Resign

Protecting You Always

30 April 2013 - Afternoon

HYOMIN'S Point of View

I was sat down on a chair after getting all fixed up and I was sitting right next to Dongwoon. We both had our head down in shame while Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Sunny caught everyone else up. My head was throbbing, but I couldn't go against Yoona's order. "Sorry noona..." Dongwoon whispered. I looked over at him and he was looking back at me with a sincere look, 

"It's alright Dongwoon, we're going to get caught sooner or later." I whispered and put my hand over his for reassurance. He just nodded and looked up to Seohyun, who was looking at him with disappointment, before looking back down to his lap. 

I let go of his hand and looked up to Yoona, but her back was turned to me. I sighed and glanced over to Sunny, who was staring right back at me, and smiled sadly towards her. She shook her head and sighed before turning back to what Yuri was explaining. "I can't believe I got caught this early..." I whispered.

"What would hyung say?" Dongwoon whispered. 

"We aren't going to say a word to oppa, arraso?" I replied to him.

Yoona cleared and we looked up at her. She just looked back at us with an anticipating look on her face and I just glanced over at Dongwoon, who was staring at Seohyun with a pleading look. I looked at Yoona then at Sunny before sighing. "Can we bring out Doojoon and Kikwang first?" I asked.

"Why?" Sooyoung questioned.

Dongwoon spoke up this time, "They'll help us explain."

"No." Yoona firmly stated and crossed her arms in front of her. I looked at her and she just stared right back at me with a cold expression plastered on her face. "I want to hear your explanation from the both of you only. I need to hear it now because I'm sick of this Hyomin. I haven't talken to you in months and I find out you are the one causing the chaos to this city?!" she shouted.

Chaos in the city?

"What do you mea-" 

"We saw you two at the bar over there just before we got back here." Hyoyeon explained. I looked at Dongwoon then at Hyoyeon, "You two were causing a ruckus and the next thing we know is that this boy turns into a chimera and kills many police officers!" she exclaimed while pointing at Dongwoon.

"Wait I think you got the story wrong we wer-" Dongwoon was cut off by Sunny.

"We heard you call out Sunyoung and from listening to Yoona, you're real name is Sunyoung, right Hyomin?" Sunny asked me and I just nodded while trying to piece the story together. "So why? Thats the main question." she stated and leaned forward. 

"Hold up you all got the story wr-" I was cut off by Yoona. 

She said, "I don't have the story wrong Hyomin. You are covered in dirt and dust from the collapsed building and you are trying to cover up your story. You are the one causing this to the city and are in alliance with the Moon clan."

"What!" I shouted, jumping out of my seat in the progress and with my injured hand wrapped around Mamoru. "You know better than to falsely accuse me of being with the Moons! I'm the one trying to protect you from them!" I shouted at her while feeling my heart break from a false accusation. 

"I'm not falsely accusing you of anything because I know what I saw. These pass few months you have been avoiding me, not protecting me, there is always a change of heart from someone you trusted for so long." Yona explained while glaring daggers at me.

I pulled Mamoru out and traned a blade with my steel hand. I pointed the family sword at her, "Im Yoona, you can call me things and you may do other things, but you do not put me in the same category as the damn Moons. I lost my hand because of you!" I shouted, but then realized I touched onto a delicate topic for her.

Yoona bit her bottom lip and looked down. Her whole body started to tremble. "Yoona..I-I didn't m-mean t-" I wasn't able to continue what I said because I was pulled by the collar by Kwon Yuri. 

"What the hell is wrong with you! You pulled a sword onto her and you touch onto something delicate to her!? That is not what a protector does!" Yuri shouted at my face. I glared at her and pushed her off me while turning my attention to Yoona, but before I can get a word in Yuri punched me in the face.

"Do you want to fight Kwon!" I shouted after holding my cheek and tightening my grip on Mamoru. "Don't be a chicken and take a cheap shot at me. If you are a true fighter, lets go!" I exclaimed.

"Hyomin!"

I felt Mamoru leave my grip forcibly and I turned around to meet the end of the blade. I looked up at Yoona and saw that she kept looking down while unsteadily holding onto Mamoru. "Please leave...go cool down.." she instructed and handed me Mamoru. I carefully took the Im family sword from her hand and walked out of the house after having a small staring contest with everyone.

"Noona!"

I turned around and saw Dongwoon following me with a jacket. Kikwang and Doojoon, who both looked like they were going to kill me, followed Dongwoon silently. I just continued to walk once all three caught up to me. "What do you want.." I asked while dragging Mamoru with me. 

"I didn't want to be in there..where are you going noona?" Dongwoon asked after putting the jacket on me. "Oh and I was able to get them out after pleading them right after you left." he explained about Kikwang and Doojoon's presence.

"Just going to clear my head. Aren't you afraid that they'll escape?" I asked after eyeing Kikwang and Doojoon.

Doojoon laughed, "Like we'll escape. Our master gave up finding us and are focusing on a new band of chimeras right now while the three who are still there will be disposed of." he said in an angry, sarcastic tone. "Kikwang, what will we do for the other three?" he asked the younger one.

"I don't know hyung.." Kikwang whispered.

I sighed and blocked the two huan chimeras out. I looked up at the disappearing blue sky, "Appa..umma...please tell me what to do.." I pleaded to the sky. I looked back down and straight ahead while praying still. "What am I going to do...Yoona won't listen to me.." I muttered while thinking back to my earlier actions.

"She won't listen to you because you are a loyal person." Doojoon told me and I looked at him. "If you were more vocal with your voice then you would of told her that you went with Leeteuk to train in the old village, but nope Park Hyomin Sunyoung just had to chicken out and listen to the girl who has no alchemy power what so ever." he taunted.

I closed my eyes while looking up and letting my feet take me straight ahead. Doojoon is right though because I don't have the courage to do anything against Yoona, I was kicked out of the house and I wasn't able to explain my situation. When will I be able to stand up against the girl I want to love and protect.

"Noona?" Dongwoon's voice called out which snapped me out of my thoughts. "Where are you going?" he questioned.

I looked down to where I was and I saw that my feet took me to a bus station. I looked at the sign then back at Dongwoon and the two chimeras. My mind and heart began to debate when I saw the bus slowly approaching. I felt my feet to start moving forward. "Hyomin-ssi?" Kikwang called out in a questioning voice. 

What should I do? My heart says to stay with Yoona, but my mind..

The bus stopped in front of us and some passengers got down. The bus driver looked at me with a questioning look as well. "Are you getting on Miss?"

"I.."

AUTHOR'S Point of View

The door of the Im household opened while the people that were in the living room looked up from the television set or whatever they were doing. One doe-eyed girl jumped up from her seat and headed to the door, "Hyomin!" she exclaimed excitedly while making her way to the door. "I want to apologize to y- You aren't Hyomin unnie..where is she?" she asked after only seeing two boys standing in the front door. One had a dead look in his eyes while the other was shaking the taller one and holding onto a familiar sword.

"Dongwoon, where is Hyomin?" A shorter girl asked after approaching the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"She is gone." 


We won't be seeing or hearing from Hyomin for a few chapters. We will focus on some characters now! By the way, only two people came. What happened to one of them?

Comment and Subscribe!