02

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The bed let out a soft sound of protest when Luhan let his body fall flat against it. His day was officially spoiled and went down to the dumpster, not that it was even better from the start anyway. Witnessing a fight first thing in the morning wouldn't give anyone a better head start.

 

The punishment or basically his summer had officially started. Now, he was left in the hands of his mother's friend, Ms. Kang. The woman had told him that she prefers to be called auntie despite having no blood relation to him or to his family. The boy had compromised, knowing that he didn't have a choice. Besides, he was welcomed nicely and the woman seemed overly joyed when he arrived.

 

The only problem he has to face is the girl he met earlier. Remembering what had happened, ticked him off. She had stirred something inside of him, boiling his blood to an unknown temperature he didn't know existed in his system. He doesn't like how she taunted him. No one ever does that to LUHAN. But this girl has the nerve to lash out on him like he stole something which he clearly didn't do, except for barging inside a room without anyone's consent. She is rather rude even though she looks younger than him. Truthfully, he is a bit intimidated by those pair of piercing eyes the girl has. Either way he shrugged the thoughts and the ideas he formulated to make the girl's life a living hell, seeing that probably the girl was just unhappy with her pathetic life. Luhan is not that heartless, the poor girl is already suffering. He just have to ignore her presence as much as possible. Surely, he is not showered with a fair amount of patience.

 

A sudden vibration snapped his thoughts, and the realization that it is coming from his jeans' pocket hit him. His damn phone. Immediately he reached for it and looked at the screen.

 

Yixing.

 

He received a text message from Yixing, his friend. The message is short and simple, Yixing is telling him to enjoy his summer as much as he can, but knowing his friend there is an underlying meaning behind it which tells him something around good luck or welcome to the depths of hell.

 

Yixing. A friend he got way back in middle school. They easily got along, aside from being both Chinese they have the same likes and dislikes, moreover Yixing can totally understand his situation. In fact,  his friend has the same tangled family, a broken one like his. However, the latter is much luckier since he is blessed with parents who never cares in what he does in school, or even his life. He lives in an apartment alone, having just a dog as a pet to accompany him, or if lucky girls who would want to spend the night in his little haven.

 

The difference between the two is that Luhan is not really free to do the things he wants.

 

“Luhan, dinner's ready.” A voice came ringing in his ears, making him jolt out of the bed, almost hitting the cold floor in the process.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan had prepared himself to meet the girl when he went down for dinner but was relieved when he didn't see any traces of the girl in the room. The dining hall is just around the corner, his small tour earlier gave him the access to take a glimpse of it. Nothing can compare to how homey it looked, what their house in Seoul lacked of.

 

"Oh. Just sit wherever you like." Ms. Kang had noticed his arrival and from the kitchen she immediately appeared in the dining hall, wearing an awful looking apron for Luhan's taste while holding a pot that the younger had presumed contains their dinner for the evening.

 

"Only us?" he had unconsciously asked as he observed that only two plates were neatly arranged on the table. He approached the table and took the seat at the head near the window.

 

"It'll be just the two of us." Ms. Kang confirmed. He had expected the answer anyway so he wasn't surprised at all.

 

"Yoori doesn't want to eat here, she prefers to be served in her room."

 

Yoori.

 

Who the heck is Yoori?

 

Then he had thought of the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter