Years Later..

Protecting You Always

Aw..why isn't anyone commenting? I see you subscribing, b-b-but no comments. I feel like I'm not doing much a good job if I don't hear feedback :(

 


01 January 2013

H Y O M I N' s Point of View

"You can't protect her, let me do it for you."

"No!"

"Are you willing to lose another hand for that..that..that Im!"

"Yes! I'm willing to risk my other hand, my heart, and my life just for her! You don't know her like I do Jay so just stay out of my business."

"You'll regret this."

"Why?"

"Because that.."

I turned around and I saw a horrifying scene. I tried to start running, but Jay held me back and pulled me into a backhug embrace forcing me to watch what went down in front of me. "Y-!" I couldn't shout. My mouth felt it was stitched together and the rest of my body went weak except my eyes. My eyes stayed open to just so I can see what went down.

"Y-!" "-nie!" 

My eyes jolted up when I heard the cries. I looked up and saw the scared and concerned look of Yoona's, "Yoona..why are you out of bed?" I asked after glancing at the clock. It was only four o' clock in the morning and our classes do not start until nine. "Come here.." I whispered and held my arms open for her.

I saw her lip form a curve, but in the low light surrounding I couldn't tell if it was upward or downwards. She crawled into my embrace and snuggled close to me, "Why were you shouting again?" Yoona asked.

It's been twelve years since the incident. It's been twelve years since I started rooming with Yoona. It's been twelve years since we've moved to Seoul away from the village. It's been twelve years since our laster encounter with a Moon already. It's been twelve years since..

..

since I lost my left hand. 

"I had a bad dream." I whispered and I heard a small squeaking sound. I knew that Yoona was playing with my left hand again like she always did when she came over from her side of the bed to come over whenever I start having nightmares. "Yah..why are you playing with my hand again?" I teased lightly and started to rub her stomach slowly. 

Yoona giggled and slapped my hand away, "Unnie you know I'm ticklish there, stop." she said and leaned back closer to me. I nuzzled my face into the back of her neck, "U-Unnie!" she screamed in an embarrassing tone.

"Shh..it's late and you don't want Sica to wake up now do you?" I reminded her and she just nodded. I giggled softly and kissed her neck, "Thank you for waking me up Princess..." I whispered against her neck.

"I don't like to see you suffer.."

I used my left hand and grabbed onto her hand. I dragged both our hands until they were both pressed against Yoona's chest, "No matter if I'm suffering or not, I just want to know if your heart still beats. If it beats even if I'm not here that means you are still alive and I have done my job right and protected my princess." I said.

I felt Yoona shift in my arms and I was staring into her big brown doe eyes, "Unnie..why are you always so cold in the university?" she asked while staring at me.

I shrugged.

"I don't like that answer." she told me. I looked into her brown eyes and I saw concern in them, "Please tell me..I want to be able to talk to during school time, but you always push me away back towards my friends. Its like you aren't even there." Yoona explained and I just sighed because I made the girl worry.

Over the pass twelve years, we had attended school. By 'we' I mean Yoona, Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, Dongwoon, and myself, but the only problem is that I distance myself from all of them. Dongwoon was able to befriend some other automailers and fighters after they found out his secret love for automailing. Seohyun, Jess, Tiff, and Yoona found five other girls to befriend, but the four girls have yet to find out if the five girls they befriended are automailers, alchemist, or just plain humans. Did I mention that we go to a school that has little to no well-known alchemy studying? It's plain mortal.

"I like being a folding screen." I simply replied and closed my eyes. "Go to sleep Yoona, school is in a few hours.." I whispered and started to her back with my good hand.

"I cannot go to sleep anymore because it's your fault.." Yoona whispered. I opened one eye and she was staring at me, "Give me a kiss goodnight then I'll go to sleep." 

Yoona, my Princess, has became more affectionate towards me during those twelve years. 

"Aish Yoona..just go to sleep.." I muttered and gave in anyways. I kissed her softly on the forehead and lingered for a few seconds before pulling away and leaning back into the pillow that was under my head.

"I love you Hyomin unnie." Yoona whispered and snuggled closer to me.

'I love you too Princess..." 

"Hyomin-ah! It's time to wake up or you'll be late for school!" I heard a shout. I groaned and pulled one pillow over my face and continued to sleep, "Aish this girl. You get her trained to be a lethal killer, but the only thing wrong is that she doesn't like to get up in the morning for school." I heard the voice mutter to themselves and I knew who exactly it was - Uncle Im.

"Go away uncle.." I muttered.

"Aish the others already left after the alarm went off and you slept through it like it was nothing." Uncle Im said and took a seat on the edge of the bed after I felt it sink a little. I patted the spot beside me and I didn't feel a presence. 'She left..' "She left like a good girl Hyomin-ah, now come on get up or you'll be late."

"Whats the point Uncle? I've been gone from there so many times and I don't even need it." I said after pulling the pillow off my face. I looked at him and he sighed. He was about to open his mouth until I stopped him, "I know, you don't have to repeat. I'm there to protect Yoona because the Moons are unpredicatable." 

Uncle smiled weakly at me and patted my leg, "It's good that you know so I won't scold. Now get up because you have about fifteen minutes to get ready and dressed." he teased and walked out the room.

"Aigoo!" 

It took me under that time frame to get ready and out the door. I never forget my bag because I have Mamoru in it and I never forget to pull on the fake skin around my left hand so it looks real. I ran down the streets in a hurry and thanks to my endurance it wasn't that hard at all. I slipped onto campus and instead of going to my classes like I promised Uncle, I took a detour to the roof. 

The other reason why I distant myself from my friends was because...if I were to show my true personality in this school then I shall be known and that shouldn't happen. The Moons lurk in the shadows and they can be among us.

I pushed the door open to the roof and was greeted with two familiar faces, "Jiyeon, Eunjung." I greeted and pulled my hand out of my bag. I don't like to be surprised and they were lucky that I have some quick mind working gears in my head. 

"Hello unnie." Jiyeon smiled and hugged me. I stood still and just let her hug me without me returning it. She pulled away and continued to smile at me and pulled me along to the edge. Eunjung followed along.

Jiyeon is one of my friends that I managed to make in this school. She was younger than me by two years at the most, but she is very wise and knowledgeable about all this thing. I found out during my first week here in school that she was a training alchemist in fire alchemy, but she has still yet to learn how to correctly form an alchemy circle.

 "Jiyeon, what are you doing?" Eunjung asked while staring at the younger girl pulling me to the railing.Eun

Eunjung is another friend of mine. She was like the mother between the Park duo, but she can also be as childish as us. I'm only childish when I'm around her and responsible when I'm around Jiyeon. Eunjung is a studying fighter as well and she is to protect Park Jiyeon because of her family connection to the Jungs. I teach her a few pointers.

"Look unnie!" Jiyeon shouted and pointed at the bottom. I squinted my eyes and I saw what looked like a fight breaking out in the far corner even though everyone is suppose to be in class. "What I can make out is the Hwang's girl." she told me. I squinted my eyes even more and I noticed Tiffany's dark red hair in the middle of the group.

I growled under my breath, "What happened now.." I muttered and jumped off the roof.

"Hyomin!" Jiyeon and Eunjung exclaimed. I grabbed onto a window ledge and jumped into a large tree that was close by, "Omo where she go! Eunjung you have better eyes!" Jiyeon panicked.

I rolled my eyes and giggled at them. I jumped down the tree and ran over to where the group of people are and I can for sure distinct the husky, loud voice of the one and only Stephanie Tiffany Miyoung Hwang.

"Are you going to apologize?" Tiffany asked in a demanding tone. 

"Why should we? That girl should be the one apologizing for if it wasn't for her then my outfit today wouldn't be ruined." One girl snapped and her friends backed her up. "We won't leave until she apologizes."

When i got near I saw Tiffany standing in front of all her friends with a tall girl and lightly darker skin girl. I noticed Jessica comforting someone with another person, but the person that mostly stood out in my vision was Yoona - crying.  I gritted my teeth and put on a fake smiled before placing a hand on the complaining girl's shoulder.

"Problem?" I asked.

The girl quickly looked at me and I think she felt the angry aura I had. She shook her head and backed away to go to class with her friends, "This won't be over Im Yoona." the girl scoffed in a low voice and I only chuckled. 

"Unnie!" Yoona cried and ran over to me. She hugged me tightly and buried her face into my shoulder and sobbed silently, "I-I didn't mean too it's just t-that she g-got in the way an-and I-I don't know w-what happened next." Yoona stammered while tightening her hug.

"Are you Yoona's sister?" The tall one asked.

Tiffany smiled at me, "Nah that is Park Hyomin, Yoona's favorite person in the world." she introduced me and I only awkwardly waved. I noticed that the dark skinned girl looked a bit sadden and annoyed with my presence. 'Does she have a .. hm..'

"Hyomin, I would like you to meet Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Sooyoung." Tiffany introduced me to them and she did the same for me to them. I waved to them awkwardly while comforting Yoona. I pulled her face away from my shoulder and noticed a visable red mark on her face. 

"Ah Tiff, why didn't you tell me she got slapped!?" I asked calmly before pushing Yoona's body gently away from me. I pulled Mamoru from my bag and used it's alchemy power on my automail hand, "I'm about to kill someone." I muttered while walking away and heading towards the school.

Tiffany and Seohyun ran over to me and held me back. Seohyun dismantled my hand and Tiffany kicked Mamoru away from reaching distance, "Yah! Let go of me! That pest hurt Yoona and I am now going to hurt her!" I shouted angrily, but when I looked at my missing hand I became even more angry. "Give me my hand!"

"We can explain." I heard Jessica say.

Tiffany sat on me, "But the very first explanation is that, this girl has serious anger issues even though you only know her as the calm, collected folding screen in class." she said to the other girls. 

"Ugh you're heavy Miyoung." 


How is it? The years passed and they have yet to encounter the Moons again, but look they are in school! By the way they are in universities and yea they act like teenage girls still. Oh and you met the other girls! 

Hyomin's attitude...

Comment and Subscribe.