19

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan remembered that one night when they were strolling aimlessly around the same spot – by the seaside and how he saw the vulnerable Yoori for the first time. It was that time when he met Chanyeol and the girl who lashed out on Yoori. It was then when he recalled how the other girl blamed Yoori for something he didn't know that time and doubted Yoori would do even now that he was already aware of the truth. It was also that night when Yoori first mentioned Baekhyun with that sorrow look casting over her glassy eyes.

Although Luhan already knew a lot, being the curious boy as ever, he still wanted details from Yoori herself. He was smart enough to piece everything together but then he wanted to hear it from Yoori and he wanted to be there for her, to comfort her.

“I am so stupid.” Yoori mumbled lowly. The girl was staring blankly into space as if something interesting was there that caught her attention. “Baekhyun oppa cared for me and what did I do?” Yoori was still looking ahead, avoiding Luhan’s gaze. “Luhan, do you know that it was my fault why he died? If I didn’t act bratty that night we wouldn’t crash! If only I listened to him… ” Yoori didn’t want Luhan to see her crumbling down. It was enough that he got to see her like this for a few times. Yoori wanted to be strong but when it comes to talking about Baekhyun she could not help not to get too emotional.

Baekhyun became a very special friend to Yoori and Baekhyun, on the other hand really treasured the younger girl. The two naturally became close and it earned jealousy and envy from some girls in the ballet school and even in Yoori’s middle school.

Though older, Baekhyun would act more childish than her and any other kid younger than them. He was the ball of sunshine in Yoori’s dull life and the boy’s humor would not fail to give her a smile every day. She was totally smitten and attracted to Baekhyun. There was no way to hide and deny her feelings but Baekhyun seemed uninterested in her opinion. She strongly believed that Baekhyun only saw her as his little sister. But then she didn’t know any better and concluded on her own. She didn’t try to confess and know Baekhyun’s true feelings for her because she was afraid that she would be rejected and the thought of rejection was not pleasing to her. As if it was pleasing for other people.

“I can die right now and be with him rather than staying here for nothing.”

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

The clock by the wall displayed the time, past two in the morning. The room was rather cold and Luhan being a bit sensitive with the drop of temperature slowly opened his eyes, rubbing the sleep away. He blinked for a few times trying to adjust to his dark surrounding. Then the realization that he was not in bed hit him – instead he was in a sitting position on the couch in the living room

His eyes trailed at the side, the pink colored curtains were pulled aside, showing him that it was still dark outside and it was raining hard. It was then that he felt the after effect of numbness at his lower region. His gaze shifted on his lap and was startled out of his wits to find Yoori's head laid on it. She was sleeping peacefully but her breathing was still heavy with the remnants of what happened last night. She was crying her heart out while telling him the things she kept for so long.

Luhan was like listening to the same story as what Chanyeol had told him, the only difference was that, Yoori's version was much heartfelt and the one he could consider the truth. He believed Yoori and he felt the pain. It coursed throughout his body as Yoori spoke in a hush and quivering voice. He didn't force her to say everything but she insisted. Because of that she end up in a crying mess but Luhan was beside her. He may not know how to comfort someone properly yet he actually did a good job last night.

He didn't know how they ended up sleeping on the coach in the living room. The last thing he remembered was the moment Yoori gave in and hugged him tightly repeatedly saying the words "I miss him." Something in his insides felt weird when he recalled that moment. Baekhyun was that special to her.

Lost in the pool of his thoughts he almost didn't feel the stirring of someone on his lap. But when a hand came in contact with his stomach his full attention was then diverted to the girl lying on him. Luhan didn't want to wake sleeping beauty up however, he didn't know if his lower half would be functioning well by the morning if he would not do anything to lift off the weight.

"Yoori, let's get you in bed." He lightly shook her shoulder while repeatedly saying those words.

Yoori only stirred then the unimaginable happened, her head turned to the side. She was now facing him, his stomach precisely but it was facing a dangerous place and Luhan tried not to gasp loudly. Was it because of the soju from last night? Was it what gave him the strength to ask her questions and now this? Without much of a thought he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter