Chapter Twelve

Shine

Myungsoo was surprised when he turned up to a filming location and found Sunggyu standing in the background talking to Suzy. Today was supposed to be an intense scene between the two leads that ended with a kiss, so Myungsoo truly had no clue why the composer was needed. But, in all honesty, he was a little thankful Sunggyu was there. The two needed to talk.

 

“Hey,” The actor awkwardly walked up to the composer, “What are you doing here?”

 

“He’s going to write music for this scene,” Suzy answered with a smile, “Isn’t that right, Oppa?”

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, it seemed that the actress had taken a liking to the composer since she didn’t use many honorifics like Oppa with most of the men on the set. “Oh, well, can I talk to you for a minute? Privately.”

 

“I guess,” Sunggyu shrugged and followed Myungsoo to the actor’s break room. By the look on the older’s face, he was probably expecting another freak out like Jinyoung had.

 

Once the door shut behind them, Myungsoo turned towards Sunggyu and gave him an apologetic smile, “I’m sorry about Jinyoung. He’s still, well, Jinyoung.”

 

Sunggyu gave a small chuckle, “It’s good to know he hasn’t changed I guess. Well, besides the fact that now he hates me.”

 

“Actually it’s probably because I haven’t got a chance to explain everything to him.” Myungsoo began to change into the outfit laid out for his character. As he changed his shirt, he could feel Sunggyu’s eyes tracing his torso. But Myungsoo didn’t care, he was used to being stared at by people he knew and strangers.

 

“You haven’t explained everything?” Sunggyu stopped staring at Myungsoo’s abs in order to send a glare towards the actor.

 

“Before he saw you that day he didn’t know you were back in my life.” Myungsoo sighed when he looked in the mirror, his character’s clothes were so stuffy. “He knew you as just the composer and you had a chance to start something new. But now he doesn’t want to talk about it.”

 

“Why not?” Sunggyu sighed, “I mean, I know what I did was wrong and I never should have lied, but it was six years ago. Why does he still care so much?”


“Do you want to ask him yourself?” Myungsoo adjusted the tie he had to wear, but something about it didn’t look right.

 

Sunggyu closed the space between them to help adjust the younger man’s tie. “Myself? I don’t think he wants to speak to me ever again.”

 

“So?” Myungsoo shrugged, “I’ve been trying to talk to him about it for the past week but he refuses. Whenever I try to talk to him about it he hides in his room and starts talking to someone on the phone. Maybe you’ll be able to talk some sense into him?”

 

The composer seemed to think about it for a moment as he finished fixing the tie. “I guess it couldn’t get any worse than it is now.”

 

That’s how the composer and actor found themselves, hours later, standing in front of the child’s room. They had talked about different ways to get the child out of his room, but now in the moment, both of them couldn’t think of anything besides just barging into the room.

 

“We have to just do it,” Myungsoo sighed. “Ready?”

 

“No,” Sunggyu was nervous, “But like you said, we have to just do it.”

 

So, after a moment used to collect his thoughts, Myungsoo opened the door, “Jinyoung, we have to talk.”

 

“Later.” Jinyoung was curled up on his bed with a book in his hands. “I’m reading right now.”

 

“No, now.” Myungsoo used his best authoritative voice. “Someone’s here to talk to you.”

 

Jinyoung looked up at the doorway and glared when he spotted Sunggyu, “What’s he doing here?”

 

“Don’t speak so rudely, he’s older and deserves your respect.” Myungsoo walked over and sat on the bed while Sunggyu stayed awkwardly by the door. “Can you put your book down so we can have a serious conversation?”

 

The twelve year old sighed, but placed a bookmark on the correct page to hold his place. He then turned towards Myungsoo angrily, “What?”

 

“First I want to clarify some things.” Myungsoo moved closer to Jinyoung to ruffle the boy’s hair. “I learned recently that he never did cheat on me.”

 

“Then why’d he say that?” Jinyoung glared at the composer again. “He’s a jerk Hyung and-“

 

“He did it for me.” Myungsoo cut him off. “He didn’t want to hold me back or get me in trouble. You know how much people would freak out if they knew I dated guys, so he was thinking of that.”

 

“So?” Jinyoung shrugged and turned his attention out the window just so he wouldn’t have to look at Sunggyu. “He was a jerk and broke your heart and I don’t know why you talk to him anymore.”

 

“Myungsoo, can I have a minute alone with him?” Sunggyu finally spoke up and walked a little farther into the room.

 

Myungsoo didn’t really want to leave, unsure what Jinyoung would say, but he thought maybe it would help so he left the room, shutting the door behind him.

 

Sunggyu looked at the child, “So, you’re still mad at me, huh? Do you even remember me?”

 

“Of course I do,” Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “You were the only guy Hyung ever dated. You got me a stuffed animal for my sixth birthday and then left forever and made Hyung cry.”

 

“Is that why you’re mad, I made Myungsoo cry?” Sunggyu sat down on the foot of Jinyoung’s bed.

 

Jinyoung just shrugged.

 

“Do you remember when you used to make me sing you to sleep?” Sunggyu decided to try a different approach.

 

The twelve year old nodded, but refused to say another word.

 

“Do you remember the song I used to sing towards the end? The original song you asked for every night? I wrote that for your brother.” Sunggyu sighed, “I wasn’t anything back then. I may have sung you to sleep, but besides that I was too afraid to sing in front of pretty much everyone else. I think I sang for Myungsoo once or twice, but besides that I would get sweaty and nervous and stutter and every note I’d sing would crack. Add that onto the fact I had to work multiple jobs to pay for school and an apartment and I’m a guy so Myungsoo would never be able to tell anyone. Basically, I wasn’t good enough for your brother back then.”

 

“Do you still like him?”

 

The composer immediately nodded. “Keep it a secret but I really don’t think I ever stopped. He just captivates me and even back then I was amazed by his presence. He could walk into a room without a care in the world, yet everyone’s eyes would be drawn to him. I hated myself every day for making him cry, and I still feel guilty for it.”


Since Sunggyu had been completely honest with him, Jinyoung suddenly ended up being just as honest with the composer. “When you left, Hyung changed. He kept working and working and for a year or two, it felt like I didn’t have a family. My dad was always so busy and the one person who used to always be there for me suddenly disappeared because you broke his heart. He’d come home and we’d watch movies or something, but he’d always be on his phone or looking through scripts to try and forget everything. And even when he wasn’t, he wasn’t the same. He’s been lonely since you left and it hurts me to see him like this. I love my brother, and I’ll do anything to try to make him happy or protect him. I don’t care if I’m much younger, with my dad out of the country I’m his only family just like he’s mine.”

 

“Okay so let’s make a promise.” Sunggyu said after taking in all that the twelve year old said, “I’ll do my best to never make him cry and always make him happy. But I’m going to need you to at least be civil with me because when you and me are fighting, it makes Myungsoo upset. You don’t want to make your brother upset, right?”

 

“Yeah, I guess.” Jinyoung shrugged. “But I still don’t like you.”

 

“And I’ll do my best to change that, too. But you’re going to need to try a little bit too. Okay?” Sunggyu smiled brightly, happy Jinyoung hadn’t yelled or hit him. And even better, the child opened up to him and now Sunggyu fully understood why Jinyoung was so angry.

 

“Okay.”

 

 

 

ahh finally an update! i know i'm bad but i'm gonna raelly really really try to do better!!!! and my first attempt to doing better is i'm gonna write a one shot that i'll post sunday (usa pacific time). it's gonna be a woohyun one shot about him and someone...i haven't decided the second half of the pairing yet so if someone wants to request a certain pairing go for it^^