15

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoori waited for Luhan to calm down. The younger saw how ablaze his eyes were when they met hers, those doe-like eyes never looked at her that way even though he was always annoyed because of her stubbornness.

Luhan was so furious because of the conversation he had with Sehun and her listening to it only added to his already spoilt temper.

At first, Yoori was contemplating on whether to knock on his door and apologize for almost eavesdropping. However, the idea evaporated into thin air when she heard a disturbing thud from the lad’s room, an object hitting the concrete floor. The girl chose to just wait, scared that he would try to vent out his anger on her. She just silently wished that the older guy would feel hungry for he hadn't eaten a single meal since they arrived from the hospital, thus, having no choice but to get out and face her.

A sigh of relief washed over her face upon hearing the bolt of Luhan's door clicked open, an hour after. Footsteps soon reached her ears but the relief later was overshadowed with worry once the boy passed by the dining area, his face was focused on one direction. Yoori was then alarmed so she quickly wheeled herself to follow Luhan but before she could even see his shadow the sound of the front door slamming greeted her in the hallway. Just like that Luhan left her all alone.

 

Morning came.

It was bad that the dark circles in Yoori’s eyes became more evident upon staying until three in the morning. She waited for Luhan to come home, afraid to sleep without a trace of the older boy being at home.  It was not that she wasn't used to being alone, it was just that she wanted to apologize and she could not sleep because of the guilt.

A buzz from the door disturbed her musing in front of the mirror.  She immediately halted on what she was doing and lazily dragged herself out of the living room and into the receiver that was located by the door.

"Hello" she greeted softly, voice still hoarse for she just woke up. She cleared and repeated herself.  "Hello, who's there?" It was a pity that she could not see who was behind the door for their receiver didn’t have a built in camera.

She heard shuffling from the other end followed by a voice of a woman greeting her. "Oh! Good morning! Is Miss Kang around?"  - voice with so much excitement that had the girl cringing.

 

 

"I am sorry but who are you?"

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

Upon arriving Miss Kang instantly saw an unfamiliar red car parked few yards away from their house. It was a new sight to her because truthfully, no one in their neighborhood had visitors at an early hour. And when she got in and went straight to the living room the older woman saw two figures at the couch, one belonging to someone she faintly recognized.

 The sudden appearance of Mrs. Oh and his son shocked Miss Kang.  She could not forget the face of the woman who ruined her friend's family. Though probably the other woman didn't know her personally she on the other knew the devil. After all, Fei had told her everything.

"Excuse me." Wanting to get their attention Miss Kang had spoken.

“Omma.” Yoori instantly called out upon seeing her mother by the door. The girl suddenly felt uncomfortable with the stare her mom was giving her. She knew the risk of letting some stranger into their house but when they mentioned Luhan she immediately trusted them without a doubt.  

"Sunye-sshi?" Mrs. Oh stood and faced Miss Kang with a smile that never reached her eyes. She also urged Sehun to greet the older woman. The boy did as what he was told, also bowing as a sign respect to the unfamiliar woman in front of him.

 

“Can you kids get out first…?”

 

Yoori looked at Sehun as if t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter