Chapter Thirteen

Tears of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Why do phantoms appears to be mysterious and dark?"

--It's because phantoms believe that love moves in a mysterious way. They also believe that moving in darkness is their strength.

 

--Values page 56

 

Chapter Thirteen

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“KRYSTAL JUNG!” someone shouted.

I looked at the direction of the voice and found Kim Shinyeong standing. Krystal stops from walking towards me and look at my direction too.

“What’s the meaning of this, Krystal?”

“Uhm, it’s—” the two friends of Krystal tried to talk but was stop by Shinyeong’s death look. “Am I talking to the both of you?”

“Aniyo,” the both bowed.

“I heard some commotion from the students and I immediately run towards here. Care to explain it to me?” she walks towards us and looking at Krystal. “Krystal?”

“Uhm, Shin…” she turns her gaze at me and points me out. “THAT FREAK HURT ME!”

Oh well, that little drama of Krystal Jung again. I look at Shinyeong and she wink at me. Huh? What does it mean? “Really?” Shinyeong replied. “From what I have witness you yelled at her and you are going to slap her.”

“No! You got it wrong! She hurt me first so I fight back.”

Shinyeong look at me owing me and explanation. I shrug at her before answering. “I don’t know. She just bragged me from my locker and she speaks like a hen afterwards.”

“How dare you to refer me to a hen!” She raised her voice again. Is she not getting tired? She looked at back to Shinyeong. “She called Sungjae oppa seaweed brain! She insulted our president!”

“Is that so?” she said calmly. She looked me once again like did-you-really-call look. “Yeah, I called him seaweed brain…”

“YOU!”

“Krystal!” she raised her voice at Krystal once again. “It’s her opinion Krystal, in the first place you should accept since you don’t have the right to be mad at her. It should be Sungjae.”

“But Vice-President, she is flirting Sungjae oppa.”

She looked at me with a shock expression. I shrugged at her once again. “I don’t know what is she talking about, Vice President.”

“DON’T ACT LIKE YOU ARE THE INNOCENT ONE!” she said. “I saw you sitting with Sungjae oppa at the bus yesterday! You are flirting with him!”

Shinyeong and I looked at each other. Her eyes plead me to say no, that I don’t flirt at him and I on the other hand suddenly felt nervous. Did she hear what we are talking about? How’s Shinyeong reputation?

I don’t know what to say. I owe Sungjae right now. His secret was reveal. “My friends and I saw you when the bus passes by the café shop. You are such a , Joohyun.”

“It’s not what you think and I am not flirting with him.” I emphasize those two words, ‘not flirting’ for it to be clear. I breathe out. Shinyeong is safe and Sungjae owe this. I am protecting two persons here.

“Which make me happy, hyunnie.”

“Luhan?”

I waited for him to reply but I didn’t receive one. Why is Luhan acting like a mushroom? “THEN WHAT IS IT?” She yelled at me cutting my thoughts about Luhan.

I looked at Shinyeong, she’s waiting and pleading. I know I need to sacrifice. Wait is it really sacrifice? I breathe out. It’s Shinyeong I need to save. She is innocent after all and I know that if I say a wrong thing, Shinyeong would be hurt. Sungjae will be hurt and these girls will never stop to pester our lives.

“Seaweed and I…” I paused. I look around. I saw how they want to hear my answer. “were—“

“Nothing.” someone ended. We all looked around and saw Sungjae standing. Do I owe this scene to him? “Coconut husk and I were nothing. Do I need to repeat it all over again?”

I heard shouts and giggles once again. Seriously? I raised an eyebrow. Sungjae walk to my side as his eyes were pinned on Shinyeong. Shin looked down. Is she embarrassed? Is she shy about what happened yesterday?

“I don’t know why my name is being mentioned here.” Sungjae said and I feel his gaze on me.

“Oppa, we saw you with her on the bus.”

“What’s the big deal? It’s nothing.” I flinch and rolled my eyes. He is becoming boastful again. “I didn’t know that this coconut girl is…” he looks at me from head to toe. What is the problem of this seaweed brain?

“…protecting me from bullying me,” He said. “Since when did a coconut husk girl become a fan of mine?”

I feel my jaw dropped; literally open. He called me what? His fan? I heard some snickers and I am hearing too much bad words today. I rolled my eyes and walk away from him, from them. Appa, I’m sorry but I think I can’t do your favor for now.

“Why are not saying anything?” He asked me. “Because it’s true?”

I stop for a moment. How many times did I try to walk out? I can feel that my boiling point is coming. Sorry, seaweed brain. “SHUT UP SUNGJAE. HOW DARE YOU CALL ME YOUR FAN WHEN IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SIT BESIDE ME?”

I heard some giggles again. They don’t believe it? Let’s give them the last blow. I walk towards him. I suddenly feel Luhan’s presence. His is flying somewhere. His wind is weird and it makes my hair move. I don’t care. I just need to finish this mess. This is too much. “I just r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter