Chapter Fourteen

Shine

“Wake up Jinyoung,” Myungsoo smiled as he lightly shook the boy. “I have a surprise for you.”

 

“Hyung.” The boy whined and buried his head into his pillow. “It’s Saturday, I don’t have school.”

 

“I know,” The actor chuckled under his breath and continued to shake the younger, “But I have a surprise. If you don’t wake up and get dressed in five minutes then I’ll just leave you here and you’ll never know what it is.” And with that, he went into the living room.

 

Four minutes later, Jinyoung was half asleep, stumbling into the room. Myungsoo smirked, he knew that his brother would never be able to resist a surprise. The boy was just too curious.

 

“Come on,” Myungsoo got off the couch and headed for the door, “The surprise isn’t here, it’s a short drive away.”

 

“Hyung!” Jinyoung whined louder and followed his brother out the door, “Couldn’t you have just carried me there while I was still asleep?”

 

“No, I’m not your horse.” Myungsoo retorted.

 

Through his sleepy state, Jinyoung smirked, “Wanna bet?”

 

The actor was surprised when he felt a sudden weight on his back, but as Jinyoung’s thin wrists wrapped around his neck, he knew that his brother had jumped on him to get a piggy back ride. “You know, you’re really lazy.”

 

“Yep, I know.” Jinyoung rested his head on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

 

“Finally.” Jinyoung could hear Hoya’s familiar voice as they exited the elevator to the car park. “You guys took forever, do you know how much Sungjong whines when people are late?”

 

“And do you know how much Jinyoung whines when you wake him up on the weekend?”Myungsoo retorted and placed his brother into the back seat of Hoya’s car next to Sungjong, who was busy playing on his phone.

 

“Let’s just go.” Hoya hopped into the driver’s seat and started the car. “Unless you want to be late?”

 

“No, let’s go.” Myungsoo got into the front seat and relaxed. “It’s been a while. I feel like so much has changed.”

 

“A lot has changed, I mean Sunggyu’s back in your life.” Hoya pointed out. “You know he’s gonna notice something’s different with you.”

 

“I know,” Myungsoo sighed, “But what can I tell him? My ex boyfriend apparently didn’t cheat on me and now I’m starting to get jealous when he’s around those s on the set of my drama? I’ll probably just not tell him.”

 

“Maybe not in those words,” Hoya chuckled, “Though they are the truth. You should just take Sungjong’s advice and make him jealous then get back together and have cute babies.”

 

“We’re guys, we can’t have babies.” Myungsoo instantly shot down that idea. “Plus I don’t want to be back together with him. I thought you hated him? What made you change your mind?”

 

“I hate him,” Hoya cut off Myungsoo’s thoughts. “I mean, he’s a jerk and he lied for so long and caused my best friend so much pain. I seriously hate him. But if he makes you happy, wouldn’t I be a jerk if I didn’t let him? I may hate him, but I love you.”

 

“How adorable,” Sungjong commented from his spot in the back where Jinyoung was using his lap as a pillow. “You’re such a good best friend Hoya. But have you seen this Sunggyu guy lately? He’s hot.”

 

“Shut up,” Hoya rolled his eyes. “He’s not good looking. He’s just a jerk.”

 

“Sure he is,” It was now Sungjong’s turn to roll his eyes.

 

After that comment the three friends fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of the twenty minute drive before they pulled into the parking garage of a famous record label.

 

“Should we wake him up or just carry him up?” Hoya asked as he and Myungsoo looked back at Jinyoung.

 

“If we wake him up now he’ll figure it out, I think we should carry him.” Myungsoo decided with an evil smirk on his face. He loved to play tricks on his brother. It was fun for him.

 

Hoya volunteered to carry the young boy to the elevator and had him in his arms until they reached the CEO’s office on the top floor. Without knocking, Myungsoo led the dancer, his sleeping brother, and his model best friend through the halls and into the CEO’s office.

 

“You look exhausted,” The CEO commented when he saw Myungsoo. His eyes then scanned the group and spotted Jinyoung, still fast asleep, “You should learn from your brother.”

 

“Yeah, because that’ll get me paid, sleeping all the time,” Myungsoo laughed as he crossed the room and gave the man a hug, “I missed you.”

 

“I missed you, too. I-“

 

“APPA!” Jinyoung’s sudden yell made Hoya jump and drop the twelve year old to the floor. But he didn’t care, he scrambled up to his feet and jumped into his father’s open arms, much more awake now than earlier. “I missed you so much! Did you bring me any presents? Did you know Myungsoo is seeing his ex? So where’s my present?”

 

“He’s seeing his ex?” Jiyong’s eyes flew over to Myungsoo, wide with worry. “Like the one from college.”

 

“I’m not seeing him,” Myungsoo sent a short glare at his brother who was safely tucked away in their father’s arms. “I’ve just started talking to him again because he wrote the song for the drama that I was in. He’s apparently a very well known composer these days who my director knows.”

 

“Wait, he’s the guy who composed your latest song?” Jiyong’s small eyes widened at the statement. “You mean they’re the same person?”

 

“What’s wrong with you, Appa?” Myungsoo asked, confused about his father’s reaction.

 

“Well,” He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, “I liked the song and looked into some of his other stuff and sent him an email a few days ago about writing a song for that kid who’s gonna debut soon.”

 

Sungjong burst out into laughter at the current situation. This family had a funny way of getting themselves into the funniest predicaments.

 

“It’s fine, Appa,” Myungsoo assured him. “I told you we’ve met before, now we’re just kind of friends.”

 

“What do you think?” Jiyong looked down at his youngest son, “Do you think I should tell him not to write it?”

 

“You can’t do that, Appa,” Jinyoung glared up at his dad, “You were the one who told me you don’t have to like a person to like their music. You can’t punish your new singer because the composer was a jerk.”

 

Jiyong smiled, “I did say that, didn’t I? I guess if your brother’s okay with it then I am, too. Besides, you can’t deny that even if he’s a jerk, he writes great music. And I won’t have to see him much, just a meeting or three. That’s it. I just can’t believe how fate brought you too back together.”

 

“Fate?” Hoya rolled his eyes. “More like someone’s idea of a bad joke.”

 

“Fate?” Myungsoo said to himself, he never thought of it like that. That made it seem much more romantic than he felt about the situation. Fate made it seem like star crossed lovers who were reunited, not the situation Myungsoo and Sunggyu were in. No, fate was beautiful and this just made Myungsoo feel confused.

 

“Well fate is what got you this far,” Sungjong spoke up “But you’re really gonna need to get your act together so you two can be in love with each other again.”

 

“Oh you guys are falling in love again?” Jiyong was actually surprised, he thought Myungsoo would hate the composer.

 

“No, they’re not.” Jinyoung spoke up for his brother. Even though he came to an agreement to be nice to Sunggyu, he didn’t think that the composer was the best match for his brother. “They’re just friends.”

 

Their father turned to his older son. “Really Myungsoo?”

 

The actor thought about it before shaking his head, “I really really don’t know.”