Day 1 Part 5

7 Days

Hana’s Car - Monday 8:25pm


“, dad is going to kill.” Hana was already 25 minutes late for the family dinner and she still had to drive ten minutes to get there.


After Mars and Hana were done with Alice’s stepfather they went back to the station. They updated the captain on what they had found out so far. Tomorrow they were going to watch the security tapes. It was 6:10 by the time Hana left the station and 6:45 when she reached home. There was a lot of traffic.


Hana took a quick shower and opened her closet to pull out the new dress she bought on Saturday when she went shopping with Salma. It was a sleeveless black silk dress with gold polka dots, and it has a high/low hem.


Just as she reached the condo complex where her family lived and she parked her car, she got a call. She groaned thinking it was her father going to scold her. When she looked at the caller ID it said ‘UNKNOWN NUMBER.’


“Hello?”


“Hi Hana, it’s Hoya.” Hana’s heart started to race.


“Can I help you?” Hana tried to sound calm and collected. She did not want Hoya to hear the excitement in her voice.


“I think I found something that might help you with the investigation.”


“Oh.” Hana sighed. “What is it?”


“Why do you sound so disappointed?”


Hana eyes widened in shock. “I don’t know what you are talking about.” She could hear a small chuckle through the phone and she couldn’t help but smile.


“I found Alice’s diary. Sungyeol forgot that Alice had asked him to keep some of her stuff in his bag because her’s was too full. Can we meet up sometime tomorrow?”


Hana smiled at the idea of seeing Hoya tomorrow. Hana remembered that Hoya said he wanted to go to her mother’s bakery. “I can give you the address to my mother’s bakery tomorrow and we can meet there?”


“Sounds good. Let me get a pen and paper.” Hana gave the address to Hoya and said good bye. Hana got out of the car and entered building B of the condo complex. She went to the top floor where the penthouses were located. In building B there were only two. She went to her right and knocked on the door. Hana’s mother was the one that opened it.


Hana’s mother is Katelyn Davis, 5’7” with natural red hair that went past her shoulders. When Hana was growing up her mother always took her to the bakery. Hana would help with the baking, and by help she did all the mixing. Hana’s mother wanted Hana to help her with the bakery when she grew up, but Hana had always idolized her father.


“Hana, you’re late.” She grabbed Hana and gave her a big hug.


“Sorry mom. Work got late and then I had to get ready.” Hana entered and twirled. “What do you think of the dress?”


“I love it. Salma has good taste.”


“Yah! How do you know Salma choose it?”


“Oh honey, I did not choose it, and I’m sorry, but you have the worst taste in clothes.”


“I do not!” Hana and her mother broke out in laughter.


“I hear laughing.” Hana’s father walked into the hallway. “Hana you’re late.”


“I know. I was working.” Hana’s father pulled her into a hug. He is Frank Davis, the Chief of Police for the Boston PD. Ever since Hana was a little girl she always saw her father as a hero. Putting bad guys in jail, and protecting the city of Boston.


Hana and her parents walk into the living room and she is right away attacked by her brother. Rico has always been very lively, and he always got into trouble. But Hana loved him, he always made Hana smile no matter what, and even though he was younger he was very protective of her. “I’m happy to see you too.” Hana laughed. Rico let her go.

 

“Hana, this is Riley Doyle.” A boy with jet black hair, pale white skin, and the bluest eyes Hana has ever seen stood up.


“Nice to meet you. Rico has told me a lot about you, I feel like I have known you all my life.”


Hana smiled at that. Then she realized something. “Wait if you're Riley Doyle then that means your initials are RD.”


“We found that a hilarious coincidence too.” Hana’s mother said. “Hana, lets let the men talk and you can help me set the table.” She dragged Hana into the kitchen. She gave Hana the plates to put on the table. “So when will you bring a boy home?”


Hana should have known that “helping with the table” was code for you need a boyfriend. “I don’t date boys, mom.”


“Fine, when will bring a man home?” For some reason Hoya flashed into Hana’s mind and she blushed.


Hana’s mother noticed this. “Is there someone you’re thinking about?”


“No.” Hana said to fast.


“There is! Who is he? What does he do? Is he handsome?”


“There is no one.” But then Hana realized that Hoya will be coming to her mother’s bakery tomorrow. Hana cursed herself for being so stupid.


“I don’t believe you.”


Hana knew that she would find out tomorrow so she gave up. Hana told her about what happened today, the whole conversion with Hoya, and how she could not stop answering his questions. She also told him how he was different from all the other men she has met. And she told her about the meeting in the morning.


“Oh Hana, he sounds amazing. I will make your favorite banana cream pie.”


---

 

Onyx Hotel, Room 605 - Monday 8:32pm


Hoya hung up the phone with a wide smile on his face. “Why are you smiling?”


Hoya turned his head to see that Sungyeol has finished his shower. “Because something good has happened.”


“And you're not going to tell me no matter how much ask, right?”


“I love how you know me so well.” Sungyeol smiled at that.


“I am just happy that you are smiling again.”


“What do you mean? I never stopped smiling.”


“For a while your smiles seemed kind of fake.”


“I was not myself for a bit, but I feel like I’m back.”


“I’m glad. Depressing Hoya was like a little girl that saw someone kick her dog.”
 

“Yah!” Hoya throw a pillow at Sungyeol. Just then the door opened and Sungjong entered. “What’s up?” Hoya asked.
 

“Not much.” Sungjong sighed. He plopped down on Hoya’s bed and started to cry. Sungyeol sat next to him and gave him a hug from the side. After Woohyun, Sungjong was the closest to Alice.


Seeing Sungjong cry, it finally hit Hoya. He had just lost a friend and she was never coming back.

 


A/N: A thanks to pandarama87 for subscribing.

A/N 2: Also we are finally done with Day 1. Now time for the exciting stuff.

Congratulations to Infinite!!! Our boys won M!Countdown last night!!!