09

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Luhan was never a fan of dramas, he had enough of those pathetic tear-jerker cliché of a story and was fed up of its constant appearance in his life. Comforting someone was also not one of his expertise, for he himself didn't know how to console his own heart when life gets harder. It was easier for him  to run away when the going gets tough. At least in that way he could somehow escape even if  the assurance of permanence was not guaranteed. However, seeing Yoori in a horrible state gave him the instinct to pull her securely in his arms, a gesture he had learned from watching people around him. He thought that it would make her feel a lot better, like how it works on dramas but when the girl cried even harder he froze for a moment before regaining himself and pulling her even closer, her hair in a gentle way, assuring her that everything would be okay. But would it be? 
 


He could actually do a lot better than just staring at her from a far, exactly a meter away from him. Yoori requested to be alone for a moment, wanting to gather her thoughts and calming down herself after her ugly outburst earlier -- in which Luhan tried his best to comfort her. He immediately agreed, giving her all the space she needed. Time ticked, seconds turned into minutes and so was Luhan's patience, it wore off as time passes. When minutes passed and soon became an hour he pushed himself of off the car's hood and approached the girl with eager steps. 

 


"You don't want to go home yet?" Luhan said as he reached her side. He will himself not to sound impatient and irritated but it was rather pointless to hold back because the girl didn't see right through him, preoccupied with her musing. She could have missed Luhan's question or even his appearance at all since she was eventually too engulf in her thoughts. However, the rustling at her side told her that she was indeed with someone. She forced herself to snap out of her trance. "Can we stay here for a while? Mom would not be mad anyway..." Yoori replied with a pleading tone, her  eyes were still set a far. Her thoughts were swallowing her senses again. 
 
 
"Tell me what's wrong when you're ready." Luhan didn’t want to push her buttons any longer. He would appreciate if she'd open up on her own. Knowing Yoori, the girl was too stubborn and that making her speak up to him was the last thing she'd do but he knew that she would eventually tell him soon. 
 
 
“They were my friends back then.” 
 


Luhan was caught off guard by what she said. At first he didn't get it but when he did he inwardly sighed, hoping she'd say more than that, however, when she shut herself away from the world once again he knew that it was hard to make her tell him everything. Soon. He'd know. 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
☆☆♛☆☆ 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
In the middle of the night, Luhan found himself in the music room. It became somewhat of a habit every night since he discovered that photograph. True, he had hoped to find another clue to answer his never ending questions but, tough luck, he couldn't find any. He was that curious to know more. He was trying to convince himself that everything he did was just out of boredom, and well, he was curious as hell... all the time.  

 

Unlike those other nights, where he would play something on the piano, today was an exception, he was a bit out of it and didn't want to stay any longer in the room. When he decided to leave, however, Yoori suddenly appeared on its doorstep, surprising him. Luhan was dreaded that she would yell and make him leave in an instant but when the girl didn't say anything and the fact that she stepped inside the room without a complaint, it utterly shocked the boy. 
 


"Can you play?" Was what she only uttered. She wheeled herself closer to Luhan, sitting beside the boy as if she had done it in the past -- for countless times. Still processing what was happening Luhan only nodded as a response. 
 


"Can you play something?" Without another reply leaving his lips,  his fingers started to creep on the keys, landing on it smoothly and making soft beautiful melodies. Why he gave into her request, he didn't know.  

 

The girl on the other hand closed her eyes, wanting to feel the music by heart. When was the last time she heard of good music like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter