Chpt. 3 Hiding the Truth

I want to Run from THEM

Friday, the gang was over, but mom left the snacks at the cafe. So i am going alone while the others are making up a dance. Kris was going to be late becuase he forgot something. Apparently, they decided to sleep over for the weekend so they didn't have to get up and come over to our place. I walked into the cafe and noticed some of the employees were still cleaning up.

"Anneyeonghaesayo Hyunjae!" They greeted me as I walked in.

"Anneyeong." I bowed a little. "My mother told me she left some stuff here for me to pick up."

"It's in the storage room." One of them said. "She called to tell us to put them in the storage room while you come and pick it up."

"Okay." I walked to the storage room. I found a box of snacks and water bottles stacked together. I picked it up and walked out. "Gamhapsimida!" I thanked as I strained myself to walk out the door.

"Hyunjae!" I heard someone call my name again. I looked back to find Kris running to me again. I stopped and waited for him.

"Sorry." He panted. "I had to grab some extra clothes. Here, let me help."

"Okay." I turned towards him and he took it from me. "You're being really nice to me. Why?"

"Long story." he huffed. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Wae? I still believe you should go back to the bossy, mean Kris."

"I can't tell you. I would, but i'm sure you'll spread it to the school."

"Then how come Luhan and Sehun know?" I quickly covered my mouth. "Oops."

"What?" Kris looked at me as we continued to walk. "Luhan and Sehun? Do you three have something you're keeing from EXO?"

"No. Nothing, it's just that-"

"What? Not have anything between the three of you?"

"I said it's nothing! We have nothing!"

"Then how come I saw you and Chunghyun join those two? They're part of EXO, your bullies and you're not supposed to be allies with them!"

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Excuse me?" he stopped and gave me an angry look.

"I said sorry! Okay? Just leave me!" I ran off from him.

~(/^0^)/~

Kris's P.O.V.

"Where's Hyunjae?" They all asked me as i walked into the basement.

"She ran away." I dropped the box and water bottles on the ground.

"Aish!" Chunghyun stood up and ran out from the house. We all followed him. We followed him to the park, going closer to the lake.

"Hyunjae!" We all called her name. "Hyunjae! Where are you?!"

There was a light sobbing sound coming from the lake shore. We ran and found Hyunjae in the grass and bawling her eyes out. Chunghyun and Amber ran to her.

"What's wrong?" they both asked her. She kept on spilling her tears.

"What did you do?!" Chunghyun stood up and ran to me. "What did you say?! You know she's sensitive around you! Do you even know why? Because she's used to how you treat her. She can't fight it because you do nothing but hurt her. She's used to how you all ways pick on her. And she can never fight it!"

"Chunghyun, calm down." Luhan said. "It's not his fault. It's ours too."

"No!" Chunghyun shouted. "Kris is the one who started it all! I don't trust him around my sister because of how many times he likes to torture Hyunjae! She's used to how she cries a lot and how you yell and hit her! I'm surprised no one suspended you yet!"

"Chunghyun!" Luhan yelled. "She needs time alone."

"She's always alone!" he shouted again He stepped away. "The only people she can trust is Amber, Luna, Luhan, Sehun, and I. Plus our parents. Oops."

"Hey, I'm sorry." I tried to say. "I didn't realize it'll happen this bad."

"Have you ever even hurt others?" Chunghyun asked harshly. "Because the only people I see you bully is her. My sister."

"Chunghyun." Hyunjae hoarsely spoke. "You just spilled our secret. Kris, please, no more yelling. It gives me headaches."

"Haha." Amber chuckled. "Let's go home and eat ice cream. Girl time."

"Okay." she stood up. "Luna?"

"Ice cream!" Luna ran to them. "Boys, you go work on the dance."

"But we're thuppothed to work together." Sehun said.

"Okay." Amber rolled her eyes playfully. "We'll eat ice cream after practice."

~\(^.^)/~

Hyunjae's P.O.V.

We were setting up sleeping bags in my room for Luna and Amber. I threw a few pillows towards them.

"Yah!" They said threw a pillow at me. "What was that?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. 

"Girls!" Mom called out. "You girls want a snack?"

"Ice cream!" The three of us called and then giggled. "Let's go!" We ran out from my room and to the kitchen below. I grabbed a few spoons, bowls, bags chips and pretzels. Amber took the ice cram from the freezer and Luna grabbed the napkins. We ran upstairs back to my room.

"You girls better share with the boys!" Mom and dad yelled out.

"Maybe!" Amber and Luna yelled back. We giggled again.

"Where are you going with those?" We heard Chunghyun ask as we entered my room.

"No where." Amber his the ice cream behind her. "We're going no where."

"Yeah right. Give it."

"No, no, no." I pushed them into my room then I locked the door once I entered.

"So, why has Kris been doing this to you?" Amber scooped out some ice cream and ate it.

"I don't know." I poured some chips into a bowl. "He just started and wouldn't give up. I have a question too. Who's Kris's secret girlfriend?"

"Jessica." They both said.

"But why don't I see them together?" I was now confused.

"Because Kris doesn't want to be seen with her." Luna grabbed a handful of pretzels. "Jessica is also the 'leader' of Kris's now fandom. 'Kris-lets', annoying.Mini versions of Kris. They're quite mean. But I think that's how Kris treats you as well."

"Thanks Luna." I picked some chips. "I don't understand why he would use me for his 'girlfriend.'"

"Only a few members from EXO know why." Amber ate more ice cream. "Luhan and Sehun know."

"And they won't tell me." I  ate the chips. "Oh well. Let's talk about something else."

┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)

Kris's P.O.V.

 

I noticed Chunghyun avoiding my eyes. He would look away from me when I turned to look at him. Being in the same room as him was awkward. Luhan and Sehun broke the awkwardness.

"So let's play a game of the truth with the girls." Luhan shrugged. "It's really awkward in here without them." 

"Sure." Chunghyun got up and walked to Hyunjae's room. "Dongsaeng, want to play truth or dare?"

"Wae?" We heard the girls say. "Are you trolling us?"

"No."

"I don't know." Hyunjae's voice rang in my ears. "Is this a joke?"

"Nope." Chunghyun said. "We're bored. And it's a little awkward. Please?"

"Why do I have to?" 

"Your my little sis, and we're guys who need to have fun."

"You guys want to play?"

"I guess. We have nothing else to do than gossip." Amber replied. 

Pssh, gossip. I thought to myself. Girls.

"Kris, let's go to the living room." Chunghyun sternly said to us. Luhan and Sehun stood up and ran to the living room.

"Yah! Wait for me!" I shouted as I stood up from Chunghyun's bed. We entered their large living room. Hyunjae and her friends were carrying in the food they were eating. Sheesh do they eat a lot!

 

(/>.<)/ 

Hyunjae's P.O.V

 

"Hyunjae, truth or dare?" Sehun asked. 

"Uh, truth?" I gave an unsure answer.

"Who do like at thchool?"

I sat there in frustration. There wasn't really anyone because they mostly ignored me because of EXO. "Uh..." 

"Come on." Luhan sat on the edge of the sofa. "Who? We promise we won't tell him."

Who?  I thought as i nibbled my lip. Come on, no one likes me back.

"Tell us." Kris grunted. "We so won't tell."

"Sehun." I heard myself blurt out. That was not my answer. Stupid Jae. 

"That was so uncalled for." Chunghyun slapped his face.

"Aww." Amber and Luna both awed. "That's cute."

"Uh..." Sehun began to turn beet red.

"Anything to say, Sehun." Kris plainly said to him.

"No..."

"Well, Hyunjae, your turn."

"Kris, truth or dare." I needed to get the truth why he needed to use me as his "girlfriend."

"For suspense, truth." Kris crossed his legs. "Get the truth from me, your bully."

"Why do you want to 'date' me when you'rea all ready dating Jessica?" 

Silence filled the room. Kris looked at me like I was crazy. Luna looked at me in surprise. Amber turned her head away from me. Kris huffed a sigh and answered.

"It's because I like you." He sighed.

"Whoa." The rest of us were thrown back. "That was really uncalled for."

"I'm serious, she's my world. i love her more than Jessica. More than anything in the world."

"That's awkward." Luhan and Sehun said.

"But that'th not what you thaid early, Krith." Sehun said. "You thaid you were going to uthe her to make Jethica leave you."

"You dare not say that!" Kris shouted.

"What is going on?!" Mom and dad called out. "Did someone say something bad?"

"Nothing Umma and Appa!" Chunghyun called out. "We're just playing a game!"

"You better sleep later." Umma walked into the kitchen to get some water. "We're bringing you somewhere tomorrow that'll help you guys with your group."

"Okay... But mom, when are we leaving?"

"Early tomorrow."

"Yes, ma'am." Chunghyun nodded. "Leave us now, we're playing a game that Kris doesn't want to play."

"Why should I leave?" Umma rolled her eyes and walked over to us. "I'm sure he's fine now."

"Mrs. Kwang, your daughter is the most sweetest thing I have ever seen in life." Kris sweetly said. 

"Ah, she can be. But she can be a hassle at times."

"She's really sweet, I do love that."

"No!" I threw the pillow from my hands. "He's just lying! You never seen him at school! He's a big fat bu-"

"She's just kidding." Kris smiled deviously. 

"She's such a cutie." Umma smiled and walked back to the kitchen. "I need you guys to sleep around ten o'clock,okay?"

"Neh." We all said.