Chapter Thirteen

Shine

Myungsoo couldn’t help but wonder why Sunggyu seemed to be around the set more often. However, instead of hiding by Changmin like he used to do in the beginning of the series, Sunggyu spent a lot more time talking with a few of the stylists as well as the leading lady, Suzy. No matter when the actor spotted the older man, there was always a stylist or actress laughing and finding anyway to make physical contact with the composer.

 

“You seem distracted lately.” A familiar voice made Myungsoo turn away from where he was glaring at Suzy, who had her greasy paws on Sunggyu’s nice jacket. Though the actor only turned when he recognized the voice and felt the person pinch his cheek.

 

“What are you doing here?” Myungsoo stared down his model best friend who really had no reason to be on the set of his new drama.

 

The model didn’t answer his question though, instead he followed Myungsoo’s line of sight to Sunggyu, “So, that’s the guy Hoya’s been talking about these past few weeks. Wasn’t he at the station the first time you performed on the music show? What’s he doing here?”

 

“What? You haven’t met him yet?” Myungsoo was surprised, but it made sense. Sungjong only came into his life during the last few weeks of Myungsoo and Sunggyu’s relationship and now when they’ve reconnected a bit, the model had been busy with work, even spending a few weeks in Japan for a job.

 

“No, but that doesn’t answer my question.” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “Why’s he here? Isn’t he a composer?”

 

“He is.” Myungsoo rolled his eyes and turned in his chair so he wouldn’t have to look at the disgusting way Suzy kept flipping her hair and then resting her hand on Sunggyu’s bicep. “He comes every few days to write background music for the show. It’s stupid, really. Most dramas just use the same music to make it familiar with the story, but Changmin likes having Sunggyu around so much he invites him to practically every filming. Recently it’s just been like this where he flirts and then leaves.”

 

“Hm,” Sungjong took one last look at Sunggyu before shrugging and sitting himself in Myungsoo’s lap since there were no seats available nearby. “Sounds like a .”

 

“He’s not a .” Myungsoo tried to push his friend off of him, but Sungjong had a firm grip around his waist that the actor knew it would be better to give up. Sungjong was kind of like a koala and could grip onto anything without falling off. “But he does let his flirting get in the way of work.”

 

“Isn’t he gay though?” Sungjong pointed out. “Hoya said you were the-“

 

“Shut up!” Myungsoo quickly covered the younger’s mouth. He then got close to Sungjong’s ear so he could whisper without worrying over being overheard. “People can hear you. Do you really want that getting out and destroying my way of life?”

 

The model shook his head and remained quiet as the actor pulled his hand away.

 

“Well, I’m glad you’re getting along with today’s guest star so well that he’s sitting on your lap, but do you really have to try and kill him in front of everyone?” Changmin asked with a chuckle as he approached the two. “I’m kind of hoping you two already knew each other before this.”

 

“Nope, first meeting,” Sungjong joked, “This is how I make friends. Sitting on famous people.”

 

“Well, sounds like a really good tactic,” Changmin chuckled awkwardly, giving the two friends the impression he actually believed the model’s joke. “But I’ll need you two to go get dressed now. The lighting is almost perfect so it’ll be time to film soon.”

 

The two obediently nodded and made their way to the dressing room, passing Sunggyu and Suzy on the way. And as they passed, Sungjong looked at the two and sent the composer a wink.

 

“What was that for?” Myungsoo, who had noticed the wink, just had to ask. His friend was really weird sometimes.

 

“I had an idea.” Sungjong stated proudly. “We can make him jealous.”

 

“What?” Myungsoo was surprised, “Why would he be jealous? We’re just friends. And what makes you think I want to make him jealous?”

 

“Well he’s obviously making you jealous whether he meant to or not.” Sungjong pointed out. “I mean you were sitting there glaring at them from the second I stepped onto the set, you didn’t even notice me talking to have the staff, I had to pinch you for you to notice me.”

 

“I’m not jealous,” Myungsoo pouted and grabbed his clothes from the stylist before rushing into a changing stall. He wasn’t jealous of Sunggyu, he was just annoyed with the lack of professionalism the composer showed. After all, he and Sunggyu were just friends right now, he had already overcome his feelings for the composer and felt nothing but friendship for the other.

 

“You’re totally jealous,” Sungjong shamelessly followed Myungsoo into the dressing stall and began to change. They were both guys, and best friends, it wasn’t like this would be the first time they changed in front of each other. Plus, Sungjong loved annoying Myungsoo in any way possible. “But it’s okay, I can help.”

 

“I don’t need your help.” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. His best friend was too persistent. “I don’t need help with anything at the moment.”

 

“Sure you don’t,” Sungjong mimicked Myungsoo’s eye roll. “But I’m helping you whether you accept it or not.”

 

Myungsoo decided not to give into his friend and just quietly changed his clothes. He then waited for Sungjong to be finished before pushing the younger one out and following him into the main room.

 

“Oppa? What were you two doing in the changing room together?” Suzy, who had just got her clothes and was waiting to change, was quite surprised at the scene in front of her.

 

However, the person who looked the most surprised was Sunggyu, who was standing by the door, most likely waiting for Suzy to change.

 

Myungsoo felt blood rush to his cheeks, at least Suzy was stupid in this situation and thought Myungsoo liked women. However, Sunggyu probably thought that something else was going on between the two in the dressing room. “We were just changing and talking, that was all.”

 

“If you say so,” Suzy seemed confused still, but just shrugged it off and went to change.

 

“You’re Sunggyu, right?” Sungjong bounced over to the composer, smiling brightly. “I’m Sungjong. I’ve heard about you from Hoya before, he seems not to like you very much.”

 

“It’s complicated,” Sunggyu looked almost angry with the smaller boy. “Who are you exactly?”

 

“I told you, I’m Sungjong,” the model was enjoying this, Myungsoo could tell by the evil smirk on the youngest’s face. “We have to go now though, got to get ready to film. See you around, Sunggyu.”

 

As Myungsoo left the room after Sungjong, he could feel Sunggyu’s heated gaze on his back. Maybe Sungjong’s plan of making the older jealous wouldn’t be too horrible. Just for fun purposes though, because Myungsoo was sure he was over the composer.

 

He was also sure by telling himself he was over Sunggyu, that he was only lying to himself.