22

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yoori was at the far corner of the long empty hallway, face planted on the palm of her hands. Her surrounding was quiet enough giving her all the time to think rationally. The said girl was patiently waiting for either a nurse or a doctor to appear so that she could question Luhan’s whereabouts. The two teenagers got separated when they reached the hospital an hour ago. Luhan got escorted somewhere in the heart of the hospital while she was only treated for minor injuries at the outpatient department with a nurse taking care of everything for her.

Undeniably, Yoori was worried sick after the whole incident at the parking lot. It was unfair how Luhan got beaten up by a bunch of dangerous looking guys with no one at his back to protect him. If only she could do much more than what she did that time the situation would probably turn out differently – or not.

Thereafter being treated, Yoori immediately dialed her mother’s phone number and informed the clueless woman what had happened, missing out the whole detail; it could wait for later when the older woman appears personally.

Minutes later after the call was made, Miss Kang came rushing to Yoori’s direction. She squatted in front of the girl, cupping her daughter’s face and caressing it gently with her warm hands. “Gosh… what happened?” The older woman examined her daughter’s face, her arms and exposed skin, only to frown at the bandages on her arms. “Where’s Luhan?” Worry reflected on her glassy eyes. The older woman was not mad at Luhan or anything for causing such thing to her daughter but instead, she was worried about his well being. She knew that Luhan was tough and all but then again, he was just a kid and he could only bear so much. And as if someone had heard their inner thoughts, a young doctor appeared out of nowhere. She was holding a clipboard in her hands; a nurse was following her steps.

“You’re the girl from earlier right? You came here with that boy.” She spoke softly, her eyes only looking at Yoori. Angling her head, she then spotted Miss Kang beside the young girl on the wheelchair. “Are you the boy’s mother?” The young doctor assumed shifting her gaze from Yoori to Miss Kang.

“I’m his guardian.” Miss Kang started. “Where’s Luhan?”  She didn’t want to sound rude to the doctor but the older woman with all the worries in her heart wanted to know where Luhan was. She wanted to know if he was fine.  

“Follow me.” Miss Kang’s question was not taken wrongly by the young doctor; in fact she expected that reaction, knowing well how mothers worry about their kids. The doctor was even glad to them to where the boy was rooming.

 

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You always cause trouble and now look at what you did… even involving that poor girl in your senseless fights? What has gotten into you huh?” Mrs. Oh came like a storm when she heard of what had happened. The woman was so mad thus, she immediately dragged Sehun out of Seoul and drove all the way to Busan in a late hour just to get to Luhan and scold him for being rebellious and for not thinking first before acting up like a spoiled brat.

Luhan on the other hand ignored the fuming woman in his room. Miss Kang and Yoori’s time with him was cut short when the witch decided to show herself.  He didn’t even get a chance to apologize to Yoori and ask her if she’s doing fine. The first thing he noticed upon seeing Yoori was the bandages around both of her arms and he knew that she got it when she tried to protect him.

The witch was damn right; it was his fault why Yoori got hurt. But he was not aware that those guys would be appearing at that place, much more in that hour. He even thought that he would not see them ever again after their last encounter weeks ago when they tried to get back at him. Turned out that they still want to take revenge on him because of what he did, beating half of those guys the last time.

“Are you even listening to me?” Mrs. Oh hollered, not caring even if someone might hear her.  “We’ll leave first thing in the morning… I’ll ask Sehun to gather your things at Miss Kang’s place.”  The woman declared as she furiously punched numbers on her phone to call Sehun.

“I didn’t agree to this!” Luhan finally turned to look at the woman by his bed only to shoot her deadly glares.  Going home was not in his plans yet, especially if he was going back with the woman and his younger brother. “My mom will decide!”

“I don’t need your opinion on this matter Luhan… you’ll do what I say! At least have the decency

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter