Chapter Twenty Nine

Tears of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty Eight

 

It all ends. Seohyun mutter in her mind as she stabs Thanatos in the heart. She didn’t have any combat training with Luhan. She just stabbed him in a mad way and he died. Can looks be really deceiving? Can feelings really deceive you?

She pulled out the knife once again and stabs Thanatos in the heart once again. She didn’t realize that she had been crying. Not because the fight is over, it’s because Luhan died.

The attack is over.

 Thanatos died.

Luhan died.

She survived.

Is that the consequence of having the curse of kaleidoscope eyes? Turning her back on the lifeless Thanatos, she slowly retreated herself to the lifeless Luhan. She suddenly hated her mother, if she didn’t fall in love with a human and go lurking in the shadows; Luhan is not going to die.

She’s not going to be alive either.

What is life? She thought. It’s unfair. She added.

Life’s never unfair, Seohyun~ah.  A voice speaks. Seohyun looked around but she didn’t found one. You are my daughter, I am Hekate and I am the Goddess of Crossroads, and as the goddess I am congratulating you because you have made a right decision and as a mother I am very proud of you.

“How can you say that you are proud of me when I grow up without you? You don’t know how hard to live with a curse eyes! You don’t know how hard to see two important guys in your life dying in front of you!”

My dear, your father’s life is over. That’s what the heavens want to end his life and he is happy with it. Luhan didn’t die for nothing. He risks his life because of love. It’s a forbidden word in the world of angels but he jump over the boundaries of rules and followed his heart and for you; I am giving you another test.

“A test?” Seohyun frowned. How come her mother can say the word proud and right away there’s a so-called test. She is also the goddess of what? She didn’t care. The dark surroundings vanish and she is back to the rooftop of her school.

A woman in white was standing few feet from her. Her face was an art of beauty--a total complete package of a model or maybe a winner from Ms. Universe. Her eyes are almond in color, Seohyun’s dream color of her eyes. “Yes my dear, a test.” She raised her left hand a mist formed.

“But before I gave you a test, I am granting you one wish that will affect your test.” The goddess said. “What is your wish?”

“Can I have Luhan back?”

“What do you mean?”

“Can you bring Luhan’s life back?”

“Are you sure?”

“It’s the only thing that I want right now. I want Luhan back.” Seohyun said firmly holding the gaze with the goddess. The goddess studied her for a while and breaks the contact right away. “If that’s what you want...”

She waved her hands and the mist formed a scene. “Here’s your test Seohyun. Make your decision wisely.”

 

 

Six months later.

Seohyun’s plane landed at exactly 10AM. She reached China after a couple of hours. China is the last country she would visit but something told her to go to the said foreign land for a vacation. Stepping out of the airport, a guy bump on her which makes her almost lost her balance on her high heels.

“Yah!” She shouted at the guy who bumped her. The guy stops for a while and look at her through his shades. “What?” He asked her in Chinese.

Seohyun frowned at him. She didn’t understand what did the guy said. This is another reason why she doesn’t want to go to China. She doesn’t understand Chinese language.

“Are you not going to say sorry?” She said in English. She thank that she learned English, maybe Chinese know how to speak in English.

“I’m sorry?” The guy answered her back in English.

“You bump on and I almost lost my balance and you are not going to say sorry to me?!” Seohyun said in annoyance.

“Oh that…” The guy paused for a while as if he is weighing something. “Sorry.” He muttered and walk away from her.

Seohyun stood there. “How rude that guy is!” She grunted in her spot and pulled her trolley. She called for a cab and immediately, one came. At the time she was about to hold the door, a hand open the door and she look at the guy who open the door. It’s the rude guy, she said in her mind.

“I got this cab first!” She shouted at the guy who jumps in his spot.

“No, I got this first.” The guy said.

The driver went out of the car, looked puzzled at the two. “Ajhussi,” Seohyun looked away from the rude guy and locked her gaze with the driver. “I called this cab, first right?”

“I—” The driver looked startled. “I thought the both of you know each other since you called me at same time and you are standing next to other as if you know each other.”

Seohyun looked away and looked at the rude guy. “I guess you are gentleman enough to let the lady to ride this ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter