Chapter Six

Shine

“You were great!” Changmin smiled as be practically bounced into the room where Myungsoo was taking off all his makeup. The actor had just completed his first day of filming for the drama and it went very smoothly. There were no accidents on set and all the actors were professionals and therefore had all their lines memorized.

 

“Thanks,” Myungsoo bowed awkwardly. He was in the process of getting ready to go home and sleep. Filming started at the break of dawn so they could get the lighting right, and now most of the crew was going out to dinner. But not Myungsoo, he just wanted to sleep.

 

However, it seemed Changmin had his own plans, “So I’ve been listening to your song, it’s really great. I know you didn’t have to sing it, but you did. I’m so thankful you did because I feel like it makes everything so much more powerful. To be honest I knew you’d do well, but I didn’t think you’d be as amazing as you were in the studio. So I was wondering if I could thank you by taking you out to dinner.”

 

Myungsoo tried not to look too depressed by the invitation, he really just wanted to go home and sleep. But Changmin was a really nice guy and his boss for the next few months so Myungsoo didn’t want to offend him. “Oh you don’t have to do that. I’m glad I had the chance to sing again, it’s been a while.”

 

“No I think I do.” Changmin almost whined. “I mean you put so much heart into that song, it was beyond what I could ask for. So please, let me take you out to dinner as a token of my appreciation.”

 

“Okay, just nothing fancy.” Myungsoo hoped they’d go somewhere where dinner would fly by in an instant. He didn’t want to wait an hour for his food. Heck, with his current mood he’d probably prefer fast food so he could hurry home to his bed.

 

But instead of fast food, Changmin chose a regular restaurant where they’d be able to grill their own meat at the table and drink a little. The two sat down at a table and were about to order when a new voice joined, coming from behind Myungsoo.

 

“Sorry I’m late. Did you guys already order?”

 

“No we just sat down,” Changmin smiled at the person behind Myungsoo. “You can just take a seat next to Myungsoo.”

 

Myungsoo froze. He knew who it was, and he definitely did not want to sit next to the composer. But he kind of had no choice. He couldn’t just freak out and go home or demand Sunggyu sit next to Changmin because he had to work for Changmin for the next few months. So instead, the actor took a quick breath and turned towards the man who now occupied the seat next to him. “Hello, Sunggyu.”

 

“Hello Myungsoo.” By the look on the older’s face, Myungsoo was sure Sunggyu didn’t know they’d be eating together either.

 

Not noticing the tension on the other side of the table, Changmin happily picked out the type of meat he wanted and called a waiter over to place his order. Once that was taken care of, he excused himself to the bathroom, leaving the exes alone together.

 

“So, today was your first day of filming?” Sunggyu tried to break the awkward silence that hung over the two.

 

“Yep.” Myungsoo replied. He didn’t want to make the table even more awkward by the time Changmin got back. He was going to be civil, and he knew he could do it before he let go of all the lingering feelings back in that recording studio the week before. “How’s composing going?”

 

“It has its ups and downs,”  Sunggyu admitted with a shrug. “Right now Dongwoo is working with a pair of twins and wants me to write something for them, but I have no clue where to start. How’s Jinyoung been?”

 

“He’s not your concern.” Myungsoo practically growled and drank his water. He didn’t think Sunggyu had the right to care about his brother because after the break up, it was Myungsoo who had to explain to the six year old that his favorite new friend who sang him to sleep was no longer going to be around. Myungsoo also remembered Jinyoung’s reaction when he realized the piano player was the reason for Myungsoo crying for hours on end. “He hates you.”

 

“Oh.” Sunggyu looked down at his lap. He probably wasn’t expecting something so blunt. “Though I understand it.”

 

Myungsoo then remembered the question that lingered in his mind, even though he already asked the older. “So are you still dating that person?”

 

“What person?”

 

“You know who,” Myungsoo sighed, it was pointless for Sunggyu to try and avoid it.

 

The older quickly grabbed a beer that a waiter placed on the table while the two were talking and took a swig. “No. I’m not dating anyone at the moment.”

 

Myungsoo felt a surge of victory. He was happy Sunggyu was alone and miserable, the older deserved it after what he did.

 

Luckily, before he could gloat out loud, Changmin returned to the table. “Sorry that took so long, just got a call from Suzy asking about tomorrow’s shoot.”

 

“Suzy?” Sunggyu distantly recognized the name. “The actress?”

 

“Who else?” Changmin chuckled before turning to Myungsoo, “Wasn’t she in your college theater club or something?”

 

“Yeah,” Myungsoo smirked, remembering how she would try to ask him out back then. “She was in the play that first got me noticed.”

 

“She’s the one who was in love with you, wasn’t she?” Sunggyu asked, completely forgetting that Changmin didn’t know the two people at the table knew each other from before.

 

“Huh? How do you know that?” Changmin stared at the two of them.

 

“She mentioned it on a tv show before I think.” Myungsoo lied. He never followed other actor’s on programs because he didn’t have the time or the interest. “And she wasn’t in love with me, I think it was more of a little crush.”

 

“Wouldn’t that be great if you two started dating during this drama?” Changmin suddenly gushed before suddenly gasping and covering his mouth. “I mean- I don’t mean you should date to promote the drama – it’s just uh – you’re just like the prince of the acting work  and she’s getting more popular by the day. You two could be one of those power couples.”

 

Myungsoo laughed, ignoring the awkward laughter coming from beside him, “Well I’m not going to date her just for that. But who knows what’ll happen in the future. Only time can tell.”

 

Then the food came and the three ended up talking about the food in front of them more than anything else. They stayed at the restaurant until their stomachs were full, and then went their separate ways. Or they were supposed to until both Sunggyu and Myungsoo headed for the same nearby subway station.

 

“No car?” Sunggyu asked, surprised.

 

“No,” Myungsoo adjusted his hood over his head so it obstructed the view of his face. “It’s useless. My manager drives me everywhere anyways. I could technically call him now to ask for a ride, but I gave him the day off pretty much because all I did was film.”

 

“Oh.” Sunggyu stuffed his hands in his pockets. “So is filming going well?”

 

“Yeah,” Myungsoo could feel the awkwardness coming off the composer. It was almost like their roles were reversed from when they first met the week before. “I think you actually already asked me that.”

 

“Oh, well-“

 

“Myung?” A familiar voice called out. “Is that you? You know, you’re not really hidden under that hood.”

 

“Shut up,” Myungsoo laughed at the person who now stood in front of him. “What are you doing here anyways?”

 

Hoya gave his best friend a sheepish smile, “Well, I’m actually shopping around wit-“

 

“Hoya?” Dongwoo came out of a nearby store, his soft purple hair making him stand out. “Where’d you go?”

 

“Hey Dongwoo,” Myungsoo smiled, completely forgetting about the awkward man next to him. He was too excited, what were Hoya and Dongwoo doing out together? Were they going to be friends again?

 

“Myungsoo!” Dongwoo smiled brightly and hugged the younger. “An-Gyu? What are you doing here? And with Myungsoo?”

 

“Dinner,” Sunggyu pretty much shrank under the glare Hoya was sending him. “His director set it up, I didn’t know he was going to be there until I got there.”

 

“Same.” Myungsoo had moved next to Hoya where he felt most comfortable. While standing next to his best friend, he could pretty much ignore the awkward vibes coming off of Sunggyu. “Wait, if you’re here and I’m here, who’s home with Jinyoung?”

 

“He’s over at Baro’s.” Hoya chuckled.

 

“Wow, letting your brother out of your sight and Hoya’s? And he’s not with your dad? This Baro must be a great guy.” Dongwoo laughed. “Ah speaking of your dad, how is he? From what I hear he’s been spending a lot of time in Japan and Europe.”

 

“Yeah, he stays abroad working a lot.” Myungsoo replied, “It’s his passion so I can’t stop him even though sometimes I want to. But he comes back every time between to see Jinyoung and they talk pretty much every day so I guess it’s not all bad.”

 

“And he has you two, so I think he’s fine.” Dongwoo smiled. “Well maybe three, I’m not quite sure how this Baro guy is, but I’m assuming he’s great if you leave Jinyoung with him.”

 

Myungsoo was about to correct Dongwoo because Baro was Jinyoung’s best friend, not an adult like them, but his cell phone going off stopped him from talking. “Oh, speak of the devil it’s Jinyoung. He’s probably ready to go home, so I guess I’ll be going. Hoya, don’t stay out too late, alright? Remember, you have that annoying idol group to teach tomorrow.”

 

Hoya groaned, “Yeah, I’ll probably be home soon. I’ve just got to pick up a few more things.”

 

“Oh!” Dongwoo checked his bags for a second before pulling out a medium sized one. “Here, I bought this for Jinyoung. I know he probably doesn’t remember me, but I remember him and when we saw this it kind of reminded me of him.”

 

“Thanks.” Myungsoo accepted the gift, “I’ll be sure to give it to him. Feel free to stop by anytime though, you can always meet him again.”

 

“Great.” Dongwoo smiled brightly. He then turned to Sunggyu, who was so quiet Myungsoo forgot he was there, “Do you wanna come shopping with me and Hoya?”

 

“No,” Sunggyu answered quietly. “I think I’m actually just gonna take a cab home right now. I feel a little tired.”

 

“Well then, I guess we’re all off.” Dongwoo waved before pulling Hoya into a nearby store.

 

“Bye Myungsoo.” Sunggyu gave the actor a small wave before walking to the curb and hailing a taxi.

 

Myungsoo waved the older off before resuming his path to the subway while checking the bag Dongwoo gave him. Inside was a bright green sweatshirt with neon blue spikes up the back and a hood that made whoever wearing it kind of look like a dinosaur. Myungsoo had no clue why the particular sweatshirt made Dongwoo think of his brother, but he knew Jinyoung would enjoy the present.

 

 

 

 

oookay so the results from the poll are in and my new fic shall be HoGyu!!! yay~ i think i got a plot worked out, just working out a few kinks so it'll probably start in a week or two. i'm not sure right now. but don't worry i still plan on updating this one often~ 

though i have to say right now i am sooo distracted by Tasty. i knew they existed before but i finally listened to them and they are so addicting~~ i wish there was more from them T__T

oh yeah. and do you guys care if i use the story feed thing? like do you even read those and want little updates about the fic or could you care less? [i just discovered how to use it recently and was wondering if it mattered...]