Chapter Sixteen

Shine

Myungsoo checked his appearance one last time before calling out for his brother. They had gone shopping earlier and were now getting ready for Woohyun’s album release party. “Jinyoung! Are you ready yet? And have your friends even come over yet?”

 

“They came over half an hour ago!” Jinyoung called back before he ran into his brother’s room. “Didn’t you hear the doorbell ring earlier?”

 

“Nope.” Myungsoo shrugged his arms into his leather jacket. “But we should go, Dongwoo apparently keeps texting Hoya who’s too lazy to come in here and tell me to hurry so he keeps texting me and it’s annoying.”

 

“We were waiting for you.” Jinyoung smirked and laid out on his brother’s bed. “You’re the one taking alarmingly long time getting ready. Someone you’re trying to impress?”

 

“Shut up.” Myungsoo reached over and ruffled his brother’s messily styled hair. “Besides, am I really the one who’s trying to impress someone? I knew you’d want to invite Baro but I heard you inviting someone else on the phone earlier.”

 

“What?” Jinyoung suddenly got defensive, and Myungsoo wasn’t sure, but he thought he saw the younger’s cheeks blush. “So I have friends other than Baro, shouldn’t you be proud of me?”

 

Myungsoo just shook his head, he was convinced his brother had a crush on whoever else he brought with him. “So how’d your new friend react when you told him who your family was?”

 

Jinyoung suddenly began to cough and somehow, Myungsoo knew exactly what that meant because when he was younger and had some kind of friends in school, he had the same reaction to when his dad asked the question.

 

“Seriously? Does he know where we’re going right now?” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. Sometimes his brother could be so stupid.

 

“Well he knows who Hoya hyung is.” Jinyoung shrugged, “Choreographers go to parties like this all the time.”

 

“You’re such an idiot.” Myungsoo laughed before pulling his brother off of the bed. “We have to get this over with quick so we can get to the party.”

 

“Someone’s excited to see that composer,” Jinyoung managed to get out of his brother’s grip and ran into the living room where his two friends were waiting. “By the way Junghwan, my brother is Kim Myungsoo and my dad is G-Dragon and my brother was college pals with Nam Woohyun for a while and we’ll be going with top model Lee Sungjong and most likely run into another friend and national mc Lee Sungyeol while we’re there.”

 

“What?” The boy Myungsoo had never met before shouted, his words sounding slightly accented like when Hoya spoke with his Busan dialect. “Are you crazy?”

 

Myungsoo laughed as he walked over to the living room and saw Hoya on the couch with one shocked kid the actor had never met, and Baro laughing at the new guy’s expression. “Seriously Jin? That’s how you decided to tell him?”

 

“You said hurry,” Jinyoung shrugged, “So now that that’s over with, let’s go.”

 

Within half an hour, Myungsoo was walking down a red carpet that led to Woohyun’s party, trying his best to get as much attention from the reporters as possible so they wouldn’t think to look at the small group that wasn’t far behind him. Luckily, once they got into the hotel’s fancy ballroom, there were no reporters allowed so the celebrities inside didn’t have to worry about who was lurking in the shadows.

 

“Myungsoo!” Woohyun shouted when he spotted the actor, “You’ve finally come! I feel like it’s been too long since I’ve seen you, and it wasn’t exactly the happiest meeting.”

 

“We’re good, Woohyun.” Myungsoo gave the singer a small smile, “Besides, we’re here to celebrate you so don’t worry about that. And I’ve talked to Jinyoung since the last time you saw him, things are getting better no-“

 

“That is seriously Nam Woohyun.” The two heard a childish gasp from just over Myungsoo’s shoulder.

 

“Junghwan I told you, we’re going to a party for him.” Jinyoung sent Woohyun a glare with his eyes, but his mouth was smiling which showed that he was at least trying to be nice for the sake of the party.

 

“Hey Jinyoung,” Woohyun gave the twelve year old an awkward wave. “It’s been a long time, huh? You’ve grown so much.”

 

“Obviously.” Jinyoung shot back before grabbing his friend’s arm, “Come on, I lost Baro. He’s probably looking for girls.”

 

After a little more talking with Woohyun, Myungsoo let the center of attention go mingle with others and decided to hide with his circle of close friends. He knew a lot of people were shocked to see him at the party and wanted to talk to him, be his best friend, try to get his number, or just stare at him in awe, and he didn’t want to deal with that. So he stood in a dim area of the ballroom with Sungyeol, Sungjong, Hoya, and Dongwoo, talking about old times and laughing.

 

While talking, Myungsoo did his best to stay in the conversation with his friends, his eyes were constantly scanning the room for Sunggyu. The composer was the one to invite him, yet he was nowhere to be found.

 

“Looking for Sunggyu hyung?” Dongwoo seemed to notice the actor’s wandering eyes.  “He’s probably behind the stage over there. He doesn’t really like huge crowds full of people he doesn’t know because he thinks they don’t know who he is and he feels like an outsider.”

 

Myungsoo wondered why Sunggyu just didn’t come over and talk with them, but he didn’t have long to think because Woohyun got up to the stage to be greeted with cheers from the crowd.

 

“Hello.” The greasy singer sent a bright smile out to everyone who was in the ballroom. “I’m glad everyone could make it out tonight. This is a really special album to me because it was produced by one of the most amazing guys I know, and  the songs are all written by me and my two best friends who I would never be here without. And I’m excited that I can share all these songs with all my new friends here, and the old ones that are here, too.” He then seemed to pull a guitar out of nowhere. “So as a treat I’m going to sing my favorite song from this album. Now, it’s not written by me, but it’s still my favorite and I feel so blessed that I can sing it because I know he was thinking of someone special when he wrote it but he’s too shy to say it himself.”

 

Myungsoo looked over at Dongwoo, wondering if this song was the older’s confession to Hoya or something like that. However, when he saw the smirk the older was sending his way, he knew this song wasn’t written for Hoya. This song was from Sunggyu, most likely to him.
 

The entire crowd was entranced as Woohyun began to sing a song about crying by himself because the love of his life had left him. It went on to talk about how he missed his love, and how he was always thinking about them, and how he wanted to wait for the love of his life to come back until the end of time.

 

As the song ended and the crowd clapped, Myungsoo could see someone sneaking out from the curtain that separated the main ballroom from the backstage. Without a second thought, Myungsoo followed the familiar figure out into a hallway near the ballroom.

 

“Sunggyu!” Myungsoo called out. “Sunggyu, stop!”

 

The composer turned and looked at the actor with wide eyes, “You really came?”

 

“Of course, you invited me.” Myungsoo pointed out with an awkward shrug. “That’s a great song you wrote.”

 

“Thanks.” Sunggyu’s face was red, like he was embarrassed. And he had kind of every right to be because even if the crowd didn’t know who Sunggyu was, Woohyun did just reveal the composer’s feelings to a ballroom full of people.

 

“Can I just ask why this keeps happening?” Myungsoo tried his best to remain calm. He just wanted answers. “Everything is push and pull with you and it’s confusing me and I don’t like it. One second you’re a jerk, then you’re nice, then you’re just plain confusing and I have no clue what I’m doing or what you’re doing. I’m losing sleep because of all the thoughts that are running through my head and the worst part is I have no clue what you’re thinking! You are jealous like you like me, but you don’t give me any other kind of sign and then Woohyun goes and says that song is for someone special and Dongwoo was staring at me like a madman an-“

 

The actor was cut off when the older grabbed him by the back of the neck and crashed their lips together.

 

 

haha fun. a nice cliffhanger to get things rolling^^ i enjoyed writing it~

and i don't know if a lot of poeple here are on twitter but i got bored and started one...actually two. one for my fanfic statuses and one for more personal/other kpop spazzes. so if anyone else has one and wants to add me go ahead, it'll be fun~ (though they both have like 3 tweets each because i just started yesterday)

fanfic status -> @tee_kyu12

kpop/persoal -> @tee_kae12