08

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

AN: Long time no update ne? Like what I’ve said... my computer broke... I got a new one but eeerr I want my old one back. :/
Oh!.. here is a new chapter. I hope this won't bore you to death.

 

Tomorrow is the start of my third year in college and that only means.. less updates. :/ I am so sorry for making you wait but I can't do anything about it. I just hope that you give me words of encouragement in order for this story to keep going... I am going through what they call 'writer's block'. Too many thoughts are in my head right now and I can't concentrate enough. So yeah... I hope I get feedbacks and more subscribers. :)

 

By the way... I noticed that two other fanfics in exo tag have the same title as mine (this one). I am a bit worried about it but anyway we have different plots so yeah whatever. haha!

 

Okay. I blab too much... so here.

 

 

PS: I was in a hurry. A rush chapter... I guess? Please do point out my mistakes if you see any. Thank you! :)

 

ENJOY. COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)

 

 

 

 


 

The humid air of a usual mid-July night greeted Luhan as he stepped out of the car. Filling his lungs with the dry breeze, he got to the trunk and pulled out something along the way. His feet brought him next to the other side of the car and immediately opened the door after settling the wheelchair onto his side.

 

"Let's go" He carefully scooped Yoori out of the car and aided her on the wheelchair. Avoiding unnecessary contact to the said girl he instantly pulled away once she was comfortable enough and settled onto her seat. He then tapped a hand on his wrist watch, glancing at the time in the process. Almost seven . "We still have an hour to waste, are you hungry?" He asked out of courtesy. The girl meekly nodded in reply and was about to wheel herself to get moving but then Luhan beat her to it, just like every time.. "This will be a lot easier." he tightly gripped the handle, pushing Yoori forward.
 

After a hundred of pleas from Ms. Kang, Yoori gave in to her mother's request. The older woman wanted her to spend some time out of the house and enjoy. Yoori’s mother thought that attending the annual summer fireworks display would be a good thing for her daughter. Besides, her mother knew that it was some kind of a  ritual for her to attend the said festival every single year. The only difference now... was Yoori would be attending the same festival without him.

 

For Yoori, it was not a good idea to be in a festive mood when everything was falling apart, eating away every happy nerve she got or what was left in her. However, she didn't want to disappoint her mother more than she already had, though she was fairly aware that going there would bring back memories she could not just ignore her mother’s simple request.
 

Luhan had also convinced her to go. The previous night, the boy appeared by her doorstep, holding the box of medical supplies. His bruised face was in the process of healing but few cuts were still in need of attention and treating. Luhan called it Yoori's job to tend to his wounds. The girl didn't like how he gave out orders but truth to be told she was concerned enough and she wanted to help him out like how he helped her.







 

☆☆♛☆☆








 

Yoori and Luhan walked around the town plaza, passed the colorful booths, blending in the thick crowd. The streets were filled with people who wanted to have fun. Little kids were also present and playing around. All in all the plaza was livelier than usual with beaming street lights everywhere.  

 

While walking down the road, Luhan spotted something along the way that caught his attention. "I want to try that." Although the boy was eager to have a taste of what the booth offered, seeing that the stall was packed with a lot of people he bit back the urge to go because that would not be easy if he was to go there with Yoori.
 

The girl heard Luhan's mumbling and felt bad that she must be holding him back. "I'll stay here, buy one for me too." she tried to appear cool about the ordeal and casually talked it out with Luhan.The latter hesitated for a bit, leaving the girl might not be a good idea. "Come on, I am hungry too." Yoori gave him a soft smile, a hand shooing him to the store. She didn't want to be a burden so the only way to appear less guilty was to let the boy have his way.

 

Convinced enough that the girl would be fine alone for a while, without another second thought did he jog down the road, leaving the girl at the side walk. Yoori looked at Luhan, watching him ran like an excited school boy who just got out of school and into his favorite place.
 

A chuckle almost escape her pale chapped lips but was held back when I man appeared right before her, standing a little over six feet.

 

"Yoori? Is that you?" came surprising her. She whipped her head to the male’s direction and a spark of recognition instantly hit her. "It's been months since I last saw you" The boy prodded and gave her a big smile, showcasing all of his pearly white teeth. His eyes were smiling as well.
 

"Chanyeol sunbaenim." the only reply she could think of. She was still dazed to see someone she recognized from her previous life.

 

"It's good to see you out of the hospital. How are you?" The boy crouched down to her level, eyes still set on her, intently watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter