Chapter 3

Unexpected

First day of school has ended. Ren stood up from his seat and went out of the classroom. Jung Ah went to you and said "I'm hungry again, Wendy... Wait! We can eat the dessert your umma gave you."

You get the dessert snack from your backpack and shared it to Jung Ah.

"It tastes delicious, Wendy! Your umma sure knows how to make this." She remarked.

"My umma loves desserts so much, she wants to taste it for me." You said.

After you finished eating it, Jung Ah said "I need to go now, Wendy. My parents will worry about me, if I didn't come home early. Annyeong!"

"Annyeong Jung Ah unnie!" You waved at her.

She left the classroom and you remembered the note Ren gave you during class.

Oh shoot! I need to meet with Ren at the rooftop. I almost forgot about what he had written on the note... You grabbed your backpack and headed towards the rooftop of the school. You saw no one there and you muttered to yourself "Where is Ren?"

"I've been waiting for you, Wendy..." He said behind you.

"So, you said that you'll introduce me to your members of Nu'EST, Ren. Where are the other four?" You asked shyly.

Ren take you where the boys are. You can't help but mesmerize by their good looks. Handsome boys... You thought to yourself.

"Wendy, these are my fellow members. This is our leader dongsaeng, JR. He is a great fighter, whenever someone bullied any students in this school. This is Baekho, the manliest member of the group. His father is a great martial artist, so that's why Baekho's good at any martial arts sport. This is Minhyun, the visual of the group. He may be handsome but he has a cold aura... Lastly, this is our oldest member, Aron. He is also handsome, like Minhyun, but he is considered as the Aegyo Prince."

"Nice meeting you all, guys..." You mumbled shyly.

"No need to be shy, Wendy. If someone bullied you, it's our job to keep this school in order to stop bullying." Aron said. You smiled.

"My chinggu, Jung Ah unnie, once told me that one of you saved her from getting bullied. And one of the bullies even punched one of you on the face." You stated.

"I was the one who saved your chinggu back then..." JR muttered.

"So that's why I saw your bruise on your cheek, hyung. You didn't even tell us that you've been punched by one of those bullies." Minhyun said sarcastically.

"Anyway... what should we do this weekend?" Baekho asked.

"Maybe we should invite Wendy to go to Ren's house." Aron suggested. "What do you say, Wendy? Can you go this weekend?" Ren asked you.

"I... I'll just ask my umma, if she says 'yes'" You answered.

"Ok. If your umma agreed to go to Ren's house this weekend, maybe that will be a whole lot of fun... Can you do me a favor, Wendy?" JR asked you.

"Ok, JR. What is it?"

"Can you invite your chinggu, Jung Ah?"

"I'll try, JR. If she says 'yes', she'll go with me to Ren's house this weekend."

Then, you look at your watch and it looks like you're going to be late at your house. Your mom usually goes home before 6pm and the time on your watch is 5:30pm. "I need to go now, guys... It's nice meeting you all. I won't forget about this weekend, okay? I'll invite Jung Ah, if she said 'yes'."

"Ok, Wendy. See you tomorrow. Annyeong!" Aron waved at you.

"Annyeong!"

---

You went down the stairs of the school and off the school campus. You managed to go to the subway station. To your surprise, Ren followed you. "What are you doing here, Ren?" You asked.

"I'm going home, too, Wendy. I live a few blocks from your house." He answered.

"You lived in the same neighborhood?!"

He nodded. You cannot believe that he's living in your neighborhood. Then, both of you managed to catch up the last train of the day. You were both panting inside the train. Luckily, the train is not full compared to this morning. Both of you sat down at one of the vacant seats. You didn't even talk to each other throughout the whole time, even though you've met Ren's fellow groupmates. The train stopped and both of you got off the train.

You're almost at your house, when Ren stopped at his tracks. "Is that your house, Wendy?"

"Yes, Ren. I'm living with my umma."

"Where's your appa?"

Suddenly, tears formed in your eyes and you don't want Ren to see you cry. "He passed away when I was little..." You sniffed a bit.

"I see..." But then, he noticed you crying. "Why are you crying, Wendy?"

"I don't want to tell you my tragic past of what happened to my appa, Ren... But then, I just can't--" He suddenly hug you, you felt warmth in your skin and makes you feel better.

"Wendy, I'm here for you. If you have problems, just tell me, okay?" Ren cut off your sentence

"Ok.... Ren." He broke the hug after a few minutes and you wiped off the tears. "Anyway, my umma's waiting for me, Ren. See you tomorrow!"

"Annyeong, Wendy!"

You ran to your house and your mom's at the kitchen to cook dinner for you. "I'm home, umma!" You shouted.

"Welcome home, Wendy dear! How's your first day of school?"

"It's great, umma. I've met few of my classmates at school and they seemed nice."

"That's good to hear, dear. Did you even met Choi Minki?"

You were startled when your mother told Ren's real name.

---

A/N: There's a continuation of this chapter ^^