Chapter Twenty Four

Tears of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time mends your heart and letting go heals it.

-Anonymous.

 

Chapter Twenty Four

 

[Seohyun’s POV]

“That’s what you call a performance.” Mr. Hwang said after I hit the last key. I immediately wiped my tears and walk back to my sit without saying anything. It’s been very eerie inside the room after I performed and I feel awkward about it. As I slip down in my chair, I can feel Luhan’s gaze at me, he’s itching to say something at me but he is afraid enough to be scolded by Mr. Hwang.

“Before I call the next student, I would like to ask something to Seohyun.”

I looked at his table with no expressions painted in my face. “So what made you choose that piece? We all know that it’s very rare to see Seo Joohyun showing her emotional side and her talents.”

I raised an eyebrow at him but both of us knew that it doesn’t have an effect because of my hair. “My father wants me to sing our song before he died.” I mutter. “I dedicate the song for him.” I said softly.

“I’m sorry Seohyun.” He immediately replied which make my eyes roll. I put my head down on my desk, not minding who would be the next. As I stare at the window, my eyes squint at a single glide of the raindrop, I blink for a while and the rain just pour hardly. All of the sudden I remembered my father’s burial. No one was with me during that time at the cemetery, I never met my parent’s sibling and even though I know them, I won’t bother to call them just saying Appa died. I would rather choose to go alone.

I wipe my tears with the back of my hand, as the memories of that day flow inside my mind. After I left the cemetery, I thought that it’s just some bird pee that had fall on my cheeks and when I look up, the rain started to pour. I have cursed that day.

Officially alone in the rain I know that I have a hand holding onto my father. I told him that I will never let go of him. It’s been two years but as time pass by, my heart is getting heavier and heavier. I feel like stones are slowly being place in my heart. I don’t know if this is for holding onto my father too long or what.

RING. The bell rings that snapped me out of my thoughts, I picked up my bag and run out of the classroom before Luhan can ask something. I ran across the hallway not minding if I bump someone, or tackle somebody else.

I ran upstairs and open the door to the rooftop, I let my bag fall as I catch my breath. I look at the surrounding, it’s gloomy obviously. Is the rain coming with my traitor tears? Taking one step at the time away from the door, I stare at the horizon. Every step pounds, and drop of the rain starts to soak me badly.

“AAAHHHHHHH!” I yelled at the top of my voice as I fall down on my knees, I feel weak and numb at the same time. I don’t even know why did I run in this place. I don’t know what should I do. I am confuse, totally confused. My heart pounds with the same rythm of the rain. I want to scream my father’s name badly but I know no one's going to answer my call. I want my father right now but I know I can't. I stayed rooted in my position for a long time as I cried silently. I heard the bell ring for the third time but I don’t mind at all. I want to remove this grudge inside me.

 

 

“Should I let you go?” I mutter raspy in my voice suddenly after few minutes of being silent in my spot. I don’t know that’s my immediate answer inside my mind as I look down but my heart says the other way. I try to wait for an answer but only the pouring of rain is the only sound around.

“Should I give him to you already?” I ask the dark skies above.

“Answer me!” I demanded as my hands curled on my wet skirt. “Should I give him to you?!”

Thunders rumbled up in the skies which made me jump in my position. I immediately embraced myself, as I try not to cry once again. DUNG! I heard a louder clap of the thunder which made me scream in my spot. My heart pounds so hard right that I think it will jump off of my chest. Is that the answer that I have been waiting for?

“Hermione.” Somebody spoke behind my back. I look back immediately and saw my father kneeling. He is wearing white garments and he is smiling at me like he used to. I saw his heavenly smile again. “Appa!” I hug him immediately.

“I’m scared.”

I buried my face on his chest as he pats my back. “Don’t be scared, Hermione. I’m always here for you.”

“You’ll never leave me Appa, isn’t?” I looked up at on him.

“I never leave you because you said you’ll never let go of me.”

“Are you tired being tied with me Appa?” I asked him. I looked at his black eyes, he can give me his heavenly smile but his eyes say it the other way. “I never grew tired being with you but of course, Appa wants to have his rest somewhere.” He gazes in the horizon.

His answer stabs my heart. He is asking m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter