Day 2 Part 2

7 Days

Sweet n’ Things Bakery - Tuesday 10:36am

 

Hana called Mars to tell him what was written in Alice’s diary. Some of the entries were really explicit. Mars said that is still not enough evidence to arrest James Rigsby for murder. Hana mentioned that he should at least be arrested for . “Alice is dead, Hana.”

 

“I know for a fact that he is doing the same thing to Lucy, the girl from his garage.”

 

“No you don’t. You suspect he is. See the difference. Look Hana, we are going to watch the security tapes today. Come down to the station and if the stepfather is on the tape then we have something.”

 

“Fine.” Hana hangs up the phone.

 

“Well?” Woohyun asks.

 

“It only proves he her. We have surveillance tapes at the station form the hotel. If the stepfather is on it then according to Detective Mars, ‘we have something’.” Woohyun slams his fists on the table in anger.

 

“He hurt Alice for two years and nothing happens to him?” Hoya and Myungsoo flinched, and Hana remained calm. She knew what Woohyun was feeling, frustration.

 

“Alice is dead Woohyun.”
 

“What about the other girl you mentioned? What happens to her?”

 

“Don’t worry, I will find a way to protect her. Look I need to go to the station. I can drop you three off at the hotel.”

 

“I wanna go with you.” Woohyun said.

 

“You can’t.” Myungsoo whispered.

 

“I don’t care. I want to help.”

 

“Myungsoo is right. You are too close to this case. When cops are emotionally close to a case it impairs their judgment and the case can not be solved.”

 

“Woohyun, you and Myungsoo go back to the hotel. You can tell the other members what we found out. I will go with Hana to the station.” Hoya finally spoke.

 

“You can’t go either.” Hana said.

 

“Hana, either I just go, or all three of us will go. And if all three of us go then the other members will find out and they will come. So your choice deal with one or seven?” Hana contemplated for a couple of seconds before sighing and agreeing to let Hoya come.

 

---

 

Outside Boston PD HQ- Tuesday 11:23am

 

Hana and Hoya dropped off Woohyun and Myungsoo at the hotel, and now she and Hoya were on the steps of the Boston PD headquarters where Hana ran into a familiar face. “Hana!”

 

Hana turned to her right to see Officer Young running towards her. “Friend of yours?” Hoya asked.

 

“More like an annoying prick in my side that won’t go away.” Hana whispered. “Officer Young.” Hana greeted as nicely as she could.

 

“Please call me Brady.” Hana tried to smile but it didn’t work. Brady noticed the young man standing a little too close to Hana. “Isn’t he one the boys from the dead girl in the hotel case?”

 

Hana heard Hoya growl a little bit. He did not like the way Brady discribed Alice. “I am Hoya.” Hoya streched out his hand for a handshake. Brady did the same.

 

“Nice to meet you Hoya.” Hana could clearly see the disgust written all over both of their faces. “What are you doing here?”
 

“I am helping Hana with the case.”

 

“Really? How?”

 

“I found some evidence that could be used as motive for killing Alice.” Before the two could start beating on each other, Hana was pretty sure that was where those two were heading, she spoke.

 

“Officer Young we really need to get inside, Detective Mars is waiting for.”

 

“Oh, sure, and Hana it’s Brady.” Hana nodded and pulled Hoya inside with her.

 

“So who exactly is that bastard?”

 

“He is a cop that wants me to go out on a date with him.” Hoya stopped walking.

 

“Do you want to?”

 

“Of course not. He gives me the creeps. I first met him at a dinner party my father was hosting. Officer Young had gotten some bravery award and the dinner was in his honor. I was being nice to him when my father asked me to show him around the house. I guess he thought I liked him and has not left me alone since.”

 

Hoya grabbed Hana’s arm and pulled her closer to him so their chests bumped each other. Hana started to breath faster and her heart was in overdrive. She noticed that he was very tall compared to her, her eye level was his chin. Hana looked up and she swore her heart stopped beating for a second. Hoya brought his lips to her ear, and Hana would have fallen to the floor if Hoya was not supporting her. “There is something you need to know about me.”

 

“W...what?” Hana stuttered.

 

“I don’t share.” Hoya let go of Hana and stepped back. “So where do we have to go.” Hoya was back to his normal calm, collected self.

 

Hana took a deep breath and pointed to the elevators. “We need to go to the fourth floor. That is where homicide division is.” Hoya walked to elevator and pushed to button. The doors opened instantly and he stepped inside.

 

“Aren’t you coming?” Hoya asked. Hana shook herself off and ran into the elevators. She did not miss the smirk on Hoya’s face.


But they both missed the pair of eyes that had seen it all, and they were full of anger.

 


A/N: Sorry the chapter is short. I wanted to make it longer, but it sounded good to end the chapter with the last line.

So cute!!! :)