Chpt. 6 Explanation

I want to Run from THEM

"Okay, see you guys later." Feng bid us a farewell. 

"Yep!" We all waved and bowed him as a thank you. Umma was waiting for us in the van. We dropped everyone off, except Luhan and Sehun. With them living close to us, they just walk home. 

"Anneyeong!" Luhan said as he and Sehun walked home. I waved back and walked into the house. I changed and grabbed my backpack and phone. 

"Chunghyun," Umma called for him. "Walk with Hyunjae to the library."

"Okay, okay." Chunghyun walked out from his room and followed vehind me. "Why did you have to go to the library after practice?!"

"Do you want me to fail?" I scoffed.

"No."

"Then, walk with me to the library." I ran down the stairs, not waiting for my brother.

"Get back here, babo!" he shouted.

"my project isn't waiting forever to be finished." I stopped at the door. "Come on, come on!"

"Wait, I think I did something to my back during practice." He whined.

"Nevermind, I'll go by myself." I opened the door and walked to the library.

"Yah!" Chunghyun slammed the door shut.

 

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

 

"Drugs, Kim 5603. Kim 5603." I muttered to myself, looking through the selection of drugs and alcohol. "Ugh! This library is like having to look through a library!" 

"I agree." I heard a voice agree with me. There was only me and two other people here, the librarian and another student.

"Who's there?" I clutched onto one of the books.

"Me." There popped out Suho, part of EXO. 

"Please don't hurt me. I-"

"I'm not going to hurt you. Who do you think I am? Hitler?"

"But, but, you're a part of EXO for crying out loud!"

"Shh!" We heard the librarian hush me.

"Okay, about that..." Suho put his hands out for explanation. "It's just a set-up. Jessica's been the one who's been doing this. We're like her puppets she controls, along with the queenkas, Girls Generation."

"Wow. Is EXO the kingkas?" I looked back at the shelf I was originally on.

"Kris made an agreement with them, dragging us along, making us the kingkas." he huffed silently.

I ignored his words, still looking for my book.

"Are you listening?" Suho poked my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I found the book and grabbed it off the shelf. "But, why did he have to make the agreement? Why is he dating Jessica and keeping it a secret? Why does he want to use me as 'girlfriend?' Can't he just say he is dating Jessica? Or should I just kill myself now? There are no more resons wh-"

"Stop it with the questions!" Suho almost shouted. "Ask Kris, not me!"

"Why are you even talking to me?!" I turned and walked away from him. "Argh! No matter what, Kris will never reveal anything. What's going to happen if i do make the agreement? Have a 'wedding' and I'm his fake wife, as he runs away with Jessica?"

"Can you stop asking questions?" Suho followed me.

"Can you stop following me and answering in question formation?" I grabbed my books and notes. I plucked my library card from my pocket and rushed to the front desk. I scanned my card and then my books.

"Thank you!" The librarian called out from her behind her book as I exited the building. I heard Suho's panting behind me.

I clutched the books and booked it home. Huffing, Suho kept on running behind me. I arrived home and I hurridely knocked on the door.

"Hey, Hyunjae." Chunghyun opened the door. I burst right in and drop the books onto the kitchen counter.

"Close it!" I screamed. "He's out there, stalking me." I crawled to the ground and to the living room bay window.

                   

"Who is 'stalking' you?" Chunghyun closed the door.

"Suho-ssi." I closed the curtains. "He's out there."

There was then a knock on the door. I squeaked and ducked behind the couch.

 

"Do not. Open. That. Door." I grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly.

"It's not Suho." Chunghyun looked from the one of the kithchen windows. "It's Kris."

"That's worse than Suho!" I threw the pillow up and climbed onto the floor. I ninja rolled across the floor to the kitchen and pulled the curtains closed.

"What are you doing?!" We both heard Kris call from the other side of the door. "I forgot my bag of clothes in there. Can I at least come in?"

"Okay." Chunghyun said. "Hyunjae, get his bag of close from my room and bring it down here."

I nodded and ran up the stairs to the hallway where our bedrooms were. Except for Umma and Appa. Theirs are in the attic.

I rummaged through Chunghun's room, trying to find Kris's blue sports bag for his clothes. I found it and ran down the hall and to the front door. I swung open the door and threw the bag at him.

"Merry Christmas." I sarcastically say and shut the door. There was another knock, so I opened it and found Suho.

"Eep!" I squeaked and tried to close the door.

"Do you want to know what Kris is up to?" he pushed the door open.

"Hello, Suho." We heard Umma chime. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, just asking Hyunjae if she wanted to go for a walk at the park." he lied. 

"Are you going to leave such a nice young man hanging there, Hyunjae?" she looked at me.

"I was just about to ask you." I went played along with Suho. "May I?"

"With Suho? Sure. He's such an angel." 

"Ahh... Okay." I turned away from her. "Okay. We'll be back before nine. Alright. See ya, I promise I will not be late. Let's go." I rushed and pushed Suho out.

"Bye, Kwang-yang." Suho waved and walked along with me. "I promise to get her back here safely."

"Araso." We heard Umma say before closing the door.

 

ヽ(^o^)ρ┳┻┳°σ(^o^)/

 

"So, the deal with Kris has nothing to do with the bullying?" I ask as I sit on a bench. 

"Tell that to 'Sica." Suho sighed as he sat next to me. "The reason why Kris wants you as his 'girlfriend' is that he has gotten attached to you for the past year."

"Attach as in..."

"Love." 

"Oh, wow. Is that he looks like he's starting to run out of ideas for me?"

"Pretty much. But you do know 'Sica is in our music class, right?" hge asked.

"Yeah, so?" I answered.

"The only reason why Kris wanted to be in your group is that he was asked my Jessica to be in her group. But then he asked Mr. Lee if he could be in your group. So he could get a little closer to you."

"What the hell, Kris." 

"Yeah. So just do the agreement, he won't bother you after that. He'll try his best to stop what Jessica is doing."

"Than what does Jessica have to do with this?" I asked, now in confusion.

"She hated you for years." Suho chuckled. "Who doesn't?"

"I'm going to leave now." I said, feeling hurt. I stood up.

"No, wait." He pulled at my arm. "I didn't mean that. I'm sorry, forgive me on my words."

"Araso." I sat back down.

"Okay, do you remember that time when you won best dressed for the day?" 

"I only wore a sun dress, a cardigan, and flats. And that day, we got to wear anything than our unforms."

"Well, let's say that someone voted many times for you that day." 

"Kris?" 

"Neh." He beamed. "Jessica thought Kris would vote for her because she had a crush on him and confessed it. Guess what did he say."

"No?" I fiddled with my hair.

"Close. But he said, 'Oh. I like you too?'"

"The question mark?"

"That's what didn't get 'Sica. Kris said it in a question, which she never noticed. That's when she dressed her best and tried to impress Kris when his eyes were only on you."

"Hmm."

"Yep. So during lunch, I was just chilling with him and he just blurt something to us. 'I'm going to vote for Hyunjae for best dressed girl. She's so pretty in that yellow and pink floral sundress, pale pink cadigan and yellow flats.' I stared at him as if he were crazy. Luckily Jess didn't hear it."

I giggled and blushed. I set my hands on my face, trying to hide myself from him. I felt the heat radiating on my cheeks.

"You're so cute when you blush red." Suho chuckled and set his colds hands on my face. My face began to cool as my head was turned towards him. I stopped giggling once he saw my face in awe. "You're not afraid of me."

"What are you talking about?" I push his hands away. "I kinda am, but the laughing makes me lose the outside world."

"Oh. Stay here, I need to show you something." He stood up. "I'll be back. I'm going to my house, it's not far from here."

"Okay." I smiled. He waved and jogged off. I felt happier around Suho, he just seemed to tell what really goes on.