My Handsome Singing Partner

Not one, not two, but twelve

Me and D.O walked out of cooking class laughing. "D.O I didn't know you could cook." D.O laughed embarrasly and looked at me. "We're a big group. There's twelve of us and no one knows how to cook. We can't just eat instant noodles all the time. I taught myself to cook for my hyungs." I smiled at D.O. I've spent three days with the guys and never knew their back ground. I just trusting my father's decision. "Why are you a big group?" D.O looked at me and hesitated to answer me. "Noona I need to get to class. Bye." I watched D.O leave and sighed.

 

I walked into the classroom and a crowd of people were crowding around something. I shrugged and walked to my position. I looked at my paper and hummed the lyrics. The crowd cheered loudly and I looked up. Whatever they were surrounding it sure made the girls scream. I looked back at my paper trying to get the beat right. 

"Noona?" I looked up and saw Lay. 

"Lay? What are you doing here?" Lay walked away from the crowd and walked over to me. 

"I have singing class noona."

"Oh I see." Lay smiled and looked at my paper. 

"Noona that's a good song. Can I sing it with you?" I looked at Lay and then at the twenty angry faces.

"Are you sure you want to sing with me? I'm not the best singer in class."

"Yeah Sica isn't the greatest singer." Lay and me looked at the girl who spoke. She stepped foreword and looked at me angrily. "Why would you want her as your partner? You're better off with one of us." Lay looked at the girl and shook his head.

"I only want Sica as my partner. To me she sings better than all of you." Then the teacher came in and looked at us.

"Lay if that's what you think then how about you and Sica start us off." Lay and me looked at the teacher. Lay turned around and looked at me. "Noona. You can do this. Take a deep breath and have fun." I looked at Lay and then everyone else. I shook my head and Lay smiled. He grabbed my hand and I looked at him. "Noona it's ok. I'm here for you. I won't let go until we're done singing."

The teacher started the music and Lay got ready to sing.

 

Lay:
I feel like it’s been a long time
Since I liked you in secret
With worries that I might get caught
I contemplate by myself
whether or not I should tell you
Do you know how I feel?
Or are you pretending not to know?
Can’t you just play hard to get for a little while
And then accept my heart – can’t you?
My love, my love
Please open your heart to
me now, I ask of you
So that I won’t get tired
from waiting and fall down
Hold my hand
 
Sica:
Even if I chat with people,
all day I think of you
What can I do to express
my heart to you?
It’s just one person – you
My love, my love
Please open your heart to
me now, I ask of you
So that I won’t get tired
from waiting and fall down
Hold my hand
 
Lay:
Because I love you so much
Because I like you so much
Please don’t turn your head from me
Please accept my heart now
I’ll make you happy forever
I want to be with you
Can’t you come to me?
 
Sica:
My love, my love
Please open your heart to
me now, I ask of you
The person more
precious than my own life
I love you – till the end of this world
Will you be with me?
 
the music ended and everyone clapped with teary eyes. 
"Wow sica that was amazing!"
"You have an amazing voice!
"Lay you and Sica have such beautiful voices!"
 
Lay looked at me and smiled. I smiled back at him and looked at the teacher.
"Everyone is right. You two made an outstanding performance. You both harmonize so well. In the future you both will make great idols if that's your dream. I'll make you two partners from now on." I looked at Lay and smiled at him. Lay hugged me happily and I hugged him back. "Noona you were amazing!" I laughed and thanked Lay. We broke away from the hug and laughed. 
"Are you two dating?" Me and Lay looked at the girl.
"We're not dating. Why do you say that?" The girl pointed at our hands and I looked down. We were still holding hands. I tried to pull away, but Lay held onto it tighter. "What's wrong with holding your girlfriend's hand?" I looked at Lay confused and in shock. Did he really just say I was his girlfriend? The bell rang and everyone left.
 
"Noona? Are you mad?" I looked at Lay and shook my head.
"I'm not mad. I'm just confused. Why did you tell everyone I was your girlfriend?"
"Noona they treated you badly. If they found out I was holding your hand because you were scared. They would treat you more badly." I looked at Lay and he was being sincere. I smiled at him and nodded. What could I do? He was only trying to help me. Then I saw Donghae coming toward us angrily. "Lay I forgot my paper in class. Can you get it for me?" Lay nodded and walked away. Donghae saw him leave and followed him, but I blocked his way. "Hae why are you so angry?" 
"Why am I angry? That kid thinks he can stay with you and call you his girlfriend? I'll teach him to respect you." He started to walk, but I blocked him again. "Hae. He helped me and he's really nice. He's never disrespected me before." Donghae looked at me both shocked and angry. "You like being called his girlfriend! I can't believe just because twelve guys stay with you, you enjoy everything they do! This morning and now this?"
"You hold my hand before and we're not dating. So what's wrong with someone else does it too!"
"Then in the future I won't hold your hand again." Donghae walked away and I began to cry. Lay came toward me and I wiped my tears. I closed my locker door and smiled at him. "Noona. Ready for lunch?" I nodded and walked with him to lunch.