10

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

WARNING: RUSHED UPDATE. MISTAKES (IN GRAMMAR, SPELLING) ARE EVERYWHERE. LOL

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the feeling of waiting for the unknown that made Luhan worry.  Being held stationary in one place had been uncomfortable for the latter as he was not used to it. Moreover, his mind was preoccupied with unwanted thoughts, all pertaining to a certain girl behind the wall in front of him -- the emergency room. He was glued on his seat waiting impatiently for the door to open revealing someone who can explain to him what was wrong with Yoori. When Luhan found her almost lifelessly lying on the floor, he immediately rushed to her side. It didn't take long for him to bring her in the hospital as no struggling occurred because, apparently the girl lost consciousness after the fall. He assumed that she must have hit her head on a hard surface but deep inside he was contradicting the idea he had thought of.

 

In the midst of his musing, hurried steps reached his ears that eventually snapped him out of his trance, and when he looked up, he was greeted with Ms. Kang's worried expression.  The older woman was supposed to be staying over time at her work place to repay for her absences as what he remembered.

 

However, one call from the hospital immediately made the older woman jolt out of her office without even a goodbye from her colleagues. With a quick movement, she arrived in the hospital like a speeding bullet. When she spotted the lad sitting on one of the chairs she fasten her pace until she was standing right in front of him.  "What happened?" Even though the hospital already gave her an idea of what had happened, she still wanted to know exactly what occurred through the person who saw it or who she thought witnessed it. 
 


Luhan offered a seat to her, patting one of the plastic chairs beside him, but, the older woman didn't budge from her stance. Seeing that she was waiting for something out of him, the boy cleared his throat and began talking though he didn't have much to say in the first place. "I heard a crash in her room and she screamed so I immediately barged in then I found her, lying on the floor. I don't know what exactly happened auntie" He could not give her the exact thing that she wanted to know, he too was not aware of what had happened inside. 
 
 
Waiting seemed too long, worn out by worries Ms. Kang plopped down on one of the available chairs situated adjacent to the door, giving up on standing and pacing around. She buried her face on the palm og her hands, sighing once in a while.
 


"Ms. Kang" The call made the older woman bolt in her seat, standing up to bow down out of courtesy to the doctor who just got out of the room -- almost unnoticed. "Doctor Jung." followed by a formal address, a casual smile formed on her lips but the worried look was still eminent on her face.
 


Without waiting for the woman to ask, the doctor began explaining Yoori's condition. "She has been putting a lot of pressure on her legs..." he started, reading some lines on the clipboard he was holding onto. "Fatigue and sprain... she lost her balance and hit her head on something that's why she lost her consciousness. You don't have to worry that much.. it was nothing major." A reassuring smile eased upon the Doctor's lips but soon his expression changed, being so serious all of a sudden. "I can totally understand why she's been pressuring herself but please, she doesn't even obey us on her therapies and now she'll try to do it on her own? Please talk to your daughter, I know how she feels but pushing herself like this will only worsen the situation.." The doctor said, disappointed with what happened because of the girl's carelessness. With a pat on the woman's shoulder, the doctor left them after advising another day for Yoori to stay in the hospital. 
 

 
 

 

 


 
☆☆♛☆☆  
 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter