Chapter 19

Unexpected

Today is your birthday and you're so excited to go to school because you're inviting the members of Nu'EST and Jung Ah to your house. You got up from and take a bath. After you put on your school uniform, you quickly went downstairs to eat breakfast. You saw your mother preparing breakfast and greeted you, "Saengil chukkahamnida, Wendy!"

"Kamsahamnida, umma!" You sat on the table and started eating breakfast. "Today's your birthday, dear. Who should you invite to our house later?" "Umma, can I ask you something?" "Sure, dear." "If it's okay with you, can I invite Ren's friends and my best friend, Jung Ah to our house?" "Sure you can, dear. I'm sure that your friends would like to come here." "Thanks, umma!" You hugged her and she smiled at you.

"You're welcome, dear. Anyway, you're going to be late for school." "I'll be there on time, umma. Don't worry about me." After you finished eating, you grabbed your backpack, peck a kiss on your mother's cheek and went off to school. You thought to yourself, I hope that today will be my best birthday of my life. You just smiled at youself as you're walking towards the school. As you arrived, you saw Ren, Jung Ah and the rest of the members at the gate of the school. You ran towards them and all of them greeted you, "Happy birthday Wendy!"

"Thanks, guys! How did you all know that today's my birthday?" Aron answered, "Ren texted us last night about it." Then, you turned to see Ren smiling at you. You blushed badly in front of them. "Yihee! Wendy's blushing so bad!!!" Jung Ah teased. "YAH! Stop teasing me, unnie." She just giggled. Then, Minhyun muttered, "Wendy, Ren has something to give you after class." "Really? What is it?" "It's a secret, Wendy. You'll find out soon." Baekho answered. "Anyway, let's get to class. We don't want to be late." JR said. All of you went to your classrooms. While the teacher discusses the lesson, Ren whispered, "Wendy, happy birthday!" "Thanks, Ren oppa!" You whispered back with a smile. "What did you just call me?" "I said 'oppa'" "Now that's my girlfriend." He holds your hand and you blushed.

"Oh yeah, Ren... My mother said that I should invite your fellow members and Jung Ah to my house later after school." "Really? I'm going to make your birthday the best one yet." You just giggled by what he said. Then, the bell rang and it's break time. Aron and his friends came to your classroom. Jung Ah went to your seat and asked you, "What do we do later?" "I've got something to tell you, guys... Actually, I have two things to talk about."

"Spill the beans, Wendy." Aron said. You sighed deeply and muttered, "Last night, Ren and I kissed each other before my birthday..." "Jinjjareo?!" "Yeah... He said that our first kiss is his advanced birthday gift to me." Then, Baekho and JR wailed, "Wow! Your pride is high, Ren!" They didn't call him Little Maknae anymore now that he's matured or anything. "I'm so proud of you, Wendy!" Jung Ah hugged you. You just blushed and said, "Well, what can I say, guys? It's unexpected that he did that for me." "What's next that you wanted to tell us, Wendy?" Minhyun asked. "I asked my umma if it's okay with all of you to go to my house later after school. She said that she'd love to have somebody to be with me." "Sure, Wendy. We'd like to." All of them said in unison.

"Thanks a lot! You really are the best!" Then, tears started to flow on your face. "Oh Wendy... Why are crying?" You sniffed and answered, "I'm just happy that I have you all as a part of my life." Then, Ren rubbed your back to comfort you. Then, JR said, "Anyway, we need to go back to our classroom. Class will resume in any minute. See you later after school!" He smiled. Then, the 4 members left the room.

The rest of day goes on...

Class was over. You, Ren and Jung Ah were at the gate of the school waiting for Aron and the others. "What's taking them so long..." Ren whined and his arms crossed on his chest. Then, you saw Aron and the rest walking to your direction. "They're here!" Jung Ah exclaimed. "Finally..." Ren let out a sigh. "Sorry if we arrived late." JR said. You walked home towards your house. While you were at the gate of your house, you shouted, "Umma, I'm home!" Then, you opened the door and the rest followed behind you. You noticed that the room is dark and quiet, "Why is it so dark and quiet here?" Then, you also noticed that Jung Ah, Ren and the others aren't behind you. "Unnie! Ren! Guys!" Then, a confetti popped. "Surprise! Happy birthday, Wendy!" You were so surprised and at the same time, speechless that your mother prepared a party for your birthday. "What a surprise! I didn't know that you prepared a party for me."

"It was all Ren's idea." Your mother said. Then, you went to the dining table and saw a chocolate cake. On the cake, it wrote: Saengil chukkahamnida Wendy! Saranghae! From: Ren. Then, Aron put the candle on the cake for you to make a wish. Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" in Korean to you. Then, you closed your eyes and make your wish. You blow after you made your wish and everyone clapped. For the rest of the evening, you ate the food that your mother prepared. Then, after you all finished eating, Ren stood up from his seat and said, "Wendy, I have something for you..." You were curious of what Ren will going to give you. Then, Ren took out from his pocket and he gave you a couple ring. Jung Ah and the others started wailing and you blushed so bad. "Give me your hand, Wendy..." You're still blushing and you extend your hand to Ren so that he can put the ring on your finger.

"Do you like my birthday gift, Wendy?" Ren asked you. "I really like it, Ren. Thanks for making my birthday the best one yet. Saranghae!" You hugged him. He was surprised that you have something to give him in return. "You're welcome and I love you, too!" He hugged you back. The whole crowd watched the whole scene. After the party's over, Jung Ah and the rest went home. Ren decided to stay at your house for the night. You and Ren went to the terrace upstairs and watched the stars from the sky. "Oppa..." "Ne?" "You're making my birthday the best one yet. And I really like it." "I'm glad that you really like my birthday gift that I gave you, Wendy. Saranghae!" "Saranghae!"

After that, you went downstairs and went to your room. Ren lie down and you lay down beside him. "Good night Wendy!" "Good night oppa!"

A/N: Finally! I managed to update my fanfic after a few months. I hope you like this chapter so far ^^