Chpt. 16 Painful Memories

I want to Run from THEM

I watched him walk into the bathroom. I couldn't believe he liked me! Everything he tried to hint, when he gave me his suit jacket, when he described how to act like a man from Luhan, everything! From the time he "bullied" me to now! Why haven't I seen it?! Ugh! I caught Luhan looking at me with disbelief. I sigh, knowing it was painful for Sehun to be loved by someone else. I go up the stairs to the bathroom to hear silent sobs from the room.  

"Why did I have to be so slow?!" I hear him quietly cry out. "Why did I wait? Kris has done the dumbest things to her, why not me? Now Suho. I... Hyunjae, i know you're out there."

"Shoot." I mutter. I open the door to reveal a red, puffy eyed Oh Sehun. He was sitting on the bathroom floor, still in his school uniform. I walk in, closing the door behind me. "Sehun, I'm sorry."

"Don't be." He says through sniffles. "I already go through as much pain as you."

"No, you don't. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I was scared. I wanted to say it during graduation. But, it all hurt too much to see you with Kris."

"It's all a set up. If Kris really loved me, he would have stopped the bullying by now, not kicked me out from Seoul High, he would tell his parents, anything dumb to get him kicked out of Seoul High to keep me."

He pulled me into a hug. He let his tears fall onto my shirt. "Don't leave me. Don't."

I sat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder as he let the rest of his tears fall. I pat his head as we sat in the bathroom and let him cry. 

"Sehun? Hyunjae?" We heard Luhan ask. "Is everything okay?"

"Neh." I say. "Just upset."

"You've been in there for at least half an hour."

"Oh. Sehun?" (xD "Oh. Sehun" Oh Sehun~)

"Hmm?" He looked at me. 

"Do you feel better?"

He nods his head and stands up. He pulls me up with him, "Let's go."

I smile and open the door, to find a puzzled Luhan and an approving Chunghyun at the doorway. I looked at Chunghyun, who's smiling like an idiot. Luhan, who's looking at Sehun in an approving manner. I look at Sehun, who's having a small smile on his face. I look back at the two smling idiots.

"If you weren't going on that date, I would have approved." Chunghyun chuckled.

"Since when were you in charge of my dating?" I cross my arms. 

"Ever since now."

"And when did Luhan become his you assistant?" 

"Ever since Sehun told me." Luhan smirks. "He's a guy to love forever. Don't lose him!"

I laugh, knowing Sehun is going to be a perfect guy to be with. But I don't know. I still have to wait after college. Well, we all do. I loko at Sehun, who's blushing like a madman. If madman ever blush. He looked at me with a smile and a nod. I blush, knowing things will probably go well. I look back at Chunghyun and Luhan, who are smiling like idiots. 

"Guys?" We hear Umma call out. "Is everything okay up there?"

"Yeah!" Chunghyun says. "We're just talking about things."

"Well, with Hyunjae being the only girl up there, I don't think I trust it."

"Umma, she's have worse. She can handle it."

"Right. Hyunjae, finish your work. Sehun, your mom is dropping your things off. Luhan, your dad said you have to go home."

"Arasso!" We all said. 

"Well, i better go." Luhan says and walks down the hall. "Don't wanna be late!" We hear the door slam shut with Umma yelling a late good bye to him. We all stood there silently, and awkwardly. I scratched the back of my head in awkwardness. 

"So..." Sehun began. "What now?"

"Time for me to go back to studying!" I say. "I have a test tomorrow. Sehun, wanna help?"

"Yes!" He smiled. 

"Well, I got to get ready for tomorrow." Chunghyun shrugs. "Have fun you two." He walked away. Sehun and I shrug and go into my room.

"Sehun-ah, I still have your suit jacket from prom night." I say and sit down at my desk. "It's in my closet."

"I'll take it home later." I hear him sit on my bed. "So, what are you studying for?"

"Stuff. Music mostly. It's pretty easy, but Umma and Appa still make me study." I turned in circles on my swivel chair. "So, what about you?"

"Meh... Everything became silent and different at school today."

"What?" I gave a confused look. "How?"

"Everyone stopped talking about you." Sehun began. "Kris never talked at the table. Suho just was silent treatment all day. Everyone was silent. The teachers only taught our subjects without hesitation. Mr. Lee was upset. Everything was just silent and different. I swear I was going to lose my mind."

"Oh. That must have been difficult."

"It was. I mean, seriously? The only thing they llike to talk about is you. And once you leave, everything has to go silent. I can't believe how our school is like this."

I only nod in agreement, knowing how our school is like this. Sehun sighed in frustration, pursing his lips. I sit at my desk, drawing a messy manga version of him. He just sat there on his phone, being his quiet self. I groan in frustration, bringing horrible memories of Kris and his "gang" back to me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIRD PERSON

"Haha!" Kris laughed. "Hyunjae-ah, you can't be as pretty as noona! She'll always look like a pig from the farms!"

Hyunjae was basically crying a waterfall, her uniform was splattered in dirt. Her hair was messy, she was running from the twelve boy for at least an half hour. They were in seventh grade, and Kris was having the growing habit of bullying Hyunjae out of her mind. 

"Hyunjae will never be able to look like those girls in the fashion magazines!" They all laugh. "She can't be beautiful!"

Hyunjae ran. She ran to find somewhere else to cry. Not at home, not at school, somewhere where she can cry all night and never return to the real world. Chunhyun tried to race after, but Kris only trapped him behind. Tao kicked Chunghyun's gut, making him spit out blood. 

"Hyunjae!" Chunghyun's voice could be heard as she ran. "Run home!"

But Hyunjae ignored the fact she'd get caught crying. She just kept on running away. She lived such a nice past until Kris decided to ruin it. Kris laughed as she ran in the opposite direction, but inside, he felt like a complete idiot. Hurting her feelings was probably the worst thing he could feel right now, even though he knew it felt nice on the outside.

Hyunjae ran from Kris and his "gang." Chunghyun chased after his sister. Calling out to her for her to stop. But she kept on running, never wanting to turn back. 

Kris stood there, feeling accomplished but heartbroken. He didn't mean to get his anger out on her, but he did mean to call her those things. He chuckled and turned away, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and motioning EXO to follow him.

"Let's go to my place to celebrate." Kris laughed. "We done well today."

"Woo!" Everyone one of them cheered. They picked up their bags and followed Kris home. Sehun and Luhan were in the back of them. Sehun looked proud, but he felt like a total idiot. Hurting Hyunjae's feelings, even when they're close friends, along with Luhan. Luhan's body language was mixed. He felt as if a boulder was crushing him. 

"That was fun, right, Luhan hyung?" Kris chuckled once they entered his castle like mansion.

"Huh?" Luhan looked up at Kris from his textbook. "Oh, yeah. It was."

"What about you, Sehun?" 

"I..." Sehun began. "I thought it was okay."

"'Okay?'" Kris shot Sehun a look of, what's-you're-plan look. "Do you know something much more worse?"

"Dropping a water balloon on her." Sehun said quickly. "And then throwing flour on her." Luhan shot a quick glare of "No" all over his face. Sehun shrugged and looked at Kris. He was starting to consider the idea. Maybe they could do it.

THE NEXT DAY

"Yah, Sehun!" Kris called out from behind a tree on school grounds. Sehun looked at Kris. "Come here." Sehun jogged over to his hyung and saw what Kris was holding. A water balloon. Kris pointed up at Tao, who was hiding up on the balcony and holding two water balloons. Then he saw Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho up there. Holding their own balloons, getting ready to get Hyunjae. Sehun looked at Kris, who was holding another water balloon.

"Take it before she comes." Kris handed him the balloon. Sehun only nodded, knowing it was wrong to treat his friend wrong. Sehun ran to hide behind a bush across the walking path. He noticed Luhan, running away from the scene. Sehun felt like he wanted to run, but he couldn't move. He sat there, he began to hear footsteps walk along the cobblestone sidewalk.

Ker-ploosh! He heard a water balloon pop.

"Ah!" A scream was heard. "Who- who's there?" Then more balloons popped. Sehun knew if he threw it, Hyunjae would never look at him as a friend again. He loved her more than enything in the world, but he couldn't risk himself to do it. So, he set the balloon where he sat and ran across the school grounds to watch from afar. He saw Tao and Chanyeol pour a bucket of flour onto Hyunjae. He really wanted to go out there to help, but his legs were like concrete, not wanting to move. They felt heavy. He wanted to move, but he just couldn't.

"Haha!" He could hear Kris and the others laugh. He peaked from behind a pillar and saw other kids throwing water balloons and eggs at her. Kris picked her fragile body up from the ground.

"If you ever mess with us ever again," He said. "It'll be worse. And there won't be any turning back." He slapped her face. "Nothing." He hit her once more, giving her a bloody nose. She tried to hold back the tears, but couldn't help but let them flow. This began to hurt Kris, but he wanted to leave his so called, toughness stay. Sehun looked up and saw Suho, he looked as if he wanted to jump off from the balcony and defend Hyunjae. But he couldn't, like Sehun, they both had legs of concrete. 

"Don't even think about messing with-"

"Yah!" Chunghyun's voice could be heard. "No one messes with my sister! Especially you, Kris!" He run and tackled Kris to the ground, swinging punches onto Kris. Kris caught one of Chunghyun's hands and hit him.

"No one messes with me." Kris slapped Chunghyun's hands away. "No one. Got it?"

"Nope." Chunghyun landed a punch onto Kris. "You hurt my sister, you hurt yourself." Kris knew what he said was right, he was hurting his emotions for Hyunjae. Kris pushed Chunghyun off and stood up, facing a hurt Hyunjae. 

"If you ever do anything dumb to me once more," Kris pointed fingers at her. "It'll be worse. Boys, let's go." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***************************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*************

"Hyunjae?" Sehun asks me. "Hyunjae?"

"Hmm?" I look up from my hands. They were wet from tears. I looked at Sehun, who was holding me tight. I hugged him once more, finding myself in the closet.

"It was just a memory." Sehun said and held me tight. "It was just a memory."

"Why would he do it?" I muffled into his shirt. "Why?"

"Because Kris doesn't know how to treat a girl right."

"Is it true that Kris slept with Jessica?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because he said that at prom."

"Oh, yeah. He just thinks he he slept with her. Trust me, he hasn't lost his ity yet."

"Haha." I chuckle and look up at him. "Are you sure? I hope you haven't yet."

"I haven't." He says and kisses my forehead. "You beautiful princess, I promise everything to you."

 

 

 


Annyeonghaesayo~! ASSDFGHJKL I have a thousand views and I am freaking happy!! Haha~

I love you, all of my readers. I'm throwing my hearts of love and kisses~!!

tumblr_minywvNXOy1s6e71go1_500.gif

tumblr_mragjmCAHw1qkuf72o1_500.gif

 

I'm sorry~ I'm having Xiumin feels right now... T^T