Things Get Worse Before They Get Better

Hey There, Brace Face!

What are you doing with my bag?” Chan snatched the bag from Soonyoung's hands, quickly pulling it into his arms as if he were protecting the precious contents of his bookbag, “You know what, I'm going now,”

He couldn't believe it, he was gone for less than ten minutes and he came back to Soonyoung snooping around where his nose didn't belong. It's not like he had anything to hide, no, but Chan just didn't like it when people were looking through his stuff. Same went with his laptop and phone. There wasn't anything bad he hide on them, but having someone else's eyes that weren't his poking around in his personal belongings made it awkward. Plus, they might come across something that they could use against him and that would just be devastating. Grabbing his books from the table, he stuffed them into his backpack hoping for a quick getaway.

Still a bit dazed from Chan's sudden reaction, Soonyoung boringly sat there with his brain trying to register what he had just found. When he heard the rustling of Chan's papers coming from the side, he rose up from his seat and stepped in front of Chan, blocking the younger boy from getting away. A sharp pain stung the back of his neck at the quick transition of positions, but he just ignored it and fixed his stone cold eyes on Chan's panic-stricken ones.

Chan had no idea what Soonyoung was getting all worked up about, but it was evident that Soonyoung wasn't in the brightest mood. His eyes wandered up at the older boy's distressed, weary face. Soonyoung's eyebrows were closely knit together as he heavy breathed in and out from the small gap between his partly opened lips. His usually fully buttoned up collar was ed by two like the other students kept their collars. Chan's eyes widened underneath the fringe slightly covering his eyes when Soonyoung's hands balled up into a loose fist.

Where did you get that?” Soonyoung managed to say with a raspy, throaty voice.

It took Soonyoung all of the remaining energy in his body to keep himself from exploding right then and there. In fact, if he hadn't been bogged down by the medication he had taken that morning, he would have been standing upright instead of slouching. Raising an eyebrow up at him, Chan slung his backpack over his shoulder, slipping his arms through the straps. His backpack was strangely light since there were no longer textbooks to weigh him down. Taking a step back, Chan cautioned himself, “What are you talking about?”

You know exactly what I'm talking about, Lee Chan!” the other irritatingly snapped in a tone much louder than he had used before. This attracted the attention of a few of their female schoolmates, making them decide to move down a table as to not get involved with the fighting. Soonyoung took a step closer, while Chan took another one back, “Tell me, where did you get that watch?”

It took Chan a moment to realize what Soonyoung was yelling about. The watch? Surely it was the one he had found yesterday in their classroom – but what did Soonyoung have to do with it? There was no way it was Soonyoung's since the boy didn't even have any business wandering around in their classroom in the first place. Chan looked down at the floor as Soonyoung continued to interrogate him, repeating the same question over and over. Finally getting fed up with him, Chan threw his head up and yelled back, “Why do you care?! It's not yours!”

This pretty much snapped the last thread Soonyoung was holding desperately on to. With the blood rushing to his head like a vein had popped, his arm instantaneously flew from his side, slender fingers curling around the younger boy's shirt collar. It was like his body was running in the other direction than his mind. Even Soonyoung was scared by hat he was doing. But he found himself unable to let go, and urged on. The air in Chan's lungs escaped when he felt himself being lifted up so his heels were no longer touching the ground. Grabbing at Soonyoung's hand at his collar, Chan held himself up to keep himself from slipping. His could feel the cloth tightening at his neck as Soonyoung's grip tightened. Although his mouth was open, Chan found himself unable to call for help. He was frozen in place.

Hyung, what are you doing? Let him go!” a frantic voice shouted from behind Soonyoung, surprising the older boy into letting Chan go.

Scrambling to regain his balance, Chan backed away but only to feel the chill stone wall against his uniform blazer. Taking in a deep breath, Chan was relieved to see that Jihoon had come to his rescue. He watched the shorter senior comfortingly holding Soonyoung by the upper arms, asking him if he was okay. Jihoon proceeded to feel Sonoyoung's forehead, knowing that his best friend got a little edgy especially when he was sick, “Dude, calm down. You're just a bit tired, that's all,”

Jihoon, I swear to God, let me go,” Soonyoung argued as he struggled to get out of Jihoon's constricting hold while Jihoon continued to attack his face with his hands. Eventually, Soonyoung managed to shove Jihoon off but instead of running at Chan, he stayed put and glared at Jihoon, “Chan has it,”

How do you know that's it, hyung?” Jihoon whispered back, placing a hand on Soonyoung's chest, lightly patting it to keep Soonyoung under control. He had learned from Choyoung that whenever she did that, Soonyoung wouldn't lash out no matter how annoyed or pissed off he might have been. He peered over at Chan who was still trembling in the corner, “Besides, for all we know that could have been something else,”

Soonyoung shook his head, “But I saw it with my own eyes, that's really it!”

You tend to get a bit crazy and start hallucinating when you're sick, you know,” Jihoon reminded him of the old wive's tale that proved to be wrong on some rare occasions. He breathed out a sigh of relief when Soonyoung seemed to be responding well to him, “There you go, feels better doesn't it?”

Jihoon hyung is right, you're probably just jumping to conclusions,” Chan called out from his spot, earning an ounce of confidence back into his system once he saw Soonyoung starting to retreat, “Like you always do,”

Now that Jihoon had calmed down the older boy's nerves, he thought it was a good opportunity to slip out of there unharmed and dash to the classroom as fast as his short legs could carry him. Coolly, he approached the two with a smug look on his face. Jihoon was trying his best to hold the eldest back from charging at Chan. Soonyoung's blood was boiling; Chan could almost see the smoke coming out of the boy's ears as his face turned a deep red from frustration. It was true that Soonyoung often jumped to conclusions, but usually there was a reason to. Of course, no one really looked into it because they thought he was just acting up again. Once Chan was beside the two, he could see Soonyoung's nostrils were flaring. So this is what it was like to have power. It felt good to provoke the older boy's emotions. Once he was safely off the platform, he glanced over his shoulder, “And Choyoung's told me before that's what she hates about you,”

Why you little-” Soonyoung harshly shoved Jihoon off him with his elbow, pushing up his blazer sleeve just about ready to land one right in Chan's face, “Take that back!”

Seeing Soonyoung's exposed wrist, Chan's eyes widened at the picture perfect copy of the watch he had in his backpack securely wrapped around Soonyoung's wrist. His eyebrows furrowed together; Soonyoung couldn't have snatched it from his bag, he saw it in there when he was stuffing his papers back inside. He brought his eyes back down to take another peek at the watch Soonyoung was wearing, but Jihoon had already pulled Soonyoung's sleeve down, trying to talk him back into stopping. Quickly turning around, Chan darted off to the homerooms.

Why does Soonyoung have one too?” Chan wondered out loud to himself once he was in the clear.

There were other students who were sitting around in the hallway since there were no more seats in the courtyard available. They all ignored Chan since they had better things to do with their time than watch their classmate walk down the hallway staring at the watch he had in his hand. Turning the watch in his hands, Chan examined the exterior to see if there was a name or anything so he could return it to the rightful owner. If Soonyoung had one of his own, then it obviously wasn't Soonyoung's. Chan cocked his head to the side and stared at the big 74 written on the face. The time and date were wrong too so it was obviously broken. It must have gotten jumbled around in his backpack, or broke when he dropped his bag on the floor that morning. Either way, it wasn't working anymore.

But if hyung was so worried about it, then it's probably really important to him,” he continued, “But it's just a watch. Well, that but there's a giant seventy-four on it,”

It wasn't anything that he had seen before. Usually there were a lot of fancy buttons and plates on the watches nowadays, except this time it was a pretty basic watch. All it had was a band and the digital face itself. It wasn't fancy but at least it told time...and whatever else that 74 measured, it told that too. Stopping at his locker, he took a seat below it and rested his arms on his knees to look at it against the light. Maybe there were secret engravings on it or something. To his dismay, it was clean of any markings sending him back to square one. Chan dug into the depths of his mind to think of a connection to Soonyoung and the watch. After that episode earlier, Chan was dying with curiosity to learn what was the story behind the watch.

I found it on the lab table, so it belongs to someone in our class,” he recited under his breath as he closed his eyes tightly, “Choyoung and I were the last people in the classroom. She took something off after I took over the keyboard...that's it!”

Slowly opening his eyes, Chan looked back down at the watch. The scene when Choyoung was cracking her wrists replayed in his head. He tried to remember what it was that she took off, but all he could remember was that it was long, and dark – like the watch. He thought back to when they said goodbye to each other at the school gates; there was no bump under her blazer like there usually was. A smirk played on his lips as he slipped it inside his pocket to keep it from landing in unwanted hands, “So Soonyoung and Choyoung share a couple item, huh?”


Second year students, ten minutes left until the Algebra Two exam is over!”

Stirring in his sleep, Soonyoung adjusted his head against the desk, cringing when his neck strained from changing positions. His head was no longer resting on his folded arms, but was now laying on the makeshift bed of his test papers. Cracking his eyes open, he winced when the bright white classroom lights attacked his eyes. He considered going back to sleep since the teacher said there were fifteen minutes left until he felt a hand tap on his shoulder.

Mister Kwon, I suggest you stop napping and actually start your exam,” Mr. Jun advised Soonyoung with a sarcastic tone in his voice. Sure Soonyoung may have been the star student with straight up A+'s on the Math portion, but that didn't mean he should take the test lightly. He also figured that it was really rude of Soonyoung to be sleeping during the exam and wait until the last fifteen minutes to wake up from his nap.

The other students in the class giggled at Soonyoung's misfortune as he shot up from his desk and at the box of tissues sitting at the windowsill. Most of them were already finished with their test papers, disregarding the fact that they were part of the Pilot Set. Many of them had prepared well for the test, and were confident in passing with flying colors. Even Jihoon, the one who was usually slacking off in class but somehow managed to be second under Soonyoung in terms of grades.

I'm really sorry, Mister Jun,” Soonyoung nasally apologized as he sat back down at his desk, taking the box of tissues back with him, “It won't happen again, I promise,”

The next fifteen minutes felt like a good five minutes to Soonyoung, and just as he was finishing writing the answer to the question, the paper was snatched out of his hands by a rather disappointed instructor. A few of the students around him could see that his eyes were starting to water, but weren't sure if that was because it was just a symptom of being sick or because he was about to cry. Not wanting to know, the rest of the class, along with Mr. Jun, dispersed from the classroom leaving only Soonyoung and Jihoon still sitting at their desks.

Hyung, what happened?” Jihoon asked Soonyoung worriedly the moment the older boy stood up from his seat to leave the room, “You were literally working on the first question and then your head just kind of went down. Before I knew it, you were sleeping!”

Why didn't you try to wake me up then?” Soonyoung grabbed his arm away from Jihoon, stomping out of the room.

He was already feeling like the world was against him, and now with the guarantee of him not even moving up the grade, he just wished he dropped dead. Refusing to talk anymore, he left Jihoon behind and prayed that he wouldn't bump into Choyoung as he passed through the first year hallway. Laughter and cheerful chatter flooded his ears, hearing excited first years talk about how they were going to spend their summer, or how they were no longer crummy first year students. Jihoon weaved his way through the crowd, just a few steps behind Soonyoung, calling his name but Soonyoung just didn't answer. Thankfully, Jihoon caught up to him before Soonyoung left the building, “Hyung, stop right there and tell me to my face what happened!”

I didn't even answer half the questions, okay?” the older boy snarled, causing a few of the first years to die down from their conversations.

Some of the girls glared at him; who was he to rain on their parade? They didn't have to hear his bad luck, so might as well keep it to himself. Of course, since Jihoon just kept bothering him about it, he had no choice but to answer to him. He wasn't even mad anymore about Chan; that was probably the last thing on his mind right now. What he was scared about was seeing the look on his parents' faces when they receive a call from the school telling them that he won't be moving on to third year. The person he feared the most was his dad, not even his mom. Jihoon was speechless, shocked that the math genius wasn't able to pull through like every other television child prodigy.

Biting his lip to keep his tears from falling, Soonyoung brought his head down in shame, “I don't think I'm graduating with you,”-


Where is it?” Choyoung crawled out from underneath the desk, hand shielding her head so she wouldn't bump into the edge of the table, “It couldn't have grown a pair of legs and walked away!”

Pushing Chan and her old lab benches to the side, Choyoung bent over onto her hands and knees to check if her watch had fallen for the hundredth time. Since she had no watch to inform her what time it was, Choyoung estimated that she had been gone for about an hour now. There was no way she was going to leave school without her watch. She must have left it in the classroom, and someone must have picked it up. But even the janitor told her that he didn't find anything that night. Choyoung dusted herself off after looking around Hansol and Seunggwan's desk, mumbling, “There's no way I'm ever going to find it at this rate. It's getting late anyway, I should go,”

Looking for something?”

Spinning around on her heel, Choyoung grabbed onto one of the tables to keep herself from falling over, “Oh my God, Chan! You scared me!”

Sorry about that,” Chan chuckled, tilting his head down as he walked over to the side of the teacher's desk.

It was after school hours now, and pretty much everyone was gone. Well there were a few more students, not like last time, saying their final goodbyes with each other while some third year students were messing around in their classrooms doing things they should have been doing in private places. Having accidentally walked in on two students, a band geek and a mathlete, Choyoung knew she hadto be careful around the area. It wasn't safe especially since many of the older boys were much taller, and stronger than she was. Her biggest fear was being dragged away by one of the daring third year football players and not being able to do a thing because she was much weaker than they were.

W-what are you doing here?” Choyoung straightened herself up, a bit nervous about what Chan was doing lurking around the homerooms when he should have been outside or something, “Shouldn't you be at home already?”

Knowing what was on her mind, a hearty laugh escaped his lips. She was so naive at times, he found it rather funny. Did she not take note that they were only fifteen years old? Then again, Choyoung must have been watching one too many Asian dramas that she figured that someone would actually take advantage of someone like her. Although, Chan could name a few people off the top of his head that were the type to do those things. In fact, he wouldn't be surprised if his senior, Jeon Wonwoo, were in one of the classrooms right now. Leaning on his right leg, Chan stuffed his hands into his pockets, feeling the warm watch face on his fingertips, “Nope, not really. I was actually looking for you,”

Oh um...what do you want?” Choyoung's eyes nervously shifted around the room, keeping in mind where the emergency exits in the classroom were.

Bee told me you were looking for something so I figured that I could pull you out of your misery,” Chan flashed a friendly smile her way, sending chills down Choyoung's spine.

He was being rather friendly, too friendly for Choyoung's liking. Without answering, she simply nodded her head and went back to her search for her lost watch. Chan watched her bending over under the table, and snapping back up to move to the next; she was like one of these water birds his aunt liked to leave around the house because it was good Feng Shui. Clearing his throat, he looked off to the side, “Can you tell me what you're looking for? I might be able to help,”

It's a grey wa – I mean, bracelet,” Choyoung sighed as she took a seat on Bee's old lab bench, “It means a whole lot to me. Someone gave it to me, and they would be really mad at me if they found out I lost it,”

Brushing her bangs out of her face, she stared longingly at her bare wrist, wishing that she had never taken it off in the first place. Tears began to well up in her eyes, but she refused to start crying. That's all she had ever been doing, and she was getting pretty embarrassed about how weak she was being. She had never cried as much as she had until she had met Soonyoung, but that was because everything was smooth sailing for her. Choyoung had never experienced feelings and emotions such as these. For the longest time, she was innocent and often quite ignorant. She never empathized with anyone in dramas, rather, she only knew how they were physically because they were 'actors'. Sniffling, Choyoung wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, “I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying over something very little,”

You can cry if you want to,” Chan bluntly said, patiently waiting for her to let it all out. It pained him inside whenever he saw her cry, even before he started liking her he felt bad. They were friends, and friends shouldn't be watching their friends cry. They were supposed to bring them up from that sadness to be happy again. Turning his head, he saw Choyoung heading towards the classroom door with her head hanging low; not one whimper, not a single tear. Reaching over, he caught her hand before she got away, “But I think you'll be happy to see that I have what you're looking for,”

Pulling the watch out from his back pocket, Chan walked around her to hold it up in front her face. At first, Choyoung didn't even bother looking at him. She thought he was joking around like he always was, and told him to stop because his jokes weren't funny. But he kept on insisting. Finally giving in, Choyoung decided to just play along. It wouldn't hurt since she had pretty much been frowning for the entire week. And besides, Chan never failed to make her smile. When her eyes fell upon her beloved watch that was dangling in front of her face, her jaw dropped to the ground, “Chan that's my...!”

Even though they always said seeing was believing, even Choyoung couldn't believe what was right in front of her eyes. The watch she had desperately looking on her hands and knees for about an hour had finally appeared. It was with Chan the entire time! Choyoung continued to stare at it, speechless. Now there was no way Soonyoung would be mad at her! She had it back safely in her hands, and she would never let it go anymore. In fact, it wasn't even going to come off when she slept. That was Choyoung's almighty plan to never lose it again. Her thoughts were interrupted when Chan stepped back, expression different from before. It wasn't very friendly anymore, rather it was more sly. Chan let go of her hand and stepped back, her eyes never leaving her most treasured item, “Your watch. Soonyoung hyung gave it to you right? It must be really important since both you and him have one. You can have it back,”

Chan, you found it!” Choyoung ran over and wrapped her arms around his neck warmly, pulling Chan into a hug where she just barely rested her chin on his shoulder, “How could I ever repay you?”

Well, I'm not really asking for much,” Chan rubbed the back of his neck shyly, “I haven't really gotten kissed by you before, so in exchange for this can you give me a kiss on the cheek?”

Of course, he knew Choyoung had a rule that applied to both Soonyoung and him: she wasn't going to kiss either of them anywhere near their mouths, but she had never said anything about the rest of their faces. Besides, he was telling the truth. A simple cheek kiss was a pretty simple bargain. And it wasn't going to hurt anyone. Choyoung blinked up at him, a bit puzzled at his offer. Surely he wasn't asking for her to kiss him? Maybe her ears were acting up today. But Chan looked serious about it. Choyoung bit her lip, pulling away but her arms were still resting on his shoulders, “You're joking right?”

Come on, Choyoung. You can't even give me a simple kiss on the cheek?” Chan pouted, “What about Soonyoung hyung? I'm sure you've given him hundreds of them, how come I can get one for myself?”


I'm telling you Jihoon, I saw Choyoung walk in here earlier after the Math Regular Set exam,” Soonyoung held a tissue to his nose as he hesitantly peeked into the windows of a few closed classroom doors.

Not really listening to his best friend's troublesome ramblings, Jihoon was following close behind him checking the other side of the hallway looking for the French classroom since that's where Bee said she was studying for tomorrow’s French exam with Minji and Hansol. Soonyoung threw the tissue away in a nearby trashcan and went back to window hopping, immediately regretting the scene he accidentally saw in the English room, “I even saw Chan slip in here and – oh my God! Seungcheol sunbaenim! Narim noona!”

What? Where?!” Jihoon pounced onto Soonyoung's back to try and use him as a lift to see over the classroom window, “Stand still will you? I want to see!”

erted Jihoon was at it again. Shaking his back, Soonyoung made sure Jihoon fell off his back and onto the floor with a loud thump before resuming his search. It was amazing how many rooms there were in the first building. Then again, there were many students and the first building was meant for all homerooms. Homerooms that were now being used as makeshift hotel rooms at least. Soonyoung recalled one of his most dreadful first year memories. One of the third year students at the time, he didn't even know her name, almost lured him into the Science Lab if Doyoon hadn't been there to save him. Soonyoung dragged Jihoon away from the door and shoved him across the hallway, “I thought you were looking for Bee, stop bothering other people!”

Alright, alright, I'll stop peeking,” Jihoon clicked his tongue at the elder, “You're no fun when you're sick you know,”

They continued on for a while, until finally they reached the first year section of the first floor. Why they didn't bother starting there in the first place? Only God knew. Jihoon was the first to find what he was looking for when Bee caught him jumping up and down, trying to look into the classroom window. If Bee hadn't been so eager to get out of the room and was looking outside rather than at Hansol and Minji who were being totally cheesy, then Jihoon might have never found her. Once Soonyoung realized that Jihoon had abandoned him for Bee, he just shook his head and approached Choyoung's homeroom. His mood suddenly lifted when he saw that Choyoung's backpack was sitting outside the room.

Choyoung, do you know how long I was...”

And there he saw it. Right before his eyes, out in the open was Choyoung locking lips with Chan, looking like she was clearly enjoying it. Soonyoung's eyes widened as his heart dropped to the floor harder than he had ever felt before. A feeling in his stomach arose, similar to that of when you would drop from the top of a drop tower. The uneasy, queasy sensation that makes you want to throw up. Biting the inside of his lip, he could feel her eyes starting to water again. Stupid sickness symptoms; he wasn't going to admit they were real tears. They probably weren't anyway. He was a man...but a very weak man.

Soonyoung!”

Hyung!”

Throwing Chan's arms off her waist, she quickly backed away from him, eyes wide with terror. Soonyoung was standing at the door and he had seen something he really didn't want to see. In fact, had never thought he would see. Sadness washed over him like the waves at the sea that once dragged him away when he wandered off too far into the water. He could remember his mother's panicked face as she swam after him; much like Choyoung's was like right now. Frightened, shocked, not knowing what to do. It was written all over Choyoung's face.

Soonyoung's head spun, feeling the effects of the medicine he had taken about ten minutes ago. It punched him right in the face, and once again he felt drowsy and irritable. He mentally cursed himself for not being to keep himself composed, but right now, he was quickly being drained from his energy. The more he thought about Chan and Choyoung, the more the blood rushed to his head, the more he got dizzy. On top of that, he felt hot. Really hot. Enough to pass out kind of hot. Loosening his collar, Soonyoung harshly swallowed, “Lee Chan, I've had it with you!”

Hyung, I-”

Before Chan even got a chance to explain to the older boy, he found himself being flung against the blackboard. A stinging pain ran through his lower back as he made contact with the chalk holder. Wincing, Chan let out a groan of pain which Soonyoung unconsciously chose to ignore. Soonyoung was congested; it was as if someone had stuffed Soonyoung's ears with cotton. Choyoung took a few steps back, terrified at what Soonyoung was doing. She had never seen him so angry before; he was more intimidating than the first time. There didn't seem to be a sliver of hesitation, the only thing in his eyes was getting back at Chan.

Shut up!” Soonyoung yelled at him, once more grabbing at Chan's collar like he had done earlier that morning.

His emotions were now taking over his conscience, not even bothering to think about the right or wrong. In fact, he no longer knew what right or wrong was. Chan opened his eyes, but quickly closed them again when he realized that he was now eye level with Soonyoung. It was bad to look anyone older than you in the eye, it meant that you were trying to disrespect the person. And that's exactly what Soonyoung seemed to want to pry out of Chan. Soonyoung tightened his grip on Chan's collar and pressed him down harder against the blackboard, “You've been getting in my way for the past few months, and I just can't take it anymore,”

I'm sick and tired of your games, Lee Chan!” Soonyoung raised his his fist, aiming for the spot beside the younger's head.

But just as he was about to bring his fist down, he felt a heavy force push him over from the right, making him drop Chan. Dazed, Soonyoung found himself on the floor, not remembering how he even got there in the first place. Things were moving too fast for him to catch up, he didn't even know why Chan was on the floor next to him. Beside him, Choyoung was screaming. She was trembling at the thought Soonyoung would actually go as far as to hit Chan like that. Soonyoung could make out another figure entering the dark room, approaching Choyoung and helping her to her feet. It was another girl, so he figured it was Bee.

Turning his head, Soonyoung looked over at Choyoung to see if she was okay. His eyes met hers, and he could see the wild look in her eyes. The look she was giving his was equivalent to having a knife jabbed in his chest. She had never looked at him like that before. With so much fright, and worry, they were foreign compared to her usual warm, innocent ones. He could no longer spot the love in her eyes, as if they had been scared off by his brash actions. This couldn't be. Had his thoughtless actions been the deciding factor between Chan and him? His thoughts were interrupted by Jihoon hovering over him, and having his own collar tighten around his neck.

Soonyoung, get a hold of yourself!” Jihoon's voice broke down the cotton barrier in Soonyoung's ears, dropping formalities while he was at it, “You were about to hit Chan!”

Jihoon had no idea what was going on in Soonyoung's head. His best friend wasn't the type to just lose his cool like that. Soonyoung was supposed to be the rational thinker, not the one who broke down in the tough times. In all these years, he had never seen Soonyoung threaten to punch anyone even though he clearly knew how to. Soonyoung wasn't a fourth degree black belt in taekwondo for no reason. Maybe it was because of his cold, that Soonyoung wasn't thinking clearly. He lifted his head and motioned for Choyoung and Bee to get out of there. He couldn't guarantee that nothing ugly was going to happen.

Let go of me, Jihoon,” Soonyoung ordered the younger boy once the girls shuffled out of the room, “This is between Chan and me, so stay out of it,”

Look, I know you're having a bad day, but stop it. You're overreacting,”

If anything could tick Soonyoung off more, it was that. He knew Jihoon didn't know the full story. He knew Jihoon just thought he was being unfair to Chan. He knew, but Jihoon was too stubborn to stop and take in the situation. The two went back and forth with each other with Soonyoung not wanting to tell Jihoon anything, and Jihoon the other to stop being immature and stop picking fights with others. Soonyoung was about to hit someone younger and weaker than he was, and there was no way Jihoon was going to allow that to happen.

Jihoon, you don't understand!” Soonyoung was on his last strand of patience, “Let me go, and leave me alone!”

Getting the message, Jihoon scoffed and stood up from the floor, walking towards Chan. He was worried for the younger boy, and sincerely wanted to apologize for how idiotic his moron of a friend was acting. But he decided that it wasn't the best place to say it yet. He might as well wait until he was out of Soonyoung's earshot. Turning Chan towards the door, he headed looked over his shoulder with a frown on his face. Soonyoung's actions today were very disappointing and were not something he was expecting from the genius of their grade. They were almost unforgivable. Jihoon was under the perception that Chan did nothing. “You better pull yourself together, before you start pulling others apart,”