16

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Of course Luhan knew better that the older woman didn't really mean it when she said she wanted him back home. It was unlikely for his wicked step mother to care about him, much more for his welfare. She never cared for Sehun, her own son, so now… why care for the bastard son of her husband? Probably, it was his father who requested for his presence and she, being the pretentious ‘good’ wife had to act accordingly.

A frown found its way on Luhan’s face as those thoughts crossed his mind, leaving a bitter after taste in his mouth. The hasty movement caused him to let out another round of whimpering; his wounds were still that painful after all. It was a good thing that the younger girl had stopped looking at him warily and diverted all of her attention in cleaning the wounds on his arms, missing the scowl that was forming on the lad’s face. Yoori even muttered an apology, thinking that she was putting excessive pressure needed to clean his wounds.

“But mom told them that it’s your decision if you want to go or not and that if you want to go home then mom will drive you back to Seoul.” The girl started speaking again while carefully dabbing a cotton ball on one of Luhan’s many bruises.

Luhan was slightly relieved to know that Miss Kang would like to hear his opinion about the matter instead of promising them that he’ll be home as soon as possible because, him going home would never happen at the moment.

Silence enveloped them again. Both were waiting for the other one to speak up but, being impatient as ever, Luhan could not wait any longer and he decided to break the deafening silence. “I don’t want to go home.” It came out of his mouth as a whisper but Yoori was fast to catch on. Her ears perked upon the older boy’s statement. She expected that careless answer from him but it was a surprise for her that he actually had the guts to voice it out. She averted her gaze away from the task at hand and looked at the older boy, carefully examining him and the change of his expression, if there was any. Sehun had told her about their father’s condition. The sudden heart attack could have caused his life to end early and here, the boy in front of her couldn’t even consider his father’s request.

“But your fa-“ “I don’t want to go home and that’s final.” Luhan interjected. He was supposed to get onto his feet and tower over the younger girl just to prove the finality of his decision but the pain in his body was getting worse and it prevented him to do such things.   

“Luhan.” Yoori warned, sounding almost like a mother scolding her son.

“After this vacation I will live with my mom. I don’t want to go back there.” With that said, it was pointless for Yoori to argue because in the end Luhan would still be so stubborn and the possibility of him listening to her was a little less than one percent. “But you could at least give him a call.” When Luhan did not bother to acknowledge her suggestion in any way, she knew it was already time for her to leave him. Being alone would probably give him a chance to think it over again. 

Yoori was about to get out of the room, having herself wheeled almost at the door when she was stopped, a hand was gripping the handle of her wheelchair.

“Don’t you want me here anymore? I mean… ” The older boy was out of words once his words replayed on his mind, realizing too late how his question sounded so wrong. It was not supposed to come out that way. But before he could even think of a good comeback, the girl didn’t bother to give him a chance. “You should rest now.” Yoori didn’t even wait for Luhan to defend and correct himself because she immediately disappeared upon muttering a soft 'good night' to the older boy.

 

 

 

☆☆♛☆☆

 

 

 

Yoori could not even get a wink of sleep. Boring holes on the ceiling was not h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter