sixteen

Two Faced Freak
Jinki stayed in the balcony the whole night. He didn't sleep. He just finished up the bottle of beer and stayed up all night thinking of Amber. Of what he had done. He thought that it would turn out well because it was a lot more romantic than the first one which was accidental. But he thought wrong.
 
Jonghyun arrived around 5 and he easily spotted Jinki in the balcony so he went to him.
 
"How was the night with Amber?" Jonghyun mocked him.
"Terrible. Worst night ever." Jinki sighed without moving an inch from his seat.
"What happened?" Jonghyun asked worriedly.
"It's not important." Jinki sighed again but this time he stood up and walked inside the flat. He went inside the bathroom and fixed himself.
 
"Jinki..." Jonghyun knocked on the bathroom door. Jinki didn't want Jonghyun to get worried about something that had nothing to do with him so he went out immediately.
 
"I'm going home, Jjong. I miss my mom." He faked a smile. He needed to see his mom. He wanted to see his mom.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" Jonghyun wanted to make sure that Jinki would be at university the next day, then maybe there they can talk. Jinki nodded and put on his shoes and left.
 
He drove his car home. He rushed inside and looked for his mom.
 
"Mom, mommy." He was like a lost child in his own home.
"I'm here, son." His mom came out from the kitchen. He ran to her and embraced her tightly.
"What is it?" She asked as  she his back.
"I just miss you." He mumbled and his mom laughed. They went to his room and he lied down on his bed. He was really tired but he also needed his mom's comfort to fall asleep.
 
"Tell me the truth now." She sat on the edge of his bed.
"I don't understand girls." He covered his face with his blanket.
"Oh? What is this? Is my son in love? Since when?" She asked half-jokingly.
"I'm not in love... I just don't get them." He denied.
"It's because it's your first time falling in love." She pulled away his blanket.
"I'm not in love, mom. Stop that. Can I sleep first? I was up all night and I'm really sleepy." It was obvious in his weary eyes.
"Why? Were you thinking of that girl all night?" She wouldn't stop mocking her own son.
 
"What if I was, mom? It doesn't matter anyway. She doesn't like me back." Jinki turned his back. He was a bit embarrassed telling those things to his mom.
"How do you know?"
"I just know."
"You're not a kid anymore, Jinki. If that's the case, then you should just forget about your feelings for her. That is if you've tried hard enough to get her." She patted his head before she went out of his room.
 
..................
 
Amber was in the bedroom all day doing whatever there is to do. She was keeping herself busy so that she could stop thinking about what happened. It wasn't like the first time. It wasn't accidental. That's why it was affecting her so much more. She dropped herself on her bed and covered her face with a pillow.
 
"Why did I run away?" She mumbled.
 
She got surprised, that's for sure, but there was no reason for her to run away when she likes him. In fact, she should have stayed and maybe, just maybe, they were together by then. As in together together, girlfriend and boyfriend.
 
"I need to tell him how I feel." She stood up and went straight to the door. But when she got there, her hands shook. She couldn't turn the doorknob, neither could she touch it.
"Tomorrow... I'll tell him tomorrow." She took a deep breath and went back to the bedroom.
 
Everything was scaring her. Like how he'd react or what he would say. But she thought, she wasn't gonna ask him out or anything. She just wanted to know how he feels toward her and the rest doesn't matter. Like what used to be in between her and Minho that at that moment was totally gone. Maybe it would be just like her relationship with Minho, a relationship that didn't really exist but she didn't care. She just wanted to know what the kiss was about.
 
.......................
 
"We kissed." Amber suddenly muttered when Jinri entered the bedroom.
"Kiss—you and Onew?" Jinri ran to her bed and she nodded.
"But I ran... That was so stupid of me!" She hit herself with her own pillow.
"What were you thinking?!" Jinri hit her too.
"I was... Shocked! I don't know!" Amber raised her head.
"Have you talked to him?"
"I think it'd be embarrassing." She covered her already red face with her palms.
 
"Where, when, how did it happen?!" Jinri was more interested on the details.
"We were together last night in their apartment... Alone... Listening to some good songs and chattering..." She paused recalling the scenes of the night before and Jinri was just anticipating for her next words.
"Then this waltz song played and he invited me to dance. So we danced. Then he sang. I told him how I like his voice then.... We kissed." Amber covered her face again while Jinri shrieked.
"Was it romantic?" Jinri wouldn't stop.
"Well, yeah. It was dark, it was quiet. It was just the two of us..." Amber shrieked as well. She felt like she was becoming more and more like Jinri and Soojung because of Onew.
 
She just hoped she'd have the courage to talk to him. So that night she prepared everything she needed to say so she wouldn't stumble with her words. She memorized everything.
 
...................
 
Amber waited for him outside his classroom before lunch break. She just had to talk to him. She was confident that she'd talk to him. When the bell rang, he immediately went out and didn't notice Amber so she had to follow him and stop him.
 
"Onew!" She called him.
"Uh, Amber. Sorry, Amber. I can't talk right now. I'm needed at work." He was trying to contact someone on his phone.
"Talk to me first. It won't take a lot." Amber held him by his arms to stop him.
"Tell me."
 
 "A-about... About the other night..." She stuttered.  With that, she completely forgot everything she memorized.
"I... Uh..." She was afraid of what he would say.
"The other night? I'm sorry about that, Amber. I didn't mean to kiss you. I was a bit drunk. It wouldn't happen again. I hope you understand." Onew tried to forget about the kiss by telling her lies.
"Drunk... Right." But Amber was there for something else and she didn't get what she want.
"Amber, I really need to go. I'm gonna be late for work." Onew waved at her and was finally able to leave.
 
Amber felt her heart crack into tiny pieces. She wasn't satisfied of what he said. She couldn't believe his words. So later that day, she decided to go to their apartment. She wanted to talk to him much more seriously than before. He was in a hurry and he didn't even let her speak.
 
On her way there, she noticed Jinki's car. And thanks to the rolled down window, she could see Jinki inside the car. She planned to talk to him when she noticed what he was doing. He was brushing down his gelled up hair checking his reflection in the front mirror. Then he put on a pair of glasses. He took his coat and tie off and loosen up his polo shirt. Then it all became clear to Amber. She understood everything. And it just upset her.
 
Jinki got off his car. He felt like someone was watching him. So he turned his head to the side and there she stood up motionless.
 
=^.^=
 
Love and hate this chapter....
grrr.
 
Jonghyun's back!!!! OT5 is back!!! SHINee's back!!!!
I cried yesterday. for real. Was I the only one? idc. haha
I love my OT5
 
xdorkyx
x
 
PS. HAPPY 5th SHINee-versary!!!
<3