14

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  
  
 
  
 
AN: New subscribers welcome! :) Thank you for allotting (wasting tbvh) your precious time in reading this crap LOL. and hmmm FORGIVE ME for this lame update but woah.. 2 updates in a week.  :)
WARNING: MISTAKES (IN GRAMMAR) ARE EVERYWHERE. 
 
 


 
In everyone's judging eyes it was Yoori's entire fault, Chanyeol had informed Luhan that reality and had also proven his statement, for he didn't even bother to clear himself and hide the fact that he once tried to blame the poor girl for everything that had happened. Who wouldn't? He, rather explained that it was just of human nature, to point fingers. Who else would be responsible if not the person who started it off?   After all, he was only human, and he could make mistakes. 
 
Chanyeol then narrated how he received a call from Baekhyun on that unfaithful night, with one question that didn't surprise him but left him restless.   
 
"Do you know a place here to hang out at this late hour?" Baekhyun asked from the other line, without letting Chanyeol reply or give him an answer to his question, series of explanation came out of his mouth, filling in his friend to why he had suddenly called so late just to ask a random question like that, from Yoori asking him to drive her to the orphanage to his plan on breaking that simple promise. 
  
 
Of course, Chanyeol as a dear friend and knowing that the older guy was foolishly in love with the younger girl, he had told him that there was a beach at the end of the expressway. He didn't question his friend any further , but Baekhyun being the more talkative one out of the two,  without Chanyeol asking, he had told him their  -- or rather his counter plan. 
  
 
"I know she'll get mad if we don't go to that orphanage but she's injured enough to be dancing in that program tomorrow so I'll just take her out and probably tell her how I feel to compensate." Baekhyun said with a nervous chuckle. 
  
  
"Man, I didn't know you're this loser" Chanyeol joked, trying to play it cool. "Do what you want! Just make sure that you won't make a fool out of yourself." came as his response, trying to be as casual as possible. 
  
  
"I know she likes me too." Baekhyun confidently said just to tease the younger boy and get a huge reaction from his friend. He knew for a fact that when they were kids, Chanyeol used to have a huge crush on Yoori. However, Chanyeol ended up getting inderectly rejected upon the girl's confession that he was like a big brother to her and Miyoung was her twin sister. Miyoung, Chanyeol's cousin and Yoori's best friend was the one who told Baekhyun about Chanyeol's misery when they were kids, just so she could take revenge on him when he told an embarrassing story of her in front of Baekhyun and boy the piece of information from Miyoung did come handy in situations like this one. 
  
  
"Bastard. just. err good luck" The younger stuttered, obviously embarrassed about Baekhyun bringing up that topic from the past. 
 

 
Then that was what Chanyeol had last told Baekhyun. No , good night or goodbye needed for the two. They were always like that. If only the younger knew that it was the last time he would be able to talk to Baekhyun , he probably would not end the call in a hurry. It was awkward for him to talk about that matter even though he claimed that he no longer had the same affection towards the younger girl. 
  
  
 
  
  
 
  
 
  
 
 
 

☆☆♛☆☆ 
  
  
 
  
  
 
 

 
  
  
  
  
The speck of light peaked through the slits of the slightly covered window. The soft material of the curtain could not seem to properly do its job of obscuring the light as the rays passed through it, waking up the sleeping princess who was trapped in her nightmares. 
 
  
Yoori woke up feeling dejected like any other day since her nightmares came back. Every scene in her supposed flashbacks was tearing her apart, roughly leaving her to breathe. The way it portrayed the last memory of that unfaithful winter night, how Baekhyun sacrificed himself for her safety seems to eat more of her rational part. She wanted to just die and rot in hell in order to pay for the things she'd done. It was the guilt that gnawing on her slowly. It was enough for her to suffer in that way, she had had enough of people pointing fingers at her way, accusing her of being a murder. It was not like she did everything on purpose. What ever happened was out of her hands.  She was not God. 
 
 
"Yoori-sshi" a nurse came interrupting her train of thoughts, allowing her to get back to her senses. "Doctor Jung will check you up in a minute" the nurse politely reminded her as she flipped through the clipboard on her hands then left the room in a hurry, perhaps, to attend to other patients. 
 
  
In less than a minute the old doctor appeared inside her room, a manila envelope was on his hands. "How are you miss Kang?" he asked in a cheerful manner that the young girl hated. 
 
  
Yoori believed that every doctor just had to act in front of their patients. The facade was just to mask and hide what they truly feel. Pity was not one of them, neither sympathy. She no longer trust them, no longer hold the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter