That Winter

That Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day during the long winter break, Luhan headed down south. The early and long drive tired him out, but the moment he stood in front of her doorsteps eased all of it. A few knocks summoned the girl he'd been wanting to see since the last days of summer. Seeing her wrapped in the blue blanket he left the last time he was there made him smile with all his teeth showing. Not wanting her to welcome the cold with him, he immediately stepped inside, shutting the door altogether. His eyes landed on hers, and once more, he gave her one of his brightest smiles.

"It's been a while Yoori," he went on his knees and patted her own. "I've missed you," he said while running his hands in circular motion as if the girl could feel it. 

"You're early. I thought you'd spend Christmas first before going here," Yoori stated. She placed her hand on top of his, stopping his movement. 

"Well..." his hand found hers, interlocking them together. "Change of plans, we're spending Christmas in  Seoul. I have discussed this with auntie already, and guess what?" After a short pause, he said, "she told me it's fine as long as it's okay with you, and that if I'll take very good care of you." His cheeky smile was plastered on his face once more. Before, it was a rare sight to see Luhan smile. However, after that summer, his life drastically changed. 

"We? What do you mean? I can't leave," Yoori suddenly pulled her hand out of Luhan's grasp. She rolled her wheels and drove herself a few meters away from the young man. "It will be hard for you," she said in a whisper but audible enough for Luhan to hear. 

Yoori was still back facing Luhan when he inched closer and wrapped his arms loosely around her shoulders. "It's only you who is saying that it is hard. What do you think of me?" he joked as if offended to have heard her say such thing. "Yoori, listen," at that, he wheeled her chair so that she was facing him. He went on his knees once more. "My mother likes the idea of you visiting Seoul. Besides, my brother and friends want to know you." His eyes never left hers. "This will also make me happy," he flashed a bashful smile and held her hands. What he said was enough to partially convince the stubborn girl. 

Luhan helped Yoori pack. She was adamant to do so, wanting her privacy, but he insisted to at least help her with her coats and dresses. Luhan was in front of her cabinet flashing each coat lined on the rack. "Say," he took out a brown parka and let Yoori decide for its fortune. "Do you think going tonight will be possible?" Luhan did not know that it was tiring to pack- and with a lady at that. 

"I told you to wait in the living-" "That's more boring," Luhan did not let her finish her words before opening his mouth. "After this, we'll wait for auntie, and we will be on our way." 

After two hours of packing, both of them were in the living room watching some drama they chanced to see upo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter