing for Baekhyun to come over and let out all his frustrations, anger and stress out, which all involved  Baekhyun’s roommate. As said before Baekhyun is a clean freak while on the other hand,  his roommate was anything but clean.

 

Sehun watched as Baekhyun failed his arms everywhere, grab his hair as if he was so frustrated that he wanted to pull it out, and bang his fist on the table.

 

“And you know what he told me yesterday when I scolded him for using my toothbrush. MY TOOTHBRUSH! He told me that I should stop being so high strung and act less like his mom. That he moved out from home to get away from her, not to get another one! That prick is such an ! Has he ever thought that I nagged him to clean everything up so our apartment won’t look like a freaking pigsty? I guess not because he’s being too freaking childish and selfish! Argh!” Baekhyun ended with a small exasperated scream.

 

Sehun waited a few seconds to make sure that Baekhyun was completely done to say something. It seemed Baekhyun was.

 

“You’re done?” Sehun asked, once again making sure because Baekhyun had a habit of restarting again as he thought more of his roommate.

 

“Yes I’m done.” Baekhyun sighed and sat back in the chair. “Do you have some orange soda, by the way?”

 

“Yeah I do..” Sehun got up from his seat and went to the refrigerator and took out two cans of orange soda.

 

He walked back to his seat and handed one of the sodas to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun mumbled a thanks and chugged down the drink.

 

“Sorry about that Sehun.” Baekhyun apologized after a while.

 

“Naw, I’m already used to it.”

 

“I know its just that only he could make me so mad. I swear he must love getting on my nerves on purpose. And then I come to you to rant about him. I know I can be a bother. Especially when I come early in the morning.”

 

“Its ok. You have to vent out someway. Keeping it in will mostly likely kill you. Besides,” Sehun paused to smirk at Baekhyun. “Watching and hearing you yell is quite entertaining.”

 

Baekhyun smiled back and looked at the clock.

 

“I better get going. I have to wake him up for work.” Baekhyun said as he got up.

 

“I don’t understand why you need to wake him up. Doesn’t he have a alarm clock?”

 

“Yea, he does but he always end up breaking them by throwing them to the wall then he goes back to sleep. Do you know how many alarm clocks he’s been through?”

 

Sehun waited for the number.

 

“More than I could count.” Baekhyun finally said. “And I should start cooking breakfast for him as well. He never eats unless you make him, ya know?”

 

Sehun watched as Baekhyun grumble about whether he should scramble the eggs or make an omelet.

 

“Well I’ll be going Sehun. See you later.”

 

Sehun did a small wave as he said “Say hi to Chanyeol for me.”

 

Baekhyun stopped halfway out the door and turned around with a smile on his face.

“Of course Sehun.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“SEHUUUUUUUUUUUN!” A loud voice boomed from Sehun’s back door.

 

Sehun at the time was making him another cup of coffee. He rolled his eyes as he recognized the familiar voice. He plopped in two cubes of sugar into his cup and walked over to his usual spot at the kitchen table.

 

A tall man with walnut colored hair entered the home. His eyes were dark brown and they were filled with perhaps anger or annoyance. Sehun wasn’t too sure which one.

 

“What is it Chanyeol?” Sehun didn’t hide the irritation that dripped from his mouth of Chanyeol’s entrance.

 

It wasn’t that Sehun didn’t like Chanyeol, its just Chanyeol always visits at the wrong time. Like when he’s at a good part in a book or when he has killer headache. It never fails when it comes to Chanyeol. Like right now, Sehun has misplaced his cell phone and can’t find it anywhere. He tried to call it but remembered that he put it on silent because he didn’t want to be bothered with his editor about his deadline.

 

As an author, and a quite well known one, his editor was always calling him all the time to check up on the progression with Sehun’s new novel he’s been writing up.  Anyway it was one of those times again and Sehun was mad at himself for being so irresponsible which he rarely is.

 

Chanyeol stomped all the way to Sehun and dropped onto the chair right next to Sehun, unfortunately for Sehun.

 

“Sehun you don’t even know how angry I am right now.” Chanyeol pouted.

 

“Oh let me guess. How about a lot?” Sehun said.

 

“Yes I am.”

 

“Is this about Baekhyun?” Sehun said while taking a slow slip of his coffee, letting the warm liquid go smoothly down his throat.

 

“How did you know?!” Chanyeol looked at Sehun with surprise.

 

Sehun wanted to backhand Chanyeol at that moment.

 

“ Oh I don’t know, maybe because thats the only person who manages you to get so mad that you come over here to talk about him.” Sehun said dryly.

 

“Oh yea.” Chanyeol laughed at himself for a minute before remembering that he was suppose to be mad not happy.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. He knew Chanyeol was another friend  of his that was kind of slow, but Chanyeol was the one that made it so embarrassingly obvious he was.

 

“Do you know what that guy did though?!” Chanyeol yelled, making Sehun cringe because he was right next to the shouting boy.

 

“No, I don’t. Feel free to tell me, though, in a less louder voice.”

 

“That neat freak had the nerve to yell at me yesterday just because I used his toothbrush on accident. Its not like I did that on purpose. I’ve had that blue toothbrush for years and I mistaken his for mines. That guy is always replacing his toothbrushes 2 times a month because they “get too dirty and unhygienic”. Pssh! Why would he get a blue toothbrush knowing darn well that I have one identical to it. He thinks that I wasn’t disgusted to find out I was using his! Of course I was, I might not be the cleanest person but even I have my limits! I don’t get that guy at all. He acts too much like my mom, I swear! Always nagging me like I’m his kid. I’m a grown man, and I can take care of myself.”

 

Sehun nodded every once in awhile. Not really paying too much attention to Chanyeol. He was practically hearing the same thing he heard from Baekhyun earlier that day but only in Chanyeol’s version.

 

When Chanyeol finally calmed down he looked around the kitchen.

 

“Hey Sehun do you have any orange soda?” Chanyeol asked, having a sudden craving for it.

Sehun chuckled to himself.

 

“You guys are so alike.” Sehun said while getting out of the chair.

 

“Who?” Chanyeol asked curiously.

 

“You and Baekhyun of course.” Sehun grabbed the last orange pop from the fridge, making a mental note to buy some more, and threw it to Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol caught it with no problem.

 

“What do you mean that we’re alike. We’re different like day or night.”

 

“Sure, it seems like that at first but the things you guys do are so similar.”

 

“How?” Chanyeol said with more interest in Sehun’s statement.

 

“For example, you both love orange soda.” Sehun said first.

 

“But who doesn’t love orange soda? Its the greatest creation to be ever made.” Chanyeol scoffed.

 

Sehun couldn’t help but smile a little at Chanyeol’s goofiness.

 

“Also you guys love to shout and act overdramatic.” Sehun added.

 

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Chanyeol flipped his nonexistence long hair.

 

“Also you guys have a similar way of talking.”

 

Chanyeol gave Sehun a I-don’t-believe-a-word-you-are-saying expression.

Sehun decided to give up on the hopeless and clueless Chanyeol.

 

“So are you done ranting yet.” Sehun asked.

 

“Yes, I suppose I am.” Chanyeol said as he finished up his drink.

 

“Good. Now go, I’m busy right now.”  Sehun pointed to the door.

 

“Whoa you want me out that badly.” Chanyeol said in a hurt voice.

 

“Yes because I was doing something before you interrupted me.” Sehun said flatly.

 

“But you were making coffee.”

 

“Coffee calms me down when I’m doing something.” Which was true.

 

“Fine I’ll go, I should be going anyway. Baekhyun is cooking pasta tonight. I bet it’s going to yummy.” Chanyeol jumped out of the chair and gave Sehun a quick hug.

 

“Bye Sehunnie.”

 

“Don’t call me that.” Sehun said as he pushed Chanyeol out the door.

 

“But it fits you.” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Whatever. Call me that again, don’t even think of coming here when you need to vent.”

 

“Aw you’re so mean.” Chanyeol wiped an invisible tear away.

 

Sehun responded by telling Chanyeol to say hi to Baekhyun for him before slamming the door in his face.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

 

Here is the 2nd chapter everyone! I would like to think my 12 subscribers! I will not let you guys down, I promise!

Anyway, this the Chanyeol and Baekhyun chapter. I put them as friends that always bicker about eachother. lol

I believe the next chapter is about Tao and Kris. (one of my fav OTPs) So look forward to it! ^.^