Day 3 Part 2

7 Days

Outside Rigsby’s Apartment - Wednesday 9:45am


Hana was currently standing outside her car with her father just staring at her, while Hoya was sitting inside. “So I am going to assume that, that boy is the one your mother told me about.” Hana nodded. “Were you planning on introducing him to me.”


“We’re not dating.”


“Oh really? Then you go around kissing men you don’t date.”


“No.” Hana grumbled.


“That’s what I thought. Bring him home for dinner tonight. I want to meet him.”


“Are you serious? What are you even doing here? You’re the Chief.”


“Hana, you know that from time to time I do ride alongs making sure everything is okay, and seeing if there are things we need to improve. I was with Officer Young today.” Great that meant that creep is somewhere here. “Officer Young is going to take me back to my office. I will you see you tonight.” Hana saw her father walking towards Young and she noticed him staring at her. But what really caught her attention was the way he was staring. It looked like was pissed at her. She was suddenly reminded of the roses from last night, could it be Young? For three years he has not left her alone. She was starting to feel a little scared. She quickly climbed into her car.


Hoya could now see she was clearly frightened of something. He assumed it had something to do with her father. “So what happened?” Hana did not respond. She seemed to be in deep thought. “Hana?” Hoya shook her shoulder.


“Huh? Sorry I didn’t hear you?”


“I asked what happened?”


“With what?”


Hoya gave Hana a weird look. “With your father?”


“Oh. He wants you to come for dinner at my family home tonight. You don’t have to, I am sure you are busy even if your concert got canceled.”


“It’s fine, I would love to go.” Hana smiled. There was another knock on her door. She hoped to God that it was not her father. She looked and it was Mars.


“Hana, we are heading to the garage now. You coming?”


“Yes, we’re right behind you.”


---


James Rigsby’s Garage - Wednesday 10:30am


Hana and Hoya got out of the car and waited outside the garage. Because James was considered a dangerous suspect the police had to clear the garage first. While they waited Hoya was worrying about Hana. Something had scared back at the apartment, but what was it? He was about to ask, but Mars came out. “It’s clear Hana. It looks like James is not here.”


“Then where is he?” She asked.


“The girl who was here last time, Lucy, she said he got a call from his wife and he took all the money and left.”


“How was she able to call? Wasn’t someone watching her?” Hoya asked.


“She was on the phone when we got there. It must have been James.”


Hana could see that Hoya was about to lose it. She grabbed his hand like last time and gave it a squeeze. He calmed down, but just a little. “Lets look inside. Maybe there is a clue to where he has gone.” Hana went inside with Hoya right behind her. She went into the office and saw Fang trying to open the safe. She looked around the desk and saw a bunch of pamphlets for campgrounds in Massachusetts. “Mars, did you put an APB out for his car?”


“Doing it now.”


“Make sure every campground in the area has one. It seems James likes to spend time in the woods.”

“Okay.”


“Got it!” Hana turned and saw that Fang was able to open the safe. “Strange, there seems to be only tapes in here. And by tapes I mean VHS tapes. Do people have VHS players anymore?”


“He does.” Hoya said pointing to the old VHS player on the filing cabinet next to the small tv.


“Put it in.” Mars said. Fang put the tape in and pressed play. The tape first showed the living room of James’s apartment. Then it went down the hall to the last door on the left. It opened to a room with pink walls with a bunch of Infinite posters hung on them. Hana knew this was Alice’s room, and considering that this tape was in a safe at his office she already knew what was on it. Hana saw the tape focusing on Alice. She was handcuffed to the bed. She heard James’s voice on the tape.


“Your mother is visiting her sister in New Jersey for two days. That means for two days you can make as much noise as you want. I closed the garage so I can spend time with you, my favorite .” James grabbed Alice’s shirt and ripped it off and she screamed at the top of her lungs. Hana shut off the tv not wanting Hoya to see anymore. She looked at Hoya and his face was completely blank again.


“Hoya?” Hana whispered. Hoya turned and left the office. She was about to follow him when Mars stopped her.


“He needs space. Just wait a bit.” Hana nodded. For the next hour or so she helped Mars process the garage. When they were done she went to her car. She saw Hoya was inside talking on the phone. She entered her car.


“Don’t worry hyung, we will find him. I swear it.” Hoya hung up the phone.


“Who was that?”


“Sunggyu.”


“What did you tell him?”


“We found the evidence that we need to arrest James Rigsby, but he has fled. Sunggyu is worried that he won’t be found. I was just trying to reassure him.”


“We are done right now. Do you want me to drop you off at the hotel?”


“I’m not ready to see them yet. They will know something is wrong and I will be forced to tell them about Alice’s of a mother and the video tape. I don’t want them to know about that stuff, because then they will start to blame themselves like did.”


“Are you still up for going to dinner at my parents home?”


“Yes. I told you I wanted to meet them.” Hoya gave her a small smile.


Hana smiled back too. “Then you can come to my apartment.”


Hoya smirked. “Are you sure we aren’t moving too fast.”


Hana rolled her eyes. “Get your head out of the gutter.” She heard him chuckling. She was happy that he was acting like himself again.


“What are we waiting for? Lets go.” Hana started her car. She was happy that Hoya was coming to her apartment, not only was she spending more time with him but also she won’t be alone in her apartment. She did not want to be alone there, not after what happened last night.

 


A/N: I would like to thank AnitaSA for subscribing :)

Patrick Star: a fan of Infinite or ice cream?

I could not stop laughing when I saw that pic.