Chpt. 2 Awkward but Mean

I want to Run from THEM

 I woke up to my alarm. Getting out of bed, my mom was yelling my name.

"Hyunjae!" She called out. "We gotta get your brother to the dentist's office."

I yawned and walked out the bedroom.

"When did he have an appointment?" I yawned once more.

"He needs to have a cavity filled." Mom was putting her hair up. "We'll drop you off at school before we get to the dentist's."

"Okay." I gulped, fearing Kris would come after me again. I walked back the stairs and cleaned myself up in the bathroom. I went back into my room and put on my uniform. I tied my hair into a fish braid and stuffed my books into my backpack. Walking back down the stairs to the kitchen, Chunghyun was eating breakfast. I poured milk into a glass and toasted some bread. Waiting for it to pop from the toaster, I looked in my contacts. Looking for who matched the unknown number. No one.

"Chunghyun, do you know wjp'a number this is?" I shoved my phone into his face. He stared at the the number. He took put his phone and looked through his contacts.

"It looks like Jessica (not hatin' on her!)." He showed Jessica's number to me. "She's the one who created the so called 'fan club' for Kris."

"That's a little dumb." I pulled my phone from his face. "Is she a big fan of Kris?"

"I don't know." He locked his phone and pit it into his pocket. "All I know is that she seems to be really close with Kris. Really, seriously close."

"Almost like brothers and sisters close?" I turned around to find the bread toasted. 

"Yeah like that. But I don't get why they are so close when Jessica's like his 'fan.'" 

I nodded and spread peanut butter onto the bread slices. I took out a banana and cut it into small slices. I places them onto the bread and ate it.

"But why would Jessica call you about it?" Chunghyun kept on eating.

"Maybe it's because of what Kris said to me yesterday." I swallowed some milk.

"That too." 

"Chunghyun, Hyunjae, let's go!" Mom called out. Dad came and kissed her goodbye. He gave us hugs and left the house. I stuffed my mouth of my breakfast and chugged down my milk.

"Brain freeze." I paused for a second. I set my plate and cup into the sink and pulled on my socks and shoes. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and went to the car. I say in the back seat as Chunghyun and mom climbed into the front seats. She started the car and drove me to school.

I climbed out from the car as mom and Chunghyun called out their goodbyes to me. I waved and walked towards the school entrance. The students all stopped and looked at me. I looked down, knowing what would come next. I heard footsteps walking up to me. I bowed my head towards the ground, moving to the left to avoid them. But they caught me.

"Where are you going?" Lay grabbed my hand. "Kris needs to talk with you."

"Aheh," I chuckled to myself. "Why would he need to talk with me? He all ready does everyday."

"In a mean way."

"You mean he's going to talk to me in a mean way? Oh, I didn't know for all those years he was talking to me nicely. I appreciate those comments he gave me. They gave the confidence to tell him he needs to let out a little more meanness out from himself. He needs to work on it."

Everyone stopped in confusion. 

"No, seriously." Lay sarcastically says.

"I mean, why isn't he doing the work for himself. But instead he's using you and ten others to do his dirty work."

"That's not true." I voice came into view. "I'm only using them because they're my friends."

"Uh, you call them friends?" I looked up at him. "They seem to really hate you right now."

"No, they hate you."

"Did you know 'hate' is such a strong word?" I was trying to trick him into forget about me. 

"Well no duh." Kris crossed his arms. 

"That deal you wanted to do? I will say no." I said.

"I'm sorry, but it's still open for only you." 

"Heads, I don't have to. Tails, you don't have to." I grabbed a coin from my pocket and flipped it. I caught it and it landed on heads. "I don't have to."

"Fine, be that way." Kris raised his hand to hit me.

"Kids, get to your homerooms!" A teacher yelled out. We all scattered around. I went to my locker and shoved everything into it. 

~\(•o•\)~

Music, the only class I have with all twelve people of EXO. Great. I walked in carrying my things. Someone came a book flopped my things to the floor. I groaned and kneeled to the floor to pick it up. I felt someone else's presence come closer. I looked up at the person and saw Sehun.

"People thesthe dayth need to know rethpect." Sehun handed me my papers.

"I agree." I stuck my papers into the folder. "Who did it anyway?"

"Thuho." 

"I thought he was the more mature one along with Xiumin."

"He bathically chose to be with uth."

"So he switched his attitude to this mean Auho." I shook my head. "Remember when he was so nice and kind?"

"Yeah." Sehun stood up. i picked up the remainder of my papers and went to my seat, in between them all. And then next to the annoying Kris.

"I hope you all are up for competition today." Mr. Lee sang awfully high.

"Could you not sing, Mr.Lee?" One of Tue other kids asked.

"Well, then." Mr. Lee talked. "I will stop."

I sat there, wanting to get away. All of the girls around me began to whine because I was sitting next, or let's say in between all twelve of these guys who really get on my nerves. Except Luhan and Sehun, they're my friends and will never get on my nerves. 

"This week, or into next week," Mr. Lee began to write on the board. "You and a group of students, up to six, will have to make a choreography and song. First place winners in each class gets to go and compete against each other in the school wide competition and so on. You have a week and a half to make a choreography, a week and a half for a composing of a a song, lyrics, then practice. This must be completed by the end of the month, which you have about thirty some days to be ready. You will be able to pick your own groups up to six in a group."

Oh my God. I thought to myself. I hope I'm not dragged into a group that's going to make me do all of the work. Or with Kris. I should work with Luhan and Sehun.

I looked at Sehun and Luhan's direction. They gave me their "we'll save you" faces. I nodded and turned back to the front. 

"This is what you'll be judged on." Mr. Lee handles out grading sheets to us. My stomach churned as we read over the sheet. Then the door opened. We turned and found Chunghyun at the door and holding his folders.

"Mr. Kwang." Mr. Lee glared at him. "You're late. Go and take you seat. Someone help him with what we're talking about."

"Uh, I'm not late." Chunghyun walked over to Mr. Lee and handed him a late pass. "See, I'm just tardy. If they mean the same thing, I'm then terribly sorry."

"Just get to your seat, Chunghyun."

"Yes, sir." Chunghyun nodded and walked to his seat, which was behind me. "Whaz going on?" His voice sounded slurred.

"Competition." I handed him the grading paper.

"Sounds cool. We should team up with good people."

"So called good?"

"Luhan and Sehun." he whispered. Kris's eyes shot at the both of us. We froze at his sight. I turned my head towards him and rolled my eyes.

"What are you looking at, jerk?" I harshly said towards him. 

"Nothing." Kris looked away. 

"So, class." Mr.Lee began once again. "Choose a good group, six people per group. And you must practice too. You have the rest of the hour to plan this all out. Go on, and get into groups."

Everyone stood up as well I did. I walked over to Sehun and Luhan, but then pulled away by someone else.

"Hyunjae!" I heard a female voice call out. "You should be in my group!" 

I turned around to find Amber and Luna. Thank God. I thought happily. 

"I was going to be with Chunghyun," I began to lower my voice. "And Luhan and Sehun."

"Oh, we could do that too!" they both happily said. "That'll be an easy six!" 

"Hyunjae!" Chunghyun rushed all three of us to their side. The three of us nodded and we walked to their side.

"We got a team of six." I grabbed Amber and Luna. "Okay, now that our team is together, what should we call ourselves?"

"S.W.A.G. C.R.E.W." Luhan thought quickly.

"What?" the rest of us asked. 

"Like "Swag Crew?'" Amber asked confused.

"No, S-sarang, W-what, A-always, G-goes. C-can't, R-reject, E-everybody's, W-ways." Luhan explain on a piece of paper. 

"Oh!" we all exclaimed. 

"So you're saying we gotta love what goes missing or somewhere else and can never bring someone down?" I asked him to clear it up. 

"Kinda like that." Luhan nodded. "But let's say we have to love the things we hate. And we should never put someone's dreams down."

"It's good, but I think we should change it just by a little." Luna took the paper and began to write her idea down. "BECWH Crew. Be Excited Cuz We're Here Crew. The WH is silent."

"Let's all throw our ideas into this." I took out another sheet of paper. "What about this, we all have our first letter of our name. Then we add an acronym for our last word."

"L, L, C, S, A, and  H." Amber thought out loud. "What about 'S.C.H.A.L.L. Crew?"

"S.C.H.A.L.L Crew," Chunghyun nodded in approval. "Sounds weird but mysterious. We'll go with that. On to our next thing. A dance, what are we going to dance to?_

"We're a pretty hyped up group." Sehun pointed out. "The  thomething that'th catchy and energizing."

"Dubstep." We said at once. We laughed at it.

"It's fun and energizing." I wrote pur idea onto the paper. "Plus, it's mysterious as well. You never know when a drop comes into play."

"Yes!" Luhan jumped up. "We'll do that!"

"Shh! Luhan, be quiet." Luna shushed him. "No one else is suppose to know."

"Okay, okay. Let's find a song first. But what song?"

"First of the Year by SKRILEX." Chunghyun and I both said.

"Let me play the song." I quickly took my phone out from my uniform jacket. I began to play it until the drop. Everyone was in a mood to dance right there.

"Let's meet up at each other's places and we make up our choreography." I stopped the music and locked my phone. "Let's meet this weekend and Friday night at my and Chunghyun's place. We'll be explain more when we meet up."

"Sure," Amber agreed. "We could use the basement for our dance practices and at my place for costume design with Luna."

"Okay, let me write it down first." I scribbled down on the paper. "Chunghyun, you and I will have to stock up on snacks and water."

"Excuse me." We heard Mr.Lee come up to us. "Do you have a group name yet?"

"Yep." Sehun smiled. "We're Thall Crew."

"He means S.C.H.A.L.L. Crew." I said when Mr.Lee's face looked at us confused.

"Okay then," he raised his brows. "We have to put an extra in your group. He apparently has no group."

"The more merrier!" Luna smiled. 

"Okay, hope you guys don't mind if Kris joins."

My face fell. Oh no. I thought, horrified. It can't be happening. We all gave bland nods to him. Kris gave us a 'smile' and happily joined.

"Not a problem sir." We all said and quickly glared at Kris.

"Well, you guys behave." Mr.Lee walked off.

"He talks to us as if we were five year olds." Amber frowned. "I guess we'll have to change the group name."

"You don't have to." I crossed out our original name. "We'll just call it S.C.H.A.L.L. Krew. Crew with a 'K'. Add a little spiff to it."

"You are so of ideas today." Luhan chuckled. "Okay, we meet up on Fridays and the weekends. We meet up at Amber or Luna to put together costumes."

"Okay." Kris made mental notes. "So what time so we meet up on the weekends?"

"We meet at Hyunjae's place at nine to six. Maybe longer. Luna's or Amber's place from five to seven twice a week on Wednesdays and Thursdays."

"On Fridays after thchool to Hyunjae's plathe." Sehun added. The bell rang and we packed our stuff and left the room. "Hyunjae!" I heard my name being called out. I turned around and found Kris running after me.

"What?" I walked to the side of the hall. "Need me for something?"

"I don't know where you live." he mumbled.

"Just follow me and you'll find out." I suggested. "But don't stalk me."

"No I won't." he looked down at me as we walked.

"Are you okay?" I gave him owl eyes. "You're staring at me and it's awkward. Plus, aren't you supposed to my bully. I swear, it's awkward."

"What?" Kris looked to the other side. Giving girls smirks. 

I left him to go to my locker. BANG! Everyone stopped and I turned around to find Kris stumbling over a garbage can they set in the halls.

"Pshh. Babo." I opened my locker. 

"Okay..." Chunghyun raised his eyebrows at me. "Are you and him- ya know..."

"No." I took out my maths textbook and notebook. "He's trying to make it look like it."

"Mm-hm. Well, see you after school." He walked off as I went across the school to my last class.