We Need To Talk

Protecting You Always

29 August 2013 - Old Village 

H Y O M I N' S Point of View

I sat down on the roof of the old building of the Ims. I was relaxing my hand muscles to unclench and feel better. I sighed heavily and laid down on the roof while staring at my hand, "I wonder if I can ever face her again." I told myself as I flexed my hand.

"You can."

I sat up and looked at Doojoon who joined me by sitting next to me in his human form. I looked at him confused and all he did was roll his eyes at me before handing a bottle of water to me. "Go visit her. Stop being a wimp and do something." he explained while thumping my head. "I did not decide to avoid my brothers just to come protect you and you to back out when you finally face her." Doojoon sighed.

"Well I never asked for you to protect me." I barked at him and he just leaned back on the roof. "I just can't face her after all the troube she thinks I caused." I complained while playing with my hand.

Doojoon sighed heavily before speaking, "You have to face her sooner or later ya know." he reminded me and I couldonly cringe in sadness. "Ohand Leeteuk wanted me to hand you this recorder." he said handing the recorder to me and turning into a chimera.

I pressed play, "Hey Hyomin, Its Oppa! Well Leeteuk haha. Well when you're getting this message it is because I am ordering you on three month vacation - paid of course. This is sudden yes, but we all think it is for the best. So I wish you luck!"  The message ended and all I could actually understand was I was kicked out temporarily and my hand is missing. Wait.. my hand!?

I looked up and I saw Doojoon with several bags in his hands running in the direction of the village. I jumped down and started sprinting after him to the best a human can catch up to a chimera. I stopped chasing him once I ended up on the highway and he is far from being able to catch him. "Doojoon!!" I yelled loudly and turned around just in time for a car to come to a screeching halt.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!" I heard a voice exclaim from the car. The head lights were beaming to brightly for me to recognize the features on the face until they came closer. "I am really sorry, I did not see you in the ro- Hyomin?" the voice called my name.

I looked closely and I paled completely, "Sunny.." I whispered.

Sunny got out of the car and completely grabbed my wrist and walked me around the car into the passenger seat and pushed me in. She closed the door before I had time to react and she was already in the drivers seat. "Goddamnit Hyomin, you had to disappearfor those couple of months. You know Yoona has been so goddamn worried about you and she has been going on about you coming back." she said while driving to god knows where.

"Uhhh..."

"You have no idea how much Yoona went through, she actually punched Amber when it got to her so much." Sunny continued to rant about my disappearance. "Hyomin, why did you leave? Yoona cooled down that day you left, why couldn't you just return?" she asked.

"Because..." I stammered my first words since I got in the car. "It was too hard. Too goddamn hard to see the young lady I took care turn my own sword to my own neck." I said before becoming - SJ named this - DarkHyo. "It was hard to let the person you care and love about so goddamn much down." I said and was going to punch the dashboardwith my bad hand, but surprise surprise...only air.

Sunny sighed. "Let me take you somewhere." She said and droveinto the dirt trail that was available to those that know a secret park. "I first met someone here and we continued to meet till one day...she stopped coming." Sunny stated and I looked at her. 

Once we reached our destination it felt all too familiar. "Here." Sunny called and she reached in the glove box compartment where she reached a temporary hand, my original hand. "We found it just in a random locker when Amber and Sulli wanted to go hunting in our lockers." she said while attaching the metal hand onto my stub. 

I nodded to her in thanks and got out of the car. There just stood a small playground, some benches, and a large sakura tree that is starting to lose the last of its blossum. "I remember this place..."

"I do too, it was when I first met you that first christmas you were able to escape the orphanage and I was with my uncle." Sunny said and sat on the hood of the car with her hands in her pockets. "We kept meeting everyday, remember?" she said trying to recall back my memories of when I was like five years old or something. "Sometimes I would even sneak out of my uncle's house just to come visit you, you were like my protector and I cared about you alot." 

I looked at her and then I started to recognize the same features, "Soonkyu.." I whispered.

She giggle, "Lay off the lame name, its Sunny."

I rolled my eyes and nudged her shoulder, "Don't be so lame Soonkyu, why'd you bring me here?" I asked her and she loked down at her fingers.

"I'd had hoped you would remember the feeling of having to leave this place behind." Sunny stated. She was right, the last time I saw her when she was little with her uncle my heart broke having to see her play in the snow waiting for me. "I know you never leave behind thats why I kept an eye on every location. I'm a tech wizard like that." Sunny showed off.

"What do you really want to talk about Soonkyu?" I asked her while looking at the sunset starting to fall.

Sunny pushed herself off the vehicle and looked at me dead in the eyes, "You need to go visit Yoona, now."


Subscribe and Review :)