Day 1 Part 3

7 Days

Onyx Hotel - Monday 1:51pm


Hoya enters the back room and immediately locks eyes with the woman from before. He sits down without breaking eye contact. Mars clears his throat to try to get his attention.


“Yes?” Hoya responds, but still keeping eye contact with the woman. Mars looks a Hana and notices she is staring just as strongly as the man across from them.


“What is your name?”


“Lee Ho-Won, but everybody calls me Hoya.”


“Okay Hoya, please tell us your relationship with Alice.”


Still looking at the woman Hoya starts to speak. “Over the month and a half that Alice has been with us me and her have become good friends.”


“Did she tell you anything about herself besides her father’s and brother’s tragic deaths?”


“Her mother remarried two years ago.” As Hoya was speaking Hana could detect no lie or sign of deception.”


“Anything else?”


“No. Alice was a very nice person, but she was also very private.” Just then Mars got a call and left the room to answer it. For a minute, but what felt like hours to Hana there was only silence. Then Hoya finally spoke. “Who are you?” The way Hoya asked the question, to Hana, it felt like he wanted to know not just her name but every single detail about her life.


“I’m Hana Davies.”


“Davies?” Hoya questioned.


“I was born in South Korea, but my mother gave me up for adoption when I was born. I was adopted by a family here in Boston.”


“What do your parents do?”

“My father is the Chief of Police for the Boston PD, and my mother owns a bakery.” Hana smiled thinking of her family. “She makes the best pies you will ever eat.”


“I will have to try them at some point.” Hoya paused for a second. “Your father is the Chief? Is that why you are here? You seem too young to be a detective?” Why was he asking these questions? And why couldn’t Hana stop answering them?


“I’m not a detective. I’m a consultant.”


“What do you consult on?” Hana knew she was telling him everything and one side of her head was telling her stop, but the other side was tell her she could trust him with her life. Hana thought she was being ridiculous. How could she trust a man she just met and barely knew?


Hoya could see Hana was having an internal debate with herself. He realized that if he wanted to know more about her then he has to offer up something as well. “I love being an idol. It has been my dream ever since I was little. So to become one I dropped out of high school in my first year to pursue my dream.”


Hana knew what he was doing. He was trying to build a connection with her so she would feel more comfortable answering his questions. It is interrogation 101, and it worked. “I am what you call a deception expert.”


Hoya was intrigued. “Deception expert?”


“Have you heard of microexpressions?”


“No.”


“A microexpression is a brief, involuntary facial expression shown on the face of humans. They usually occur in high-stakes situations, where people have something to lose or gain. Microexpressions occur when a person is consciously trying to conceal all signs of how he or she is feeling, or when a person does not consciously know how he or she is feeling.”


“Okay. So?”


“As a deception expert, my job is to read the microexpressions. They come in handy when solving cases.”

“Why did you decide to become a deception expert?”


“I’m sorry, but aren’t I the one who needs to be asking the questions?”


“I don’t know. Do you have any more for me?”


“No.”


“Then, answer mine.”


“I did not decide to become a deception expert. I was born like this.”


“What do you mean?” Before Hana could answer the question Mars came back into the room.


“Mr. Lee you may go now.” Hoya smiled and got up. Before he left the room Hana grabbed his arm and handed him her business card.


“If there is anything more you can remember please call me right away.”


Hoya smirked. “What if I remember nothing but I still want to call you?” Hana blushed and Hoya’s smirked widened. As he was walking away he looked back. “See you soon, Hana.” Hana’s heart skipped a beat when he said that. Hana turned around to see Mars looking at her with an amused expression.


“What?”


“Is there something you want to tell me?”


“I don’t know what you are talking about.”


“I am talking about the relationship between you and Hoya.”


“There is no relationship. I just met him today.”


“Not yet at least.” Mars said as he was leaving the room. Hana followed and before she could ask what he meant Mars spoke again. “I got a call from Officer Sánchez. She said the crime scene techs found a charger for a laptop but no laptop in the room.”

“Do you think the killer took it?”


“Most likely. There must be something that links the killer and Alice on the laptop. We need to find it ASAP.”


“Did Alice have an email account?”


“I’ll call Fang at the lab to see if he can find out. So, are you up for the notifications?” Hana hated doing the notifications. It always made her sad to see the people find out their loved ones are dead. But Hana knew it was an important part for her to see so she can see how people react to the news.


“As ready as I’ll ever be.” As Hana entered the lobby and she saw Hoya and the other members of Infinite waiting for the elevator. Hoya turned his head and saw Hana. He smiled and waved goodbye. Hana blushed even more and exited the hotel. Hana knew for a fact that, that man was now an integral part of her life, and she was not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. But Hana knew she wouldn’t care either way.

 


A/N: Sorry the chapter is short. I will try updating later today. I know there are not a lot of Hoya and Hana scenes and I apolgize. There will be more interactios between them starting in Day 2.

A/N 2: I would like to thank kami-anne, hobabyswife, and MCMLLTM for subscribing. Thank You! :)

A/N 3: Also if anyone is inrested in learing more about microexpressions and all that, but don't want to read about; you can watch Lie to Me. Unfourntly there were only three sesons made for this show. But they are all still good