06

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The stack of music sheets slipped out of Yoori’s grasp, thus, hitting the cold floor with an inaudible thud. She was left with an empty envelope to hold onto, where those papers were once kept. What happened made the girl softly groaned but with no other choice, she immediately bent down to reach the papers under her feet and below the grand piano, stretching her arms widely in the process. She tried her best to get a hold of all of the papers but failed to gather everything in her hands. Leaving the rest sprawled all over the floor, she slammed her hands on the keys out of frustration. That reckless action caused roaring sounds to reverberate in the room, echoing in every corner of it, the sheets on the other hand was left scattered on top of the keyboard.

 

Yoori glanced at the mess of papers she created and momentarily froze when her field of vision caught something lying with the rest of it, a picture was peeking out under several sheets, showing itself to her. It was as if time had stopped for her to closely see and examine the picture before her eyes.

 

"Oppa" She muttered mindlessly, grabbing the picture into her hold. She  securely kept it in both of her hands, afraid that if she let go she would not see it again. Her eyes lingered on the particular figure in the photograph and unconsciously, a tear escaped one of her eyes, wetting a spot on the picture. A sudden struck of memory hit her like a  tidal wave from  the ocean.

 

 

The picture held a lot of memories for her and seeing it again triggered her heart to swell. "I am sorry oppa." Yoori lowly mumbled, caressing the spot where ‘that oppa’ she was referring to was.

 

 

Yoori made a mistake in letting Luhan come close to her, totally forgetting that she shouldn't have in the first place. It was wrong to be happy. It was wrong that she almost forgot that she didn’t have and deserve happiness. Not after what happened. Not after what she did.

 

 

“Oppa I am really sorry.” And she let herself lament on the past events and what she did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sudden change in Yoori's actions left Luhan wondering what has gotten into her. The latter thought that they were already getting closer and that she was starting to open up, but boy was he so wrong in assuming that she would change in a snap. Lately, the girl would avoid him in every possible way, like what he did a couple of days ago. It was something he did not expect, not after the times they spent without pulling onto each other’s hair or the attempt on choking each other in their sleep.  The need to use sarcasm and harsh comments in their conversations was somehow  lessened as well but all of those signs were put into waste when the girl started to step back and leave Luhan to wonder what her problem was.

 

 

Luhan was beyond angry. He didn't know what was wrong or where his actions went wrong. He was being nice, extra nice to be exact that it had him cringing, the fact that he was trying his best to have much more patience, moreover for someone he just met.

 

 

He was watching his favorite soccer team’s game and yet he was not enjoying it, on top of that he was not actually paying attention at all. The television was the only source of light that illuminated the whole living room. It was already late but Luhan chose to stay out of his room and find a distraction through watching, however, it was no use. He threw his head back and sighed in annoyance. The girl was truly bothersome, bothering him in that way. He knew, he was not supposed to care at all but damn he was caring, a lot and he didn’t like the feeling.

 

 

The next morning came quickly like a smoke that fades in the air.  Luhan found himself standing in front of the music room. Apparently, when he woke up, a piece of paper that was lying on the ground greeted him as he opened the door out of his room.. Only Ms. Kang, he presumed, that would do such a thing with her pen and notepad. The small note, scribbled messily stated that the older woman took Yoori to the hospital for her weekly therapy, so that left him  pretty much alone in the big house. He knew that it was wrong to invade the girl's privacy but still, he entered the room for a very simple reason, he craved to feel the keys of the piano touching the pad of his fingers once more, he wanted to play again. It was like the piano was inviting him in, luring him .

 

During his childhood, Luhan was taught how to play the piano. The little him was eager to learn from his older brother though he knew that his brother was never that good himself. For his brother, playing was just a pastime and not an int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter