17

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It could have been an ordinary day for Yoori.

 

 

But luck was not on her side.

The last wave of the warm summer breeze was seeping through the large opened window, the birds were chirping merrily outside contrast to the mood set inside the dimly lighted music room and it was over all a normal summer afternoon. However, the girl was seemingly distressed about something. Her long black hair was messily covering half of her crest fallen face. She had been cooped up inside the music room since she was dropped off by her mother after her therapy and before her mother had gone to her work place. Yoori was leaning over the covered keys of the piano, looking lost and defeated.

It could have been an ordinary day, if only she didn’t get all too curious and eavesdropped to her mother and Doctor Jung’s conversation.

Lifting her head from the flat surface, she opened the lid of the piano and started hitting random keys aimlessly, like she wanted to hear something aside from her shallow to deep breaths. Her sight was slightly blurring. Tears were threatening to fall out of her eyes at any minute but she was trying to hold it in. However, the more she tried to suppress it, the more it became harder for her to keep the tears at bay. Then, she eventually let go and sobbed quietly. Her hands instantly wiped the streaming tears away but no matter how fast she was at it, her tears were presumptively endless.

What she heard from Doctor Jung that morning after her therapy was still echoing in her ears, running around her mind. Yoori was well aware that her condition was far from good, what she didn’t know was that hearing it firsthand was painful, a lot painful that what she had expected. And here she thought she was strong enough to handle that kind of news. She just wished that Doctor Jung was lying to her mother like before, but even through the other side of the door, the girl could clearly hear how honest and serious her doctor was.

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

“How was your therapy?" Luhan asked out of nowhere. Seconds later, the boy magically appeared in the living room, holding a cup of hot chocolate. It was evident that he just woke up. His voice was a dead giveaway; moreover, his hair was sticking all over the place, still in a tangled mess, eyes a bit unfocused. But it was clear to him that Yoori was down. As he settled himself on the couch, his eyes were glued onto Yoori. He was curious of what the girl was up to, sitting far away, looking so lost in the broad day light.

His inkling was proven when the girl remained quiet. Usually Yoori would say a one word reply, getting used to the boy pestering her about what happened to her weekly therapy.

"Hey." Luhan called out, placing his mug on the coffee table with a clank.

Another silence greeted him.

“Yoo—““It's all right." Her short reply was hallow, soulless, making the older boy frown. He didn’t know what was happening and it was bothersome.

"No it's not!" That tugged the last string of his patience and he snapped without thinking.

"Quit being nosey Luhan!" With that said, Yoori lifted her head only to glare at the older boy and then she immediately looked away.  

Luhan stopped for a while, contemplating on whether he would continue asking or not. He didn’t want to be in an argument with her again. But when he stopped to look closely a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter