The test

This Is Our Story

 

~3rd Person's POV~
 
Himchan hadn't gathered any useful information at all, it seemed like they either didn't really know or didn't wanted to take the risk or they maybe just were too drunk to really know what he was asking for, either way he didn't gather anything useful.
 
Jongup had been holding a close distance and made sure he didn't flirt or did anything more than friendly acts. Just when they were starting to get really frustrated, Yongguk approached them. He was dragging Zelo behind him and gestured us to meet outside.
 
Outside stood Daehyun, leaning against the bricks with his head down. We approached him, Yongguk still dragging Zelo in a tight grip.
 
"I talked with the bartender and gathered some information" Yongguk spoke up "He told me the only way to find out about the boss is to contact his 'assistants' as they call them" 
 
Jongup nodded his head "Seems logic"
 
"How are we gonna find them?" Himchan put his hands in his tight jeans pockets.
 
"He said they come to the club somet..."
 
"I've already found one" Daehyun cut Yongguk's speech, gazing down the street.
 
"You found one? What did he say? Did you speak with him?" Himchan forgot about the cold wind a while as he expectantly looked at Daehyun.
 
Daehyun was quiet for a while. 'Should i tell them? Will they stop me if i do?'. He wasn't sure if it was a good idea himself yet so should he really tell them? Maybe he should just try to figure out the plan further first, or maybe they could help him. He ruffled his hair in frustration and gazed at them all. "Don't throw a tantrum, okay?"
 
The others just nodded confused and curious as to what the latter was about to say.
 
"I kind of hit him and..." Daehyun rubbed his neck, glancing at the others gaping faces.
 
"You hit him?" Yongguk raised an accusing finger at Daehyun before he suddenly closed his mouth and rubbed his neck and smiled nervously "Come to think about it...I would have probably done the same thing..."
 
"Me too" Jongup suddenly spoke with a serious, dark expression. Himchan looked puzzled at his boyfriend, he didn't think Jongup was the type to throw a fist but then again it's about Yuongjae after all and 'damn' he thought 'That look sure is y'
 
"I don't think i would hold back either" Himchan spoke up after tearing his gaze from Jongup.
 
"Thanks guys" Daehyun smiled a small smile before his expression darkened again "He was one annoying bastard" He sighed "However, he's going to get me a place as the boss fighter, if he can keep his promise, if not...then yeah, he's pretty much dead the next time i see him"
 
"Wait...what!? I don't get it...why become his fighter?" Himchan rubbed his cold arms.
 
"Because then he can become close to the boss...if he's good enough that is"
 
Himchan furrowed his eyebrows at Jongup, his mouth slightly agape "Since when did you  become so smart?"
 
Jongup pouted at the comment "Hyung~"
 
Himchan chuckled at the pout and put an arm around his waist while smiling "Mianhe~"
 
Yongguk awkwardly cleared his throat "Since when did you two become so intimidate with each other?"
 
Himchan just smiled, not dropping his arm from Jongup's waist. "You're not so innocent yourself" Himchan smirked and glanced at Yongguk's hand.
 
Yongguk looked puzzled down to his hand and realised he was still holding Zelo's hand in a tight grip. He quickly let go of it and cleared his throat.
 
Daehyun who didn't miss Zelo's embarrassed expression chuckled at his stupid friends. "Are you lovebirds done yet so we can go back?  I'm tired"
 
Himchan smacked his head. "Shut up" he said with a smile. Daehyun glared at Himchan's back and rubbed his hurting head 'Damn, that hurt'
 
~~~~~~
(Listen to this at this part)
 
Zelo was sweating as he clutched the covers in his hands, making his knuckles go white as he listened intently into the dark room. Even though all that could be heard was Yongguk's deep breathings from the other end of the room Zelo could swear he heard the old man dragging his heavy foots behind him as he walked unsteadily outside the door, the floor creaking under his heavy body and his whisky bottle scraping against the wall.
 
Zelo shut his eyes tightly, desperately trying to shut out all the sounds but they only seemed to intensify. Suddenly the footsteps stopped. Zelo held his hands over his head, clutching his hair and shutting his eyes tight as he heard the door slowly creak open and heavy boots step inside the dark room. 'Don't see me! Please! Don't see me!' He silently begged, trying to become as small as he possibly could as he listened to the footsteps that walked around the room until they became louder and louder, closer and closer with each step. Zelo's breathing increased with each step as panic filled him. A hand suddenly touched Zelo's shoulder and he immediately shot up screaming "NO!!" He began to desperatley hit and kick the man in front of him, not hearing the others pleads "DON'T COME NEAR ME!!". Two strong arms grabbed his wrists "DON'T TOUCH ME!!". Suddenly he felt two strong arms hugging him, a warm hand rubbing his back while a soothing voice whispered in his ear. "Shhh...It's okay...Shhh.." He struggled for a while before he realised who it was. Yongguk's voice was calming and he felt himself relax in his embrace, but he still couldn't help but glance at the door. It was closed and untouched. No footsteps could be heard, just his own sniffles and Yongguk's soothing voice. A relief washed over Zelo and he suddenly felt tired and limp in Yongguk's safe embrace. Yongguk dried Zelo's wet cheeks with his thumbs before he layed the boy down on the bed and slid in after him, holding the boy in a protective hold. 
 
"Don't leave me" Zelo's voice was muffled by Yongguk's shirt as he shuffled closer to his warm body.
 
"I won't" Yongguk played with Zelo's hair soothingly "I'll be here"
 
"Promise"
 
Yongguk kissed Zelo's curly hair "I promise"
 
(Stop listening)
~~~~~~
 
The next morning was the first morning Zelo actually woke up from a nights sleep. He smiled when Yongguk's warm body was still in the same position beside him, his arms hugging him in a safe hold. Zelo just gazed at Yongguk's sleeping face, not wanting to wake the other from his dreams. A knock on the door followed by Himchan's voice made him tear his eyes to the door "Wake up! Dinner's ready!"
 
Zelo listened as Himchan's footsteps disappeared. 'Dinner?' He glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. '16.34   omo! How long have i slept?'. He carefully slipped out from bed and changed in the bathroom. When he came out Yongguk was sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing his eyes cutely. 
 
"You okay?" Yongguk asked.
 
Zelo sighed, he had hoped he had magically forgotten what happened. It was a little embarrassing to be in such a state in front of him. "D-Deh, I'm okay"
 
Yongguk nodded and walked into the bathroom, patting Zelo's head when he passed.
 
~~~~~~
 
Daehyun was nervous and anxious all day. He couldn't bring himself to eat more than a small portion at dinner and he glanced at the clock every five seconds. When the clock finally showed 10 o'clock they got changed and took the taxi to the club from the night before.
 
Nobody spoke on the ride neither when they stepped out or when they arrived outside the door.
 
"Where are you meeting him?" Jongup was the first to say anything.
 
Daehyun adjusted his black leather jacket "I don't know"
 
"What do you mean you don't know?" Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows.
 
Daehyun glared at him "I mean exactly what i said"
 
"Let's wait for him here then. He must come out or in somtime, right?" Himchan who sensed the soon to come argument quickly spoke.
 
"Seems like a plan" Zelo who had been dragging along his skateboard, with some whining and pleading from his side, sat down on his board and leaned against the wall.
 
After a while of waiting, and a row of irritated sighs from Daehyun, they finally spotted a dark haired boy walking around the corner. Daehyun immediately stood up straight, folded his arms and glared at the approaching boy.
 
"So? What did he say?" Daehyun spoke with a unfriendly voice.
 
"Hello to you too" The boy smirked "And for your information he wants to send you on a 'test' mission"
 
"A 'test' mission?" Zelo stood up and picked up his skateboard.
 
"Yeah, so he can judge if you're good enough" he tilted his head "Who are you?"
 
"These are my friends" Daehyun nodded his head at them.
 
"You know...If you work as a team he may pick more than one of you"
 
And with that and a 'meet me here tomorrow at 6 pm' he left. They stood there for a while before they went home, all in deep thought.
__________
A/N Another chapter for my awesome subbies! yay~ <3 :D ooohhh~ a mission~ hehe :D
Keep on commenting! I read every single one of them and grin as stupidly everytime XD Reached over 50 subbies kamsahamnida! <3