Chapter 18

Unexpected

-Ren's POV-

Wendy and I are on a date today. As soon as she got in the car, she asked me "Where are we going exactly?" I just giggled and replied, "It's a surprise, Wendy. It's far from here and I hope you will like it there." She just sighed and muttered, "Ok, Ren."

While on their trip...

Wendy rolled down the car's window to get some fresh air. Since she haven't ride in a car for a long time, I decided to cheer her up. Then, she uttered, "Did you bring food, Ren?" "Ne. Are you hungry?" "Yeah. I want some snacks..." Then, I get some snack treat for Wendy to eat. "Here, Wendy. You can have this." Then, she suddenly shrieked, "I love Pepero!" "Really?" "Ne! I ate this since I was a kid. Back then, my dad will bought me this when he got home from work..." Then, her face frowned, "But it's all in the past." I saw tears flowing on her face and splattered on her hands. I stopped the car on the parking lot and wiped her tears, using my fingertips. "Don't cry, Wendy. It's painful when I see you cry like that..." I rubbed her back, to comfort her.

Then, she looked at her arm which was bruised a few days ago when she got bullied by a group of girls, who looked like gangsters. "Is your arm okay, Wendy?" I asked him. "Ne. The pain was gone today... And it's not swelling anymore." She smiled. "Anyway, we need to keep going, Wendy. We still have a long way to go... Meanwhile, you should go back to sleep, Wendy. We're not yet in the countryside yet." I said. She went back to sleep and I started the engine of my car and headed off.

A few hours later...

Wendy was still sleeping, as I drove towards the countryside, we passed by a meadow and I thought, This is the perfect place for our date. I parked the car near by the edge of the meadow. I woke Wendy up and said, "We're here, Wendy." She yawned and stretched her arms after she slept for a few hours now. "Here we are, Wendy. This is the place... Well, since you wanted to relax for a bit, this meadow will do." The meadow has a beautiful flower garden and people go there to watch the sunset:

"Wow! This place is beautiful, Ren! I love it!" Wendy exclaimed, hugging me. "I'm glad you like it, Wendy. I'm making this date extra special for you." Then, her stomach grumbled, "Maybe we should eat now, Ren. I'm hungry..." "Ok. I carried all the food so that we can eat." I found a spot where we can eat and hang out for our date. I set up the blanket and Wendy put all the food on it. "What did you bring, Ren?" She asked. "A lot of food: Sandwich, desserts and even Pepero." "Wow! That's a lot... Anyway, I'm starving here..." I giggled and said, "Ok, Wendy. You can eat now."

After both of them finished eating, they lied down on the blanket to see the clouds forming different shapes. They had a fun time with their date and Wendy's having her best day of her life with Ren. It's almost dark...

"Wendy, we need to go. It's going to be dark soon." I said. We both got up and packed all the things inside the car. We got home early on Wendy's house, after a few hours. Her mother was cooking dinner for all of us. She said, "Welcome home, dear! how's your date with Wendy?" "Good, umma." "I'm so proud of you, dating my daughter to cheer her up... By the way, Ren, her birthday is few days away from now." I was stunned when she said that to me. I didn't know that Wendy's birthday is just around the corner. I thought. "Anyway, where's Wendy?" She came out from behind me and said, "Hi umma!" She hugged her. "Welcome home, dear! How's your date with Ren?" "Pretty fun, umma." She smiled. Then, her mother ruffled her hair and muttered, "Your birthday is coming up in a few days, Wendy dear... I already told this to Ren awhile ago. Are you hungry?" "Ani. I'm already full, umma." "I see. How about you, Ren?" "I'm not hungry as well, umma." "Ok. I'll have to eat my own dinner, since I'm already done cooking it." She went to the dining table to eat, "Maybe you should sleep, kids. I can take care of myself after I'm done eating." "Ok, umma." Wendy and I said in unison. We went to her room upstairs, in time to get to bed. I sat on the floor, by the bed and called Wendy. She was curious of why I called her at the time like this. "Yes, Ren?" "I didn't know that your birthday is coming in a few days." "Ne. I'm turning 15 this year."

She's turning 15?! That means, I'm older than her and she should call me 'oppa'. "Why are you shocked, Ren?" Wendy's face was curious. "Because... I'm older than you. You should call me 'oppa' from now on, Wendy." "That's fine by me, Ren." Then, I made my next move to her: I reached out my hand to touch her cheek. She started to blush and asked, "What are you doing, Ren?" "As my advance birthday gift to you, I'll share this moment with you together..." I leaned my face closer to her face and... I kissed her for the first time. I think Wendy was shocked when I kissed her lips. Finally, she gave in to feel the kiss. It's our first kiss and I want to last this moment with her. We broke the kiss after a few minutes, Wendy was blushing red. "This is your advance birthday gift?" I nodded. Then, she hugged me tightly, "Ren, I love you no matter what..." "I love you, too, Wendy. I have to give you something..." She broke the hug and I took something from my pocket. "It's a necklace that says 'I love you forever'." Then, she hold her hair, as I put it on around her neck. "I like it, Ren. Thanks!" "You're welcome, Wendy. I'm making you happy, since you're my girlfriend now." I smiled at her. "Anyway, we need to go to bed. It's getting late." She said. She lie down on the bed and I lay down beside her. She turned to face me and I caressed her hair. "Good night Ren!" "Same to you, Wendy." And we both fell asleep, while I embraced her.

---

A/N: Alright! Hope you guys like this chapter. Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe me ^^